PlayStation Vita Page 858

  • Page

    of 900 First / Last

  • DFawkes 10 Feb 2014 11:37:06 22,058 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't say I enjoyed the duel system in DW6. That sounds like a rather unwelcome thing to return.

    So I take in Next sometimes uses mandatory character choices?

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • FanBoysSuck 10 Feb 2014 11:39:26 1,384 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DFawkes Whoops logged in with my old account!

    Anyway, the issue is that you can only carry 30 different crafting items. This means you have 30 seconds at the end of a level to dump excess types at random. This leaves you in the situation of having to memories what you need for weapons and armour.

    Couple this with individual levels not telling you what is dropped adds up to what is sure to become an exercise in frustration. Checking the wiki on the train will be an absolute nightmare as well. It's a pretty big oversight for a game based around crafting! I'll take another look if they sort it out via a patch.

    For the emperor!

  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 11:52:47 55,849 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I can't say I enjoyed the duel system in DW6. That sounds like a rather unwelcome thing to return.

    So I take in Next sometimes uses mandatory character choices?
    Yeah. FOR THIS BATTLE YOU WILL BE CONTROLLING THAT SHIT GUY.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 10 Feb 2014 12:03:33 4,603 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    I can't say I enjoyed the duel system in DW6. That sounds like a rather unwelcome thing to return.

    So I take in Next sometimes uses mandatory character choices?
    Yeah. FOR THIS BATTLE YOU WILL BE CONTROLLING THAT SHIT GUY.
    Started Next this weekend. Had to duel Lu Bu which almost made me launch my Vita through a window. Two hits and he kills you. The prick.

    The other mini games are shit too. Particularly anything involving tilting the Vita.

    "sounds like a public school ponce"

  • DFawkes 10 Feb 2014 12:24:18 22,058 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    Anyway, the issue is that you can only carry 30 different crafting items. This means you have 30 seconds at the end of a level to dump excess types at random. This leaves you in the situation of having to memories what you need for weapons and armour.

    Couple this with individual levels not telling you what is dropped adds up to what is sure to become an exercise in frustration. Checking the wiki on the train will be an absolute nightmare as well. It's a pretty big oversight for a game based around crafting! I'll take another look if they sort it out via a patch.
    Thanks for answering :) I'd probably be okay with most of those issues, as they seem similar to Monster Hunter. Learning what you get and where you get it are part of the game, which I don't mind but does sometimes require searching online to find the best ways, so I can totally understand it putting people off.

    The main difference seems to be at the end of a hunt. With MH, if you're hunting for a specific monster part, the best odds are usually from capturing. If you capture, you get that stuff at the end, and are given the option to send it directly to your storage box so don't have to worry about your inventory being full.

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 12:26:09 55,849 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    I can't say I enjoyed the duel system in DW6. That sounds like a rather unwelcome thing to return.

    So I take in Next sometimes uses mandatory character choices?
    Yeah. FOR THIS BATTLE YOU WILL BE CONTROLLING THAT SHIT GUY.
    Started Next this weekend. Had to duel Lu Bu which almost made me launch my Vita through a window. Two hits and he kills you. The prick.

    The other mini games are shit too. Particularly anything involving tilting the Vita.
    The 'spell casting' is horrible. I dont know how they could take the brass rubbing mini-game from uncharted:GA and make it worse.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • FanBoysSuck 10 Feb 2014 12:39:03 1,384 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DFawkes Ah no not 30 items in your inventory, you don't have one, 30 items in storage. Then 30 seconds after the battle to sell any excess or it just gets discarded. There is no mass storage.

    Edited by FanBoysSuck at 12:39:21 10-02-2014

    For the emperor!

  • DFawkes 10 Feb 2014 12:45:05 22,058 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, that is a severe crutch then! With mass storage you could just keep everything. That sounds like a right pain as is. I'm sure with a 30 initial limit it'll most likely be expandable somehow, but it's not going to make it very enjoyable early on.

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • uiruki 10 Feb 2014 12:46:27 3,530 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They do fix that - I'm not sure by how much exactly as I still haven't finished chapter 1 in the full game.

    Edited by uiruki at 12:46:46 10-02-2014
  • ecureuil 10 Feb 2014 12:50:34 76,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They should have redone to OS to be more like the PS4's, it would have tied in nicely with the new version. The current dashboard with the bubbles is a bit rubbish IMO.
  • FanBoysSuck 10 Feb 2014 13:06:47 1,384 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It can be expanded via certain quests later in the game apparently. It's still way too much of an issue for me as it'll make an already grindy game even worse. Which is a shame, I like pretty much everything else about it.

    For the emperor!

