Nintendo is living the American dream as DS and Wii dominate hardware sales throughout July, according to NPD data.
Both systems were head and shoulders above the competition. DS sold 608,000 units and the Wii sold 555,000 units. Bizarrely, Wii dropped a neat 111,000 sales from 666,000 to reach that figure.
Below, PS3 sold 224,000 units - down nearly 45 per cent from Metal Gear Solid June - and clung to "media hub" sibling PSP with 221,000 sales.
Xbox 360 dipped slightly and sold 205,000 units, putting daylight between it and chasing old-crone PS2 with 156,000 sales.
Despite PS3 leading Xbox 360 in hardware sales, software leader NCAA Football 09 sold best on the Microsoft console, as did Soulcalibur IV and Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution.
Elsewhere were familiar game-faces, with Wii getting the best of the list with four top 10 entries.
- NCAA Football 09 (Xbox 360) - 398,000
- Wii Fit (Wii) - 370,000
- Guitar Hero: On Tour (DS) - 310,000
- Wii Play (Wii) - 284,000
- NCAA Football 09 (PS3) - 243,000
- Soulcalibur IV (Xbox 360) - 219,000
- Mario Kart (Wii) - 175,000
- Rock Band Special Ed. Bundle (Wii) - 166,000
- Soulcalibur IV (PS3) - 156,000
- Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (Xbox 360) - 148,000
- DS - 608,000 (down 22.35 per cent)
- Wii - 555,000 (down 16.7 per cent)
- PS3 - 225,000 (down 44.5 per cent)
- PSP - 222,000 (down 34.21 per cent)
- Xbox 360 - 205,000 (down 6.91 per cent)
- PS2 - 156,000 (down 17.6 per cent)