Show us your tattoos Page 5

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• Lukus 16 May 2012 15:06:20 19,248 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I found this while searching for 'bumhole tattoo'.

Paintings & Photographs

• warlockuk 16 May 2012 15:11:15 19,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Lol :D

Seriously though, band/music tattoos are the worst idea ever and haphazardly covering your limbs with them is just silly.
    Mine is sort of a band tattoo - I saw a symbol on a stage background that I liked. I'd been living in Derbyshire a good while and it reminded me of that. They brought it out on a tshirt a year or two later which was a bit irksome but I still like it. It's basically a stag head symbol.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• dogbot 17 May 2012 10:07:15 2,276 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    Music is of life changing importance to some peopl, it's who they are. I think it looks good.

But I do hope you already have a missus!

You getting anything to fill the gaps?
    Cheers. No missus at the moment, recently single (although I don't believe it was because of the tattoos...) I may become a monk, tbh. :D

I'm going to have some crumbling bricks and bits of torn paper as the fill in. Really need to get in and get it booked. Itching for more ink!
  • morriss 13 Jul 2012 08:49:49 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone got any tattoo ideas. Simple, relatively small (on the top part of the arm), black, no tribal or metal.

I'm stuck.
  • warlockuk 13 Jul 2012 08:54:58 19,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cock + Balls.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• warlockuk 13 Jul 2012 08:55:25 19,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    With "Mum" written on it.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 13 Jul 2012 08:59:41 38,664 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh, warlock is on the same mental level as me.

Errr, the outline of a rasher of bacon?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• kalel 13 Jul 2012 09:03:16 88,385 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Anyone got any tattoo ideas. Simple, relatively small (on the top part of the arm), black, no tribal or metal.

I'm stuck.
    The thing to do, and I really can't emphasise enough that this is what you should do, is go to a good place, look through the different sample books, find the artist you like the style of, and have a consultation with them.

Talk to them about what's important to you, and they'll help you come up with something unique that's meaningful that you really love, and then that's a tattoo worth having, and in twenty years when someone asks you what it is, you won't have to cringe when you say someone you've never met suggested it on an internet forum.
  • mrpon 13 Jul 2012 09:04:11 29,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Picture of your Mum, with cock and balls.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• kalel 13 Jul 2012 09:05:03 88,385 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Cock + Balls.
    Like this?
  • morriss 13 Jul 2012 09:08:55 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    morriss wrote:

I'm stuck.
    The thing to do, and I really can't emphasise enough that this is what you should do, is go to a good place, look through the different sample books, find the artist you like the style of, and have a consultation with them.

Talk to them about what's important to you, and they'll help you come up with something unique that's meaningful that you really love, and then that's a tattoo worth having, and in twenty years when someone asks you what it is, you won't have to cringe when you say someone you've never met suggested it on an internet forum.
    :)

I'm hearing you.

Although I'm more looking for a pattern I like the look of, as there's more chance an image will appeal to me in a few year's time than, as you say, something that I find important in the 'now.' To clarify, music, film, books etc. change in meaning and importance over time due to the various stages of your life. The only thing that would remain are my kids, but I'm not having their names on my arm, as that's crass.

But yeah, I should go talk to someone who actually does it for a living.
  • morriss 13 Jul 2012 09:11:47 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To furhter clarify, the tattoo I have now is just a design with no meaning attached at all. I got it done nearly 10 years ago now, and when I look at it, I don't mind it at all, quite like it. However, if it represented something important to me 10 years ago, I'd probably seriously regret it.

I'm just looking for a neutral, non-political, interesting, simple design.
  • kalel 13 Jul 2012 09:12:10 88,385 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Even if you just want a tiny squiggle you should go through that process. From the bottom of my heart I can't encourage you to do that enough. Trust me. It's the difference between something you'll cherish or regret for the rest of your life. It's a big deal.

I'm currently designing my fourth tattoo, which is going to be based on my son, but not so much his name as something that represents him. It's becoming an epic process as he's now one and I still haven't finalised it.
  • kalel 13 Jul 2012 09:14:24 88,385 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Didn't realise you had one already. Well, I'm sure you know what you're doing. I'd still have the consultation though even if you end up getting something with no meaning. It's just a better process and reduces the risk of you seeing some nob-head with the same tatt as you.
  • morriss 13 Jul 2012 09:16:14 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I totally agree, mate.
  • urban 13 Jul 2012 09:16:59 10,977 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • morriss 13 Jul 2012 09:19:42 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I also wish I was creative and, like you, could design something that represented them. I thought of having their initials in runes, as the spelling of their names is also old nordic, kind of keeping that theme. Aleksander / Kristian. http://viking.no/images/runer.gif

Just the first letters, like. Think that might be something that won't get old.
  • kalel 13 Jul 2012 09:22:14 88,385 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not designing it on my own. I'm working with a designer from my work, but you can do the same process with the tattoo artist which is what I did for my others.

