PlayStation Vita Page 737

  • Page

    of 898 First / Last

  • binky Moderator 7 Oct 2013 14:35:31 9,236 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    On the other hand, it still being outrageously expensive after having a third knocked off its price shows how insulting the prices were in the first place.
    This.

    If someone started kicking them out at half the RRP, then sure I'd say that's technically a "bargain".

    Bargain. A thing bought or offered for sale more cheaply than is usual or expected.
  • Carlo 7 Oct 2013 14:37:20 17,911 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The levels werent great, the dialogue wasnt very funny and the interface is still unbelievably annoying.
    The interface? Do you mean the controls? You know there was 2 different control systems for the vita version didn't you?

    PSN ID: Djini

  • nickthegun 7 Oct 2013 14:37:39 55,848 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is the thing that makes me suspicious of the PS4. This is Sony we are talking about. There needs to be at least one pointless but expensive piece of proprietary tech involved somewhere.

    There just has to be.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • nickthegun 7 Oct 2013 14:40:58 55,848 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    The levels werent great, the dialogue wasnt very funny and the interface is still unbelievably annoying.
    The interface? Do you mean the controls? You know there was 2 different control systems for the vita version didn't you?
    No, sorry, I mean the GUI or user experience, I suppose. Rolling around on the kings head is annoying because inertia keeps taking you past where you want to go, the kings head constantly obscures half the screen when in-game, a lot of the talking is unskippable, most of the cut scenes are unskippable (like the katamari eating one), forcing you to quit out of a level after failing it rather than giving you the option of immediately retrying...

    Its just a litany of little irritants that mount up to being a massive pain in the arse.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Carlo 7 Oct 2013 14:41:58 17,911 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    This is the thing that makes me suspicious of the PS4. This is Sony we are talking about. There needs to be at least one pointless but expensive piece of proprietary tech involved somewhere.

    There just has to be.
    If you want some "pointless but expensive piece of proprietary tech" might I direct you to the XBone thread? They're forcing their precious Kinect down their customers throats like they're making Foie gras.

    PSN ID: Djini

  • Carlo 7 Oct 2013 14:43:14 17,911 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    The levels werent great, the dialogue wasnt very funny and the interface is still unbelievably annoying.
    The interface? Do you mean the controls? You know there was 2 different control systems for the vita version didn't you?
    No, sorry, I mean the GUI or user experience, I suppose. Rolling around on the kings head is annoying because inertia keeps taking you past where you want to go, the kings head constantly obscures half the screen when in-game, a lot of the talking is unskippable, most of the cut scenes are unskippable (like the katamari eating one), forcing you to quit out of a level after failing it rather than giving you the option of immediately retrying...

    Its just a litany of little irritants that mount up to being a massive pain in the arse.
    Oh yeah, that IS annoying! definitely 'uninstall' territory!

    PSN ID: Djini

  • Help_me 7 Oct 2013 14:49:00 907 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just found a small chip in my screen - and not the potato kind - not happy!
  • uiruki 7 Oct 2013 15:38:58 3,527 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So Armature are porting Injustice to Vita - after the great job they did with MGS HD I'm looking forward to a far better port than Mortal Kombat was. High Voltage being on the PS4 version's a bit worrying though, after the complete hash they made of ZoE HD. I've seen conflicting reports on the MK port they did on PC with some people saying it was fine and others saying they'd ruined the net code.
  • elhozzo 7 Oct 2013 16:48:44 233 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yeah, the GUI for Katamari ... dunno, if its my lack of patience, but I tried to play it a couple of times, I seem to be stuck in the trial area where the king explains how to go forward... other choices seems to be scores, options ... are all the levels on the right (of the Kings head?) maybe I didn't save it after completing, the icons seem unrecognizable.. guess I might try reading the manual (not had to do that for a while) but ... urgh... its too easy to give up and move onto more spelunky or something ...
  • nickthegun 7 Oct 2013 16:52:04 55,848 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, levels on the right and poorly labeled options on the left.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • elhozzo 7 Oct 2013 17:03:35 233 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cheers!
  • santashi 7 Oct 2013 19:04:52 4,928 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    On the sixth route of Sweet Fuse and... It's disturbing. I thought this guy was quite nice in the other routes but he's gone into creepy nutter mode complete with terrifying expressions. O.o No idea how this is going to end well.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • aros 8 Oct 2013 09:59:23 2,036 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    binky wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    On the other hand, it still being outrageously expensive after having a third knocked off its price shows how insulting the prices were in the first place.
    This.

