Registered 11 years ago
    Hawken beta
    The Banner Saga: Factions beta
    Torchlight 2
    Borderlands 2
    Dishonored (still!)
    Dark Souls
    Diablo 3 occasionally

But mainly over the last week I've been playing through Alan Wake for the third time. The PC version is utterly gorgeous, especially with silly amounts of AA/AF etc forced on and a wide FOV (and the new direct aiming option is really nice). It's still one of my favourite games of the last few years, and some of my favourite environments in a game ever.

Anyone think American Nightmare is worth persevering with? I found the story and environments horribly dull compared to the original and lost interest after a couple of hours (much like I did with The Signal and The Writer), but the challenge mode is superb.
  • JoeBlade 16 Nov 2012 23:48:06 2,413 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Started Dishono(u)red (PC) a week and some ago and I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm only just on mission 4 and already more than 12 hours in so the "only 4 hours of gameplay" thing is definitely bollocks as far as I can tell. Plus I'm dead cert I'll replay it for a high chaos ending and possibly a even a full ghost one too :)
  • whatthefu 17 Nov 2012 00:07:33 823 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Splinter Cell Convinction, sort of, not that interested in playing more tbh.
    Just started WRC3, am liking it, and am playing in cockpit view for a change.
  • ramm192 17 Nov 2012 00:17:21 14 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    halo4 / black ops 2 / AC III
  • whatthefu 17 Nov 2012 01:46:52 823 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    scratch that, unintalled splinter cell. don't like it.
  • Ironlungs76 17 Nov 2012 07:51:09 4,930 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    scratch that, unintalled splinter cell. don't like it.
    I completed it begrudgingly but it was a real chore. The final section around the Whitehouse was bullshit and there were only 1 or 2 decent sections in the whole game that I can recall.

Currently playing: Civ 4 BtS with Ethiopia on Immortal fractal map. Not going too well, bloody Justinian giving me grief :(
  • Trafford 17 Nov 2012 07:59:48 5,270 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Really enjoying a play through Mass Effect.
    Only completed it once back in the day and I realised come ME3 that I had no recollection of it.
    So I'm going for the trilogy run between now and Xmas.
  • Ironlungs76 17 Nov 2012 08:02:35 4,930 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ME1 was my favourite by far, if only because it still had a vague sense of RPG clinging to it. It's probably not the best of the 3, but I prefer it nonetheless, and played it innumerable times through compared to the following sequels.
  • Trafford 17 Nov 2012 08:12:57 5,270 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I remember your comments on multiple playthroughs. I knew it was good but I couldn't get past the clunkiness and limped over the line.

ME2 was a big time sink for me, but I've always felt a little stupid having no recall of the first.

It feels great, loving the soundtrack and ambience. Noveria and Feros were great sections.

Edited by Trafford at 08:22:08 17-11-2012
  • Ironlungs76 17 Nov 2012 08:48:36 4,930 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aye, the re-appearance of Saren at Virmire is up there with some of the most emotive bad-assed boss encounters for my money. Very epic!
  • dominalien 17 Nov 2012 08:52:25 6,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ME1 was proper space opera on a grand scale, with an amazing end section.

ME2 was on a much smaller scale, dealing with much smaller matters.

ME3... I don't know what that was. Possibly got spoiled for me by the entire ending controversy.

I enjoyed all of them, but ME1 remains my favourite.

I'm seriously toying with the idea of getting the trilogy on the PS3, especially as EA went and broke Origin so I no longer have access to the 3rd one. :-(

PSN: DonOsito

• Armoured_Bear 17 Nov 2012 23:00:01 8,748 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Witcher 2 on PC is utterly glorious, was a bit slow at the beginning and I'm not long in Jetsam but It's bloody brilliant, stunning to look at with good storytelling so far and very entertaining voiceovers and dialogue .

