OMG! Total Recall Remake!!!! Page 4

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 26 Feb 2009 11:40:17 44,278 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    James Earl Jones: worst final boss in history.

Conan kills loads of minions

JEJ sits there

JEJ slowly leans forward

JEJ starts to turn into a snake

JEJ slides out of his robe

Conan kills JEJ

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• thefilthandthefury 26 Feb 2009 11:42:50 25,025 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You do keep expecting JEJ to be absolutely amazing and have a huge, tense fight with Conan at that point.

Best line in Conan:

"At first, we thought it was just another snake cult..."

Oh yeah, just another one of those, y'know.
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 11:57:50
    So, joined this party a bit late, is there anyone IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that's ever seen Total Recall and who isn't an executive at the company planning to remake it that doesn't think this is a fucking appalling idea?
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 12:00:42
    Reading through the thread now.

OMG.

So, hang on... it's NOT real??! I'd always assumed the Rekall experience truly awakened dormant memories etc and that basically the whole convoluted mess that he gets himself into was in fact real.

And now I'm supposed to believe I've missed several BLATANT clues that it isn't?

:(
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 12:01:49
    Oh, and by the way:

[code]Neal H. Moritz and his Original Films are in final negotiations to develop and produce for Columbia Pictures a contemporary version of Total Recall[/code]

Might want to rethink the name of his company. What a fucking loser.
  • thefilthandthefury 26 Feb 2009 12:02:58 25,025 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:

OMG.

So, hang on... it's NOT real??! I'd always assumed the Rekall experience truly awakened dormant memories etc and that basically the whole convoluted mess that he gets himself into was in fact real.

And now I'm supposed to believe I've missed several BLATANT clues that it isn't?

I feel your pain ;_;
  • HarryPalmer 26 Feb 2009 12:04:17 3,322 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also remaking Never-ending Story. May as well just send Arnie back in time to rape my childhood properly.
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 12:05:34
    nickthegun wrote:
    The fade to white at the end is him dying, like the doctor said he would, so he hasnt got to worry about going into work the next day ;)

It's not him dying - it's him being lobotomised.

Also, if they did a proper adap of the original story instead of a TR remake it could actually be good.

Also also if it doesn't have Michael Ironside it will suck.
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 12:06:37
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:

OMG.

I feel your pain ;_;
    Personally I don't believe it. Don't we meet several characters before the Rekall experience that act in such a way or mention certain things that would only happen if Arnie going to Rekall was in fact a BAD IDEA because he'd already been mindwiped?
  • Genji 26 Feb 2009 12:06:42 19,689 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:

OMG.

I feel your pain ;_;
    Hey, think what you want to think. I reckon it's pretty open-ended. There are as many suggestions that it's real as there are suggestions that it isn't.
  • marilena 26 Feb 2009 12:08:35 8,203 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    So, joined this party a bit late, is there anyone IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that's ever seen Total Recall and who isn't an executive at the company planning to remake it that doesn't think this is a fucking appalling idea?

Well, most people seem to think that a game based on Dante's Inferno, featuring Dante as a Kratos stand-in is a great idea.

So, I'm not sure.

Since the original took a written story and gave it the Hollywood treatment, I don't think it's too bad that someone else is taking it and giving it a 'today's Hollywood' treatment.

But another remake? Hollywood is creatively 100% bankrupt. Sequels, re-makes, book adaptations, comic book adaptations, videogame adaptations, re-imaginings of old films/TV series, what the Hell? Some actual new content wouldn't hurt.
  • rudedudejude 26 Feb 2009 12:10:03 2,178 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So the guy with the red pill is actually a guy stood next to him at recall?

What's the bead of sweat all about then?! eh? EH?!

