Castle Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Blaketown 20 May 2011 21:49:41 4,636 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's very much a light murder she wrote type thing. It's something that could be repeated in the afternoons in years to come. If you want anything more gritty you're going to be disappointed. It has plenty of character though. I'd liken it to Monk actually, which also has surprisingly interesting characters for what is essentially "easy-listening" crime drama.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• President_Weasel 20 May 2011 21:55:11 8,972 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a pretty decent odd-couple light-hearted cop show, better than most. I'd agree it has some similarities to Monk. Detective Esposito was in Generation Kill.
  • Charlie_Miso 26 May 2011 02:03:47 1,191 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great moment in the most recent season where Castle's mum and daughter were off to some Spa.

Mum - we're off the the Serenity Gardens
    Fillian - what's that?
    Mum - You've never heard of the Serenity?

*Fillian gives look*
  • dominalien 26 May 2011 09:03:42 6,835 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also i feel slightly gay for watching this is this normal?

Yah, so do I. To the point that I don't mention to anyone IRL that I watch it :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• HoriZon 28 Jun 2011 22:55:21 13,496 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just started on this on CH5 but then couldn't wait so started to download it, on about ep 5 of S1 i kinda like it!

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• varsas 26 Sep 2011 10:36:16 2,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone watching US pace? I thought it was a decent opener.
  • Blaketown 26 Sep 2011 10:40:44 4,636 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its back?

Oh man did BT pick the right time of year to install one of them new fangled fibre optic boxes at the end of my road.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Derblington 26 Sep 2011 10:46:49 21,276 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    varsas wrote:
    Anyone watching US pace? I thought it was a decent opener.

Yah, though the last line was obvious from early in the episode.
  • varsas 26 Sep 2011 11:17:47 2,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Yah, though the last line was obvious from early in the episode.
    Yes, very much so and it would have been annoying for those of us wanting them to finally get it on.

They reset things with the first episode in the sense of standalone stories going forward but with the relationship between the leads different and Kate recovering it makes things interesting; plus she has Worf as her psychiatrist! :)
  • Wobble 26 Sep 2011 11:50:12 1,029 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They seem to have turned Kate into a bit of a Bitch this season, for no apparent reason other than the will they/wont they chemistry wouldn't be there if they finally did. But they seem to have killed it off with her bitchyness anyway. Strange and a bit dissapointing.
  • Derblington 26 Sep 2011 11:57:51 21,276 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought they handled it reasonably well - when Kate told Castle that she couldn't have the relationship she wanted until her wall had been dropped, and to do that she had to catch the man responsible. He conceded and reinforces it with his talk with Alexis at the end of the episode, that Kate makes him happy and that's enough for now. Kate isn't being a bitch, she's trying to spare Castle from getting hurt as she can't commit to him.

Ultimately, I don't think there was an easy or clean way of coming back from the "I love you" cliffhanger at the end of S3, but I think they handled it well enough considering we all knew it had to happen.
  • varsas 3 Oct 2011 00:46:33 2,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really enjoyed that second episode; great banter and lots more misdirection in addition to playing with a fun subject. I'll miss the rather cute Alexis if she's leaving!
  • Deleted user 6 November 2012 23:04:30
    Anyone who's a fan of Molly Quinn (Alexis) should probably check out the latest episode.

Girls been taking her vitamins. She's 19 now so it's all good.
  • Jono62 6 Nov 2012 23:16:17 13,958 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oooh! I'm on S4 so got a bit of a catchup.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next