Limbo on PC, i picked this up for nothing despite having adored the visuals on 360 but having not got on with the demo. I played a bit tonight and loved it, I'll be sticking with it now.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• king26 18 Nov 2012 21:27:11 546 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    All PS3
    Skyrim
    Saints Row the third.
    Black Ops 2 campaign
    Uncharted Drakes Fortune

Until my internet returns then it's
    Black Ops 2 online
    Battlefield 3 online
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 25 Nov 2012 21:44:47 2,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    360:
    Saints Row The Third - flippin mental but brilliant fun.

Blops 2. Shit, bored already. Time to ebay it.

Forza Horizon. Magic has worn off and I think I'm only around halfway thru. May have to give up as I've far too much other stuff I'm playing and loving.

PC:
    Lego Lord of the Rings. Just brilliant. Utterly engaging, funny and massive fun with my boys playing as well. Can't recommend it enough for those with kids.

Assassins Creed 3. Attempting to see how far I can push my budget Q6600 & GeForce GTX460 and 3gb RAM. Got it on normal settings and it runs beautifully so far and looks amazing. Easily on par with the 360 version, I'd say. Very happy I can play these sort of games on good settings for not a lot of cash at all.
    Going to overclock the Q6600 and take the RAM up to 6gb (no point in putting the max 8GB I can have, as the card and CPU will be a bottleneck for that much). See what I can get out of it.

Did have a pop on Planetside 2, but I'm still getting used to mouse & keyboard after being a purely console gamer till now. It crashes every time on the patcher with my Xbox controller turned on. Might have to give up on that till I can sort my woeful performance with a mouse out. Or they fix the crash. Not sure whether I'll get away with a pad on PS2, though. Can't on BF3, that's for sure.

Battlefield 3. Not playing this as much as I'd like due to the aforementioned lack of skill with a mouse. It's a shame there's no pad only servers or something, as I'm not a massive competitive player, just enjoy the game and don't care if I win or lose.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Paulie_P 25 Nov 2012 23:41:29 395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Playing through Banjo-Tooie on the 360. Missed out on it the first time around and still a lot of fun but not as good as the original.
  • Mikeeeboy1 26 Nov 2012 00:26:02 167 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Xcom
    Halo 4
    Need for speed hot pursuit
    Need for speed most wanted 2012
    Assassins creed 3
    Forza horizon
    Dead space 2
    Batman arkum city
    PES 2013
    Blops 2
    Rage
    Hitman
    Sonic racing transformed.
    Got a lot on the go at the moment.
    Oh and I have a wii u on order with mario and Nintendoland!!
    Will I ever get to finish them all?
    Doubtful lol
  • DuvaDan88 26 Nov 2012 02:09:04 520 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lets see I've got on the 360 halo 4, forza horizon, assassins creed 3, need for speed most wanted, COD BLOP 2, hitman, Alan wake, fable 3, mass effect 3. I've got a wii u coming with Nintendo land and NSMB 2 I've completed a few of the games but still playing them for the joy of them.

Will never complete COD BLOP 2 tho out of all of them

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• Baleoce 26 Nov 2012 02:45:34 1,169 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Walking Dead, just started ep 4.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Stranded87 26 Nov 2012 09:27:37 768 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Got as part of PS Plus and not very far in yet, it's fun so far, an impressively faithful translation of the console experience. But all the gimmicky stuff that they've jammed in just to make use of the extra controls on Vita is utter shit. Anyone can see that, it regularly amazes me how utterly terrible at game design/mechanics so many developers seem to be.

Anyway, that aside it's quite fun, though definitely not up to the standards of 2 or 3 so far.
  • RyanDS 26 Nov 2012 09:34:48 8,700 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PS3: Ratchett & Clank Trilogy - Fantastic, but I am getting tired of it by mid way through the third game.
    Crysis 2 - Finding it a bit bland, but it was free with PSPlus so will give it a proper go.

PS Vita: Super Monkey Ball - Cheap and fun
    Golden Abyss - Completed it three times, but farming to get platinum.

360 - Gathering dust mostly. I did rebuy Halo 3 last week (5th fucking !) as I am determined to complete it and see what the fuss is about, but again I got bored after an hour.