And that's basically when I'm doing. We chose my son's name because it's both a Hebrew name (my roots) and a Celtic one (my wife) so the tattoo is going to have elements of both cultures and both letter forms.

Edited by kalel at 09:22:49 13-07-2012
  • morriss 13 Jul 2012 09:24:58 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good idea. Their names were also both English and Nordic names to represent the different cultures. Hence the "k" spellings.
  • kalel 13 Jul 2012 09:27:31 88,385 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could even just be a K to represent both of them with hints of both cultures in the style or something.
  • smoothpete 13 Jul 2012 09:38:00 31,574 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just get Dirtbox to draw you a robot. Worked for me.

I'm kinda of a different opinion to kalel. I've got 5 tats now, none of which I really thought all that carefully about, and none of which I regret in any way. I'm more... whats the word.. whimsical about the process. Or nonchalant? Impulsive maybe.

I'd quite like a new one actually. Mmm. Might go with the cock/balls/mum idea
  • Tonka 13 Jul 2012 09:38:30 20,782 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend of a friend who is a tattoo artist. He absolutely hates the idea that a tattoo has to represent something /have some deeper meaning.

He dreams of a time when people just walks in his store and says "Here's my shoulder. Do your best"

So more like what morriss is talking about. Do something pretty and then interpret it any way you want down the line. Like buying a painting.

Reason I never got a tattooo is that I'm always looking for some clever design that would incorporate things that mean something to me etc so I guess I'm leaning towards the kalel/Miami Ink end of the spectrum.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• smoothpete 13 Jul 2012 09:43:26 31,574 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ok I'm going to get morriss's face tattooed on my face
  • L_Franko Moderator 13 Jul 2012 09:47:16 9,694 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Friend of mine has recently become a tattooist and is currently doing all his work for free while he gets experience. It will always sound dodgy when you tell people your mate has done your tattoo but he is looking to make a living from it and you have to start from somewhere. He was tutored by a professional and the work I've seen of his so far is brilliant, good enough for people to offer to pay him even though he said not to worry.
    I've always fancied getting something done myself and now is the perfect opportunity, I just need to make my mind up as to what I want.
  • localnotail 13 Jul 2012 09:52:02 23,093 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    #Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy... but here's my shoulder - make it amazing.

kalel wrote:
    Could even just be a K to represent both of them with hints of both cultures in the style or something.
    Maybe 3 Ks, entwined? Classy.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• kalel 13 Jul 2012 09:53:18 88,385 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend of a friend who is a tattoo artist. He absolutely hates the idea that a tattoo has to represent something /have some deeper meaning.

He dreams of a time when people just walks in his store and says "Here's my shoulder. Do your best"

So more like what morriss is talking about. Do something pretty and then interpret it any way you want down the line. Like buying a painting.

Reason I never got a tattooo is that I'm always looking for some clever design that would incorporate things that mean something to me etc so I guess I'm leaning towards the kalel/Miami Ink end of the spectrum.
    To be honest I quite like the idea of just letting a tattoo artist use me as a canvas. That's kinda cool, and while I probably don't have have bollocks for that myself, I'd respect anyone that did that.

It's more the random Japanese/Celtic/cartoon character/corporate logo thing I don't really like.
  • morriss 13 Jul 2012 09:59:29 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Same here. Swallow on the forearm etc.
  • smoothpete 13 Jul 2012 10:03:29 31,574 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The only good looking japanese symbol tattoo I've seen is one where the artist has done it in such a way as to mimic the detail of the brushstrokes. That was pretty cool.
  • kalel 13 Jul 2012 10:06:26 88,385 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My new one's going in full view I think. Lower arm.
  • nickthegun 13 Jul 2012 10:09:22 60,439 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    The only good looking japanese symbol tattoo I've seen is one where the artist has done it in such a way as to mimic the detail of the brushstrokes. That was pretty cool.
    Ive probably said it before, but the mrs got one done on her shoulder in her teens that she thought said 'sincerity'.

When we went to japan, it turned out that it actually looked more like 'fruit', which they found hilarious.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Page

of 10 First / Last