Coming Soon... Commando Remake!
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 12:10:15
    Hollywood has pretty much always been creatively bankrupt. Even the major classics are book adapts anyway.
  • marilena 26 Feb 2009 12:11:11 8,203 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    True, I guess the problem is more that I reached the stage where I know the source material.
  • thefilthandthefury 26 Feb 2009 12:14:08 25,025 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Adam_T wrote:

That's what I thought! The fact that Arnie clocks the bead of sweat was a give away that the guy was lying, wasn't it? Hence him shooting him dead.
  • Tonka 26 Feb 2009 12:15:38 20,449 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You guys got it all wrong. It is real. The whiteout at the end is mars exploding. Just like the bad guys said it would.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 26 February 2009 12:17:19
    Adam_T wrote:

That's what I thought! The fact that Arnie clocks the bead of sweat was a give away that the guy was lying, wasn't it? Hence him shooting him dead.

If it's Arnie's mind making the delusion as a paranoid fantasy, the bead of sweat could very easily be part of that.

Also bear in mind that the Dr gives an exact rundown of all the events following that moment.
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 12:17:35
    If they want to remake the source material, that's one thing. But if they're going, "that Total Recall... that was cool. We could do that again, more effects, make some kind of geo-political statement about the Iraq war, slavery, climate change, bring it bang up to date, yeah, new effects, get thingy that says "no no no no non nononononononononoNO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! NOOOONOOONOOOO! nonononononononononononoooooo!NONONO!" in all his films to play a cheeky sidekick, clean up at the box office." then I think that's pretty fucking cheap and creatively embarrassing.
  • BanjoMan 26 Feb 2009 12:17:56 13,730 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Leolian'sBro wrote:
    James Earl Jones: worst final boss in history.

JEJ sits there

JEJ slowly leans forward

JEJ starts to turn into a snake

JEJ slides out of his robe

Conan kills JEJ
    He was listening to the lamentation of his women.

PSN: BanjoFett
    XBL: Banjo Fett

• munki83 26 Feb 2009 12:18:09 1,433 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Adam_T wrote:

If they remake Commando I may kill myself thats one of my fave 80s action flicks
  • polar 26 Feb 2009 12:49:43 1,098 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is an absolute joke. Total Recall is a modern classic imo and I fail to see what a remake could possibly achieve. I'm a huge Phil k Dick fan too - I've read most of his stuff and I have to say that the short story the film was based on was a bit lame. IIRC the film script expanded the basic premise of the short, which was very limited in scope into the Marsian spy, planetary control yarn that gripped us all so much in 1990. So that article is wrong in what it says, as it attibutes events exclusive to the film to the original short story.

They did such a fantastic job with with expanding it into a film, from script to direction to acting to design to music to effects. Any remake is destined for an epic fail and anyone who considers this a good idea for even a second should be publicly mocked and pelted with balls of their own shit.

As for my reading of the film. I used to think it was all real, but have changed my opinion in recent years. I think it's all just part of Arnie's schizoid emballism and his mind has run amok.
  • Articulate-Troll 26 Feb 2009 13:01:17 3,101 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think we're all just actors in Arnie's fantasy of him becoming the world's strongest man, major film star, governor of California and eventually galactic emperor.
  • woodnotes 26 Feb 2009 13:05:56 4,925 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Total Recall is one of my favourite films. How dare they! :(

TR's director Paul Verhoeven is the master of satirical action movies though. He needs to make a comeback.
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Feb 2009 13:09:32 17,082 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Remind me, when he's in Recall before having the possible schizoid thing, is the athletic brunette actually a picture of who he ends up with (her name escapes me)? For some reason that sticks out as a possiblity.

You are a factory of sadness.

• thefilthandthefury 26 Feb 2009 13:12:00 25,025 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it is her, yeah.

"... sleazy... demure..."
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 13:12:04
    Perhaps its just quite badly done and the clues don't actually add up.
  • Hiphopapotamus 26 Feb 2009 13:13:26 14 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Remind me, when he's in Recall before having the possible schizoid thing, is the athletic brunette actually a picture of who he ends up with (her name escapes me)? For some reason that sticks out as a possiblity.

Melina
  • Spanky 26 Feb 2009 13:14:20 14,505 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah it is, she flashes up on the screen. The whole scenario that he buys is exactly what happens from that point on.

Plubs

• Page

of 15 First / Last