  • mrpon 10 Feb 2014 13:30:35 27,645 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    They should have redone to OS to be more like the PS4's, it would have tied in nicely with the new version. The current dashboard with the bubbles is a bit rubbish IMO.
    Nice idea. Takes far too long to delete things atm.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • TheMayorOfJugs 10 Feb 2014 13:34:22 2,273 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    mrpon wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    They should have redone to OS to be more like the PS4's, it would have tied in nicely with the new version. The current dashboard with the bubbles is a bit rubbish IMO.
    Nice idea. Takes far too long to delete things atm.
    Hold bubble. (1sec)
    Tap dots. (.2-.5 secs, depending)
    Hit delete. (.2-.5secs)
    Hit yes. (.2-.5secs)
    Deleting. (10 secs)

    12.5 seconds= UNACCEPTABLE
  • gizmo 10 Feb 2014 15:27:52 1,991 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OMG, just received my Vita fat, for the OLED screen before stock runs dry.

    It is a thing of beauty, how did I not buy one earlier?

    Whohoo, looking forward to this :-D
  • FanBoysSuck 10 Feb 2014 15:30:12 1,384 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    gizmo wrote:
    OMG, just received my Vita fat, for the OLED screen before stock runs dry.

    It is a thing of beauty, how did I not buy one earlier?

    Whohoo, looking forward to this :-D
    Ha glad you like it, now go and get your Persona 4 on, pronto :D

    For the emperor!

  • santashi 10 Feb 2014 15:40:30 4,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    I got as far as cancelling Ys Celceta. I never did finish 7 so that was an easy call.

    Might still keep my Danganronpa order going though...
    I am looking forward to that game so much. Hopefully only a few more days...

    February-April is definitely the Japanese Vita bus rush, though.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • dudewheresmybrain 10 Feb 2014 18:36:20 600 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Those of you with a slim who had the old model - did you deactivate your old one before or after activating and moving your memory card over?
  • Flying_Pig 10 Feb 2014 20:22:17 10,276 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Woo Hoo!

    Just had an amazing Surge Deluxe session - 7.95m score, including a 2.5m clearance! (18th in the world on clearance!)
  • Murbal 10 Feb 2014 20:41:37 21,547 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dammit. That's my clearance score of the top of my friends list then ;-)

    What a great game.
  • muttler 10 Feb 2014 21:23:55 3,771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Help. The DOA5+ demo has bricked my Vita. I went to play it, it started its final install process but then froze on the opening screen. I held the power button down to power off, the power off screen came up with the two buttons power off or cancel, but froze on this screen and pressing either button didn't do anything. Tried holding down the power button in the top again but didn't do anything. Few hours later the screen had turned off, but the PS button is staying lit blue and it won't turn on or anything. Im pretty sure it was freshly charged up but I'll try plugging it in when I get home. Any ideas?
  • DFawkes 10 Feb 2014 21:28:55 22,058 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have you tried Safe Mode? I'm not sure if it'll work if it's still sort of on, but try holding the R button, PS button and Power button at once for 5 seconds. If that works, there should be an option to restart the system. That might work, but I've no idea.

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • muttler 10 Feb 2014 21:30:29 3,771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ok thanks, I will try that.
  • muttler 10 Feb 2014 21:34:26 3,771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Didn't work. Oh well, hope I kept the receipt.
  • uiruki 10 Feb 2014 21:41:51 3,530 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How long did you hold down the power button for? It takes like 30 seconds to turn off. The blue light should go out.
  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 21:44:05 55,849 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, when my was on the release firmware the only thing that could cure a hang was holding the power down for like 20 seconds.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • muttler 10 Feb 2014 21:58:55 3,771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Phew, that worked! Thanks.
  • DFawkes 10 Feb 2014 22:11:17 22,058 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    \o/ Good stuff. That makes me glad :)

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • Flying_Pig 10 Feb 2014 22:14:57 10,276 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Dammit. That's my clearance score of the top of my friends list then ;-)

    What a great game.
    :D
  • Roddy100 10 Feb 2014 22:19:44 704 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I keep hovering over the BUY button for Surge Deluxe but I'm not sure if I'd get sick of it quickly... or if I should wait for a sale. It just seems ever so slightly expensive (at least on the NZ store).

    I watched a few YouTube videos and I'm intrigued.

    Edited by Roddy100 at 23:03:03 10-02-2014
  • Vortex808 10 Feb 2014 22:29:47 6,560 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's marginally more than a pint here. I have had more enjoyment from it than that already.

    Even if I can't beat Murbal's score yet. ;-)
  • Page

    of 900 First / Last

Log in or register to reply