The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 74

• Page

of 116 First / Last

• Ultrasoundwave 11 Mar 2013 13:29:23 3,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    Lennie James is too good for them to not at least try and get him back for more.
    Saw that episode on Friday, easily one of the best episodes yet. Lennie James was indeed excellent, managed to portray being a fractured man without hamming it up at all.

Rick did mention to him that they are holed up in a prison, so Morgan knows where to go if he changes his mind.

I'd love to see the finale of the series be a big battle at the prison between Ricks group and Woodbury, maybe have something like the Governor standing over Rick ready to pull the trigger and Morgan shows up and lobs his head off with a large stick.

Would be awesome.....

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Scurrminator 11 Mar 2013 13:39:30 8,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    3x13 - yawn

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Mola_Ram 11 Mar 2013 14:08:12 8,325 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It was alright. There wasn't any real face-palming, largely because they told Andrea to fuck off pretty early on.

Rick's decision at the end was a bit O_o though. He can't be that much of an idiot to think that the Governor would honor his side of the bargain.
  • Gambit1977 11 Mar 2013 14:09:32 10,384 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmmm, 13 was ok ish. Merle has become so annoying with his growling whispering though. Seems they didn't have enough material to fill the episode at one point so decided to throw in a completely pointless scene I almost expected to go into slow motion.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Mar 2013 14:21:14 8,325 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Merle wanting to go storm off to kill the governor felt a bit random and arbitrary. Kind of like the writers saying "well, Merle's a dick, so we have to give him something to be a dick about". It wasn't very convincing.

But it was a small part of the episode, which on the whole I didn't think was that bad. It's definitely much better when the show focuses on a smaller group of characters. And there's some momentum now, which certainly beats them standing around the farm yelling at each other, or standing around the prison yelling at each other.
  • Tonka 11 Mar 2013 20:35:36 21,360 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought it was alright. But the previous episode was a tough act to follow. I liked how they had the foot soldiers making friends while the bosses were ego tripping maniacs.

How I wish Rick would just have shot the Governor though. This whole battle they are setting up sucks.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• stryker1121 11 Mar 2013 20:45:52 770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The episode had a good bit of tension up until the Gov's ultimatum to Rick. I don't want two episodes of Rick agonizing over a decision that every viewer already knows the outcome to. The show is full of such hand-wringing, to its detriment.
  • Gambit1977 11 Mar 2013 20:47:46 10,384 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @stryker1121 definitely! As soon as the episode started I turned to the wife and said exactly what the ending would be. I was spot on!
  • oceanmotion 11 Mar 2013 22:06:34 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought Rick would know the Governor will just fuck him over but that last scene was a mess. Would have been fine with the going to war speech because obviously he will kill them anyway but no, make him look like an idiot even with an explanation by himself as why that would be the wrong choice.

Nice to see some banter between each camp and ffs Andrea, playing the long game from within the enemy camp. Choose.

Edited by oceanmotion at 22:07:13 11-03-2013
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 00:35:09
    I didn't think much of the latest episode at all. Two people pretending to be American talking for ages about not much at all, while the others outside have some special moments together. Pointless sleep inducing sex scene thrown in to fill out the running time. I look forward to a reduction in cast numbers soon.

Oh and to anyone that can bare them, I suggest reading the comics. Lots of interesting characters and situations in them, even though the quality of writing is quite poor in places.
  • Khanivor 12 Mar 2013 01:21:46 41,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So I wonder who the implied mole in the prison is. Most likely it's Merle, sent in to stir shit up.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Mar 2013 01:50:44 8,325 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I did like how they told Andrea to fuck off.
    It was hilarious when she said to Hershal "they kicked me out", with her sad little face. :D
    I'M SO CONFLICTED. DO I CHOOSE RICK OR DO I CHOOSE THE GUY WITH A FISH TANK FULL OF SERVERED HEADS, A ZOMBIE DAUGHTER AND WHO ALMOST RAPED MAGGIE. FUCK THIS IS HARD.

