An update to Sony America's PlayStation Portable webpage has identified 25 titles due to be released at launch, although the site is unclear on whether the games will all be available from day one or released within a "launch window" as it was in Japan.
Although the latter might seem more likely, we understand from development sources that a number of the games on the list have indeed been finished and released for manufacturing, suggesting that this is indeed the launch line-up. And it's nothing if not vast.
Commercially significant titles on the list include FIFA Soccer 2005, Metal Gear Acid, Need For Speed Underground Rivals, Ridge Racer, Spider-Man 2, Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 and Wipeout Pure, while we're also interested in the likes of Archer Maclean's Mercury, Lumines, Smart Bomb, Twisted Metal: Head-On and World Tour Soccer amongst others.
Admittedly some of this lot might not be available at launch, but we'll be sure to let you know exactly which as we draw a bit closer to the handheld's US launch later this month.
- Ape Escape: On the Loose (aka Ape Academy, SCEA)
- Archer Maclean's Mercury (Ignition)
- ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails (SCEA)
- Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom)
- Dynasty Warriors (KOEI)
- FIFA Soccer 2005 (EA)
- Gretzky NHL (SCEA)
- Lumines (Ubisoft)
- Metal Gear Acid (Konami)
- MLB (SCEA)
- MVP Baseball 2005 (EA)
- NBA (SCEA)
- NBA Street Showdown (EA)
- NFL Street 2 Unleashed (EA)
- Need For Speed Underground Rivals (EA)
- Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory (Konami)
- Ridge Racer (Namco)
- Smart Bomb (Eidos)
- Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix (Activision)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 (EA)
- Twisted Metal: Head-On (SCEA)
- Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade (Sony Online Entertainment)
- Wipeout Pure (SCEA)
- World Tour Soccer (SCEA)