Tomb Raider 9 / reboot Page 29

• Page

of 78 First / Last

• SomaticSense 28 Feb 2013 00:39:29 8,981 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    People who want the same sequels every year need to wake up. Just play the old games. Titles need to evolve or they die.
    This is the problem people are having with it. It might no longer be a sequel in the classical sense anymore and had a 'refresh', but in doing so it's effectively become the exact same thing as all the copycat sequels we get every year. Its not that we think its a bad game at all, its that with this reboot its now become so goddamn generic that it may as well be one of the bland derivative sequels we see every year.

Look at CoD. I don't think many people are really going to argue that purely quality wise its not an exceptionally well made game. But that won't change the fact that people hate what its come to stand for in the industry. Which is a sacrifice of the dev's creativity for the soulless search of the big bucks.

Anyway. Here's hoping the rumoured Soul Reaver reboot doesn't end up as another setpiece driven QTE laden cover shooter. Now that really would be something to mourn...

edit: For the record, I think the "point" Kalel was alluding to, is that (most) people aren't really hating on the game. I think people are more sad that a lot of the stuff that made the franchise so special seems to have been taken out. A lot of us feel that all these 8/10s could have been 9s or 10s had they kept a lot of the features of this remake while still keeping the old TR soul.

Edited by SomaticSense at 00:48:56 28-02-2013
  • itinkuravinalaff 28 Feb 2013 03:07:34 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I couldn't play the other Tomb Raider games because I tried them and thought they were crap. This new and different Tomb Raider is more my type.

Edited by itinkuravinalaff at 03:08:12 28-02-2013
  • King_Edward 28 Feb 2013 06:27:29 11,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Then you're well catered for. Must be nice.
  • beastmaster 28 Feb 2013 06:36:35 11,803 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    People who want the same sequels every year need to wake up. Just play the old games. Titles need to evolve or they die.
    This is the problem people are having with it.

Look at CoD. I don't think many people are really going to argue that purely quality wise its not an exceptionally well made game. But that won't change the fact that people hate what its come to stand for in the industry.

Edited by SomaticSense at 00:48:56 28-02-2013
    What problem? What hate? Don't get me wrong, I agree but the bazillions who buy these games love them and want more.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• King_Edward 28 Feb 2013 07:41:05 11,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't think bazillions will buy this. It's a somewhat irrelevant franchise that made a point of pissing off whatever dedicated fanbase it had.

Like DmC, it now has to convince a whole new audience to not buy Uncharted or Crysis or whatever they were into, and by this instead.
  • spamdangled 28 Feb 2013 07:46:41 27,426 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    I just dislike negativity as I am a beacon of positivity.
    Sarcasm, surely?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 28 February 2013 07:49:39
    Bingo. Although I am pretty positive in regards to gaming.
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Feb 2013 13:32:13 3,397 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well well well.

Shopto have just sent me my order receipt, so it would seem that they intend to ship this game today.

If i get this tomorrow i shall be getting the lube out for Shopto yet again......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Humperfunk 28 Feb 2013 13:44:06 2,390 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I suspect you'll get it Saturday mate but if it does arrive tomorrow, I'll order lube for two!

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• kinky_mong 28 Feb 2013 14:17:44 10,724 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Make that three...

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• FightingMongoose 28 Feb 2013 15:43:02 502 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My copy from 2game.com was dispatched yesterday. It's the first time I've used them, trying them out of curiosity. A Friday or Saturday arrival would be very nice indeed!
  • itinkuravinalaff 28 Feb 2013 19:22:38 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    any more lube?
  • Ultrasoundwave 1 Mar 2013 08:47:50 3,397 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Completely shocking, unexpected news :

DLC planned for Tomb Raider.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• King_Edward 1 Mar 2013 09:47:49 11,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The "illegible" word is "ideal". Do we know what AC is?

Edited by King_Edward at 09:49:38 01-03-2013
  • Deleted user 1 March 2013 09:49:44
    FightingMongoose wrote:
    My copy from 2game.com was dispatched yesterday. It's the first time I've used them, trying them out of curiosity. A Friday or Saturday arrival would be very nice indeed!
    I was just looking at that site, don't like ordering from somewhere I've never heard of.
  • kinky_mong 1 Mar 2013 09:50:29 10,724 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Handled well they could be a nice addition to the game, otherwise RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• jellyhead 1 Mar 2013 09:58:20 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nice, I'll wait for the GOTY version later in the year then.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Deleted user 1 March 2013 10:10:57
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Handled well they could be a nice addition to the game, otherwise RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
    Yeah, if the price is right and the tombs are properly old school in size and puzzle complexity could be good.

Although should have had better tombs in game called Tomb Raider from the start huh
  • Deleted user 1 March 2013 10:55:31
    Just took the plunge and ordered off 2game for 29.99. Was going to rent but 15 hours in 5 nights is pushing it. Plus cex will give me 25 cash in two weeks :)
  • neilka 1 Mar 2013 10:56:12 16,464 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    The "illegible" word is "ideal". Do we know what AC is?
    Arse Candles, she needs some way to see where she's going.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• jellyhead 1 Mar 2013 10:59:23 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AC are probably the initials of the dev assigned to the DLC Side Corridors for the game. Looks like they've been assigning tasks during a meeting.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• beastmaster 1 Mar 2013 11:00:11 11,803 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, I though I'd ordered the Survival Edition but I had ordered the Collectors Edition. So, I'll get a thing to play with.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• itinkuravinalaff 1 Mar 2013 11:52:09 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shopto have just informed me all orders of Tomb Raider will be posted Saturday to adhere to strict release day.:-(
  • Deleted user 1 March 2013 11:54:19
    Shopto are poor of late or should I say poor compared to their old self. My last two orders have not arrived early and a lot of people on here are reporting the same thing. Perhaps got a slapped wrist for breaking date all the time.
  • kinky_mong 1 Mar 2013 11:59:32 10,724 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metal Gear Rising arrived early last week, as did my Anarchy Reigns order in January. Haven't noticed any changes in there impeccable delivery times.

This is slightly annoying if true, but I've got plenty to do this weekend anyway so it's not a hardship for me.

• FightingMongoose 1 Mar 2013 12:22:28 502 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    FightingMongoose wrote:
    I was just looking at that site, don't like ordering from somewhere I've never heard of.
    Worst case scenario is that I'll lose thirty quid, but I've paid with PayPal I think so I'm fairly sure I can get it back. Thought I'd give them a go, they obviously want my money considering it's the lowest price, I just hope they don't screw me over!
  • Deleted user 1 March 2013 12:28:38
    Credit card always good too. Money protected. They have a few thousand likes on facebook so cant be too bad.
  • Deleted user 1 March 2013 12:31:30
    Just got shipped email with estimated delivery tomorrow or Monday. Blap!! :)
  • itinkuravinalaff 1 Mar 2013 12:41:23 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes I'm in no hurry because started playing Skyrim again and just noticed I'm a bloody Vampire again.
  • FightingMongoose 1 Mar 2013 13:34:48 502 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well it's uh… it's arrived today from 2game.com but… they've sent me two copies. I'm fairly certain I only paid for one, hmmm.
  • Page

of 78 First / Last