    If someone started kicking them out at half the RRP, then sure I'd say that's technically a "bargain".

    Bargain. A thing bought or offered for sale more cheaply than is usual or expected.
    The previous price was 60, then they went on sale for 40. That fits your definition you know :p
  • imamazed 8 Oct 2013 10:00:34 5,450 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They didn't go on sale did they? They lowered the RRP.
  • Cosmopolitan 8 Oct 2013 10:15:25 1,891 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't know where to put this, but how do you guys feel about recent news about Dragon Quest I-VIII games coming to iOS/Android devices instead of Vita/3DS?
    Siliconera article
    There's also a link to Square-Enix teaser site.
    The future of handheld gaming?

    Edited by Cosmopolitan at 10:15:56 08-10-2013

    The Master of Unlocking.

  • LockeTribal 8 Oct 2013 10:40:45 4,443 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dragon Quest 8 would surely be ripe for a Vita port/HD remake wouldn't it? It was a fairly nice looking game to begin with if my rose-tinted memory is in any way accurate.
  • RunningMan 8 Oct 2013 10:53:13 2,355 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hopefully Square-Enix will do some sort of playstation mobile compatibility, it would make sense.
  • el_pollo_diablo 8 Oct 2013 20:44:09 2,028 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Siliconera's mobile website is deeply unpleasant.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2013 20:53:05
    How good do you guys think the Vita version of LBP is compared to the two PS3 games?
  • Spectral 8 Oct 2013 20:56:43 4,946 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've not put much time into it but its generally regarded as the best version, especially the interface for the level editor and some of the new things it lets you do in created levels.
  • Flying_Pig 8 Oct 2013 21:14:07 10,270 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @rumblesushi - I've played a lot of the Vita version and reckon it's the best LBP game there is. A million miles better than the crappy PSP version.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2013 21:17:58
    LockeTribal wrote:
    Dragon Quest 8 would surely be ripe for a Vita port/HD remake wouldn't it? It was a fairly nice looking game to begin with if my rose-tinted memory is in any way accurate.
    Yeah, I'd love to see a HD remake of Dragon Quest 8. Great character.The cel shaded looks could make for an easy transfer. Maybe Square will be looking at how FFX HD sells before going with another hd remake on the vita.

    Aside from Persona 4 I think that the vita could always do with another few NEW rpgs though. Remakes are all well and good but a few new ones would be great.

    Aside from that there seem to be some great games coming out at the moment like Proteus as well as the eventual ports of Minecraft and Terraria. Who knows what could be in the pipeline for next year as well!

    Edited by WeakOrbit at 21:20:04 08-10-2013
  • lexxx 8 Oct 2013 21:21:16 160 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @rumblesushi if you like the PS3 versions, can't see why you wouldn't like the Vita. It stands alongside them comfortably, and is very polished. The only thing I didn't exactly love was the back touchscreen element in some levels, it seemed a bit fiddly to me, but that was only occasional, not a dealbreaker.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2013 21:35:11
    Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

    I actually have both PS3 games and I'm getting a Vita this week, so I was just wondering which would be the best version to delve into first. I guess I'll give the Vita version a go.
  • santashi 9 Oct 2013 07:46:02 4,928 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Siliconera's mobile website is deeply unpleasant.
    Yeah, it seems to jump between formats whenever you move pages, and I've never seen Disqus glitch so much elsewhere. Happily Gematsu always works fine for me.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Murbal 9 Oct 2013 09:08:21 21,542 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably going to import Ys next month. Didn't finish 7 and the new one looks largely similar (albeit nicer graphically) but hey. New Vita RPG. Already got the US version of Demon Gaze on pre-order with VG+ for February.
  • Murbal 9 Oct 2013 09:09:18 21,542 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, give me Pac Man CE DX+ on Vita please.
  • aros 9 Oct 2013 09:23:47 2,036 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's a few new pre-orders gone up on VG+ I'm considering adding - which are unlikely to make it here would you guys say?
  • Short-Round 9 Oct 2013 10:21:01 1,108 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is SFxT supposed to be so over-saturated, or is it the Vita's amoled screen? Ryu and Ken look like those orange 'guidos'.
  • santashi 9 Oct 2013 10:22:39 4,928 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Valhalla Knights, Demon Gaze and Dangan Ronpa have been confirmed for EU release. Aksys and Xseed are likely to release Ys and Holy Sorcery Story over here, I'd have thought. Unless you want the limited editions (Ys limited edition is rather nice) I wouldn't bother going for imports at the moment.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Page

    of 898 First / Last

Log in or register to reply