Motorsport Page 644

• Page

of 832 First / Last

• Nth 25 Mar 2013 13:14:36 3,119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    McLaren won't take Vettel as he's German, I think in 50 years they've had one German driver which is pretty odd, although Ron tried several times to get Schumacher (Michael not Half).
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 13:16:34 43,284 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why have I always thought Vettel was Swiss...

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• shamblemonkee 25 Mar 2013 13:22:15 14,283 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why are we even discussing Vettel leaivng, that's the most unlikely result that there could be. He has the full backing of the team and is pretty much the #1 driver at RB, even if it's unwritten.

Much more likely is Mark looking for pastures new after this season, be that in or out of F1.
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Mar 2013 14:39:13 3,270 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Am i the only one confused about Hamilton pulling into the wrong pit lane?

Why the McClaren pit crew didnt just pull his wheels off then casually walk back into the paddock, i dont know?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• altitude2k 25 Mar 2013 14:44:39 3,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Why the McClaren pit crew didnt just pull his wheels off then casually walk back into the paddock, i dont know?
    Because the fact they were in the pit box at all was because they were expecting one of their drivers.
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Mar 2013 14:46:18 3,270 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh........i see humour doesnt work in this thread.

/ Leaves

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Bremenacht 25 Mar 2013 15:00:23 17,614 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    There was a period of time when Lewis and Nico were both racing without the team telling them otherwise, exchanging places through DRS. That was visibly uncomfortable for those on the pit wall, as you would expect. The decision for them to hold station was then made, to ensure a great result. Nico clearly then had the fuel that Lewis didn't, so was genuinely able to take the place, but at that point the decision to hold had been made. Should Brawn have then gone back on that decision? Not if it meant the drivers losing a bit of respect in the management.
    Yeah, I thought they'd misjudged that. I'm pretty sure there was enough respect there for Lewis to have accepted that Nico was faster and had more fuel. I didn't see any funny business when they were swapping places.

My only thoughts are that Brawn thought Lewis would get upset and use up all his fuel chasing Nico, or (most likely) that there was some sort of pre-race arrangement (much like RB) that Nico was asking to break, and which Brawn refused.

If it is the latter, they've avoided all the fuss which RB are now suffering from. The worst that will happen to Vettel is a token fine from the team, if even that. The poison will still be there come China.
  • altitude2k 25 Mar 2013 15:08:10 3,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some commentators are suggesting RB should impose a race ban on Vettel to make their point.

Would be ideal if not for the cost to the WCC.
  • X201 25 Mar 2013 15:09:01 15,157 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thing is, its not just about the drivers, its about the team getting the cars home with maximum points for the constructors championship to make the sponsors happy.

Drivers acting like spoilt children that take each other out of the race is the last thing the team needs for the bigger picture - and next years funds.
  • Bremenacht 25 Mar 2013 15:14:02 17,614 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What really guts me, is that I forgot to update my EG league predictions so now I'm back in my usual poxy place on page two.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 15:15:09 43,284 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

I wonder if the pit crews should be coached on this - FL take off the wheel and don't replace it, RL wave wildly at the front jack, FR take the wheel off and replace it, RR take the wheel off and then faff around trying to put the wheel back on.

I wonder what would have happened if the front jack had engaged, or tried to, or simply not got out of the way...?

• Bremenacht 25 Mar 2013 15:17:55 17,614 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Should have put a full set of wets on and sent him out.
  • altitude2k 25 Mar 2013 15:23:36 3,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

I wonder if the pit crews should be coached on this - FL take off the wheel and don't replace it, RL wave wildly at the front jack, FR take the wheel off and replace it, RR take the wheel off and then faff around trying to put the wheel back on.
    So a standard McLaren pitstop, then.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 15:28:19 43,284 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

• LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 15:28:39 43,284 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Although that joke is soooo 2012. Force India dahling.

• altitude2k 25 Mar 2013 15:29:49 3,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    You saw them rolling JB back to his box to finish off the job yesterday, right?!

Edited by altitude2k at 15:30:11 25-03-2013
  • Puppaz 25 Mar 2013 15:30:34 319 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sometimes I think F1 is more a soap opera than eastenders. I'm just waiting for Vettel and Webber to admit their true feelings for each other.
  • shamblemonkee 25 Mar 2013 15:31:08 14,283 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @altitude2k i wouldn't listen to anyone who suggests such an unlikely thing, c'mon are Red Bull really going to hamper hteir points tally by self imposing a race ban?

