Update