PC: - The Witcher - good fun
    Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. - Fantastic atmosphere and good retro fun. Some really shitty parts though and is unstable. Still though, as a huge Lovecraft fan it is awesome to play.
  • Monsieur_Blade 26 Nov 2012 10:19:40 326 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Halo 4 - started this at the weekend and boy is it a pretty game! reminds me of a much better looking halo ce so far. I've just got to level 3 and enjoying it so far but I'm yet to be blown away. The cutscenes feel very epic though!

Wrc 3 - uhmed and ahhed about this for a while but really glad i bought it now. Getting stuck into a full rally season has actually got me far more engrossed than forza has ever managed.

Gears of war 3 - enjoying playing through the campaign so far but I've put it on hold the last few days cos I've been too engrossed in halo 4. played a few team death matches and it really is addictive.... And i haven't even tried horde or beast mode yet!
  • TechnoHippy 26 Nov 2012 10:27:19 14,637 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I started HAWX last night. It's an ok bit of flying and shooting action so far, lookig forward to getting some better planes.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 12:04:19 20,754 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Caesar III
    Little Big Adventure 2

Netbook gaming ftw

oh and Halo 4.
  • MrWonderstuff 26 Nov 2012 13:14:48 1,855 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Max Payne 3: Lovely and well made action romp

Walking Dead: Up to episode 4 and it's a great development of the old point and click adventures of old. Some really difficult decisions made and fuckups as well (aiming with a joypad is crap so have to reach for the mouse).

Edited by MrWonderstuff at 13:15:04 26-11-2012
  • andytheadequate 26 Nov 2012 13:26:46 7,956 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Been playing a lot of Sleeping Dogs recently and its quite possibly the best sandbox game I've played. The only thing that lets it down slightly is the driving , but even then it's not bad, just could be better.

I hope GTA V can match or improve on the gameplay mechanics otherwise it may feel a bit disappointing
  • Kami 26 Nov 2012 16:27:56 2,370 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Today, I actually picked up a copy of Dino Crisis 3. You know, the X-Box one. Yes, that one. The one that was torn to shreds.

I figured for 2, I could have a bit of a laugh with it. I mean seriously, how bad can it be... (ask me this again at the end of the week I guess).

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Raiko101 26 Nov 2012 16:34:10 5,536 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I started playing Kid Icarus: Uprising last night. I bought the game the day it came out, but i've been ploughing through a ton of unfinished games this year, meaning it's just been sitting on the shelf this whole time. Could have saved myself a little money I suppose, but oh well...

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• stryker1121 26 Nov 2012 17:02:57 600 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dishonored - good fun, interesting world. Trying to stealth it and quite enjoy the number of paths available to complete missions.

Torchlight II - Bashing through as an Engineer. Very fun pick-up-play ARPG that's better than the predecessor. Opening up the world has done wonders for the series.

Walking Dead- Just finished the first episode over the weekend. I'm not used to this type of point-and-click gameplay but the story keeps well with the brutal tone of the comics. Currently avoiding spoilers like mad and will start episode 2 this week.
  • Paulie_P 26 Nov 2012 17:09:07 395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Raiko101 What did you think of it? - I had to give up about halfway through, just hated the controls.
  • Raiko101 26 Nov 2012 20:30:43 5,536 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Paulie_P The controls aren't great. Having to support the console itself, whilst using bothe the slider and stylus requires the coordination of juggling. It's not so bad during flight, but it's a pain during the ground assaults. It doesn't help that i'm playing this on an XL either. You have to turn up the sensitivity of everything to compensate for the larger screen and you absolutey need a cushion or stand to support the console as you play. It's too much effort. This should have been a Wii title. It would suit the Wii remote and nun chuck perfectly.

However, it's a great game. The heavy dialogue is actually really entertaining and quite funny at times. The flying stages are stunning and the boss battles are fun. The amount of items and extras are mindblowing.

As a result, i'm sticking with it. I personally couldn't recommend it to anyone, but it has a charm which i've fallen for. The controls will do long term damage to my wrists though, no doubt.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Page

of 237 First / Last