No.

It'll be finger wagging, stern talking to, agreements to behave in future and that's about all they can do - possibly a fine?!

but in reality, as they said on sunday - once the drivers are out on track they have effectively lost control - especially when it's drivers as hungry as Vettel and Webber.
  • altitude2k 25 Mar 2013 15:34:47 3,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    @altitude2k i wouldn't listen to anyone who suggests such an unlikely thing, c'mon are Red Bull really going to hamper hteir points tally by self imposing a race ban?

No.

It'll be finger wagging, stern talking to, agreements to behave in future and that's about all they can do - possibly a fine?!

but in reality, as they said on sunday - once the drivers are out on track they have effectively lost control - especially when it's drivers as hungry as Vettel and Webber.
    Mercedes managed it.
  • shamblemonkee 25 Mar 2013 15:53:46 14,283 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    True, but only because Nico actually obeyed after repeatedly being told no. Even then you could hear how badly he wanted it and how much it hurt to not be allowed to pass Lewis. It was still really out of the teams hands.

It's a shame in some ways that we heard the Mercedes transmissions and not the Red Bull ones.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 16:03:32 43,284 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    You saw them rolling JB back to his box to finish off the job yesterday, right?!
    But of course. Between that, Force India forgetting how to change a tyre and Redbull authorising RAMMING SPEED for Webber it was a proper Carry On Up The Pitlane!

(starring Sid James as Bernie Eccles Cakes, Kenneth Williams as Bastian Fine-Fettle and Barbara Windsor as 'Knickers' Rosburg)

• LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 16:03:38 43,284 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

• Flying_Pig 25 Mar 2013 17:20:20 10,730 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Edit: Fixed

Edited by Flying_Pig at 17:26:03 25-03-2013
  • DanB24 25 Mar 2013 17:32:52 1,798 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Realistically if Vettel was driving for McLaren, Williams or Ferrari he'd have been shown the door by now. It remains to be seen if Red Bull have the guts to do anything about him and his attitude.

No driver's bigger than the team full stop.
  • NotSoSlim 25 Mar 2013 17:36:07 3,116 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DanB24 wrote:
    Realistically if Vettel was driving for McLaren, Williams or Ferrari he'd have been shown the door by now. It remains to be seen if Red Bull have the guts to do anything about him and his attitude.

No driver's bigger than the team full stop.
    Err no he wouldn't. He's put Red Bull on the map with help. He has same attitude as Schumi. Red Bull may not have to do anything as he will leave imo.

Webber definitely will

Edited by NotSoSlim at 17:36:34 25-03-2013
  • Psychotext 25 Mar 2013 17:51:46 53,855 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DanB24 wrote:
    lolwut?

For a start he'd fit in perfectly at Ferrari where it's all about the number 1 driver and nothing else. If anything it's Webber that would have been given the boot from those teams because he hasn't been willing to play the team game. How many times have you heard him say he wont help Vettel win the championship even when he's mathematically out of the title race? I could link you to about a hundred different examples, he takes great pride in it for whatever reason.

Have people really forgotten how he raced Vettel in Brazil? Nearly put him off the track at a couple of points and paid more attention to him than to the Ferrari's he was supposed to be covering off.

Edited by Psychotext at 17:52:48 25-03-2013
  • Kostabi 25 Mar 2013 19:04:16 4,878 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The funny thing is that Red Bull are actually the most ruthless paymasters on the grid. Seriously, how many Toro Rosso drivers have been shit canned mid-season? Helmut Marko would throw his mother under a train for results.
  • superdelphinus 25 Mar 2013 19:06:27 8,035 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The palaver over all this is rapidly becoming pretty funny. I thought maybe after a day some of the commentators might calm down a bit and allow a bit of perspective in but I guess not. Race ban heh
  • PatrickEwing 25 Mar 2013 19:10:30 2,127 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @superdelphinus
    Aye but Watson has got form for talking out of his behind.
  • FWB 25 Mar 2013 19:27:46 43,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Vettel will get a talking to and that will be that. And if he wins the championship by seven or less points then he and all other RB supporters will feel completely justified. If he doesn't, then nobody will remember what happened.

And should Webber miss out on it because of those points, then hell has actually frozen over.
  • Page

of 832 First / Last