Maybe she's supposed to be a parody of clueless liberals?
  • Mola_Ram 12 Mar 2013 01:51:35 8,325 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    So I wonder who the implied mole in the prison is. Most likely it's Merle, sent in to stir shit up.
    Where was that implied? Maybe I missed it.
  • stryker1121 12 Mar 2013 02:05:18 770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Where was that implied? Maybe I missed it.
    I don't if it was even implied, but Gov knew about the cache of guns Rick's team brought into the prison. That point was pretty much left hanging, I thought.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Mar 2013 02:14:08 8,325 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just assumed someone had followed them. But yeah, could be a spy. Or badly thought out writing.
  • Folant 12 Mar 2013 02:36:19 1,604 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Glenn's bit.

Stockholme Syndrome and all that.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Iain815 12 Mar 2013 02:43:46 441 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it just meant he had people watching the place.

Also, sex.
  • GuiltySpark 12 Mar 2013 05:24:39 6,470 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Governor really needs to kill Andrea, in a show of power or something, because right now he's not even really that evil.

But yeah, fairly poor writing this episode. Nothing really meant anything. You can't have an episode focusing on two people sitting at a table, and barely anything on note being said. Nothing plot moving, and nothing character building.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 12 March 2013 06:51:20
    I see this has gone back to being a bit shit after last weeks awesome episode.
  • AcidSnake 12 Mar 2013 08:34:18 7,298 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If I might be the single voice of dissent here I quite like the Governor's speech about the voicemail...It was believable at least...
    Also you just know ignorant Woodbury footsoldier is going to go face to face with Daryl soon and Daryl will kill him in no time...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Scurrminator 12 Mar 2013 08:47:08 8,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My problems are:

* The prison. It's a shit hole. I don't know why they are so fussed about not leaving it and defending it. Loads of people have died there. It offers flimsy protection and it just looks like a dump. I don't care one bit for the place. All they're doing is hiding there.

* The Governor. He's not scary. At all. He's weird for sure. Their little dick swinging match this week was pointless. Rick's not scared of him either which means there is zero tension present.

The story that this is based on does all of these things much better. The prison is a home that they have spent time building up; to lose it would be a terrible thing. The Governor is an evil bastard that you know means business from the moment you meet him (and so does Rick).

I bet that in a few episodes time it will all end in some cliche action scene and wrap up nicely - urgh.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Whizzo 12 Mar 2013 09:24:03 43,370 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm a bit mystified about the prison, in the comic it really is worth having as it's pretty much intact, huge, has large areas fenced off for crop growing and it's in good shape once it had all the bodies cleared, in the show it's a wreck that's tiny (TV show budget in action) and just seems to be a death trap.

This episode felt like something that's fine in a show that has a 22 episode season, not one with a short run as it really didn't advance the plot at all. The only thing it did was show "hey these people aren't that different from each other!" No shit.

Edited by Whizzo at 09:24:26 12-03-2013

This space left intentionally blank.

• Mola_Ram 18 Mar 2013 07:14:11 8,325 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So a clue finally caught up to Andrea. Better late than never, I guess.

Random thoughts:

-Andrea: "I have to kill him". Me:

-Does Andrea have a tracking device on her or something? How was the Governor able to find her all those times?

-Enough with the ninja zombies. Seriously. You can't just go from an empty road/light forest to them swarming you in the space of 10 seconds. It's just silly.

-Even though Tyreese is awesome, his group hasn't really done anything for me so far.

Anyway, for an Andrea episode I was actually expecting it to be much worse than it was. I still wanted her to die, but the scenes in the factory were actually really effective.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 08:22:03 18-03-2013
  • Darren 18 Mar 2013 13:42:19 9,081 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really enjoyed the Miccone/Carl/Rick episode the week before last for its character bonding and change of pace but this week's episode was dull in comparison, I thought. Basically nothing really happened except for Rick, who have never been one for words anyway, and the Governor staring each other down. Definitely the weakest episode of season 3 for me personally. It seems to one of those budget-saving episodes that usually crop up before the season finale.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• TheSaint 18 Mar 2013 20:40:55 14,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The XBMC thumbnail had already given away that she would be grabbed when near the tree before I even watched the episode anyway.
  • Tonka 18 Mar 2013 20:53:05 21,360 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked it. Good episode for a "set up" piece. I was cheering for the Governor when he was chasing Andrea over that field but in the next sneak chase I found myself rooting for Andrea.

Also liked Ricks "I'm still insane" look.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Page

of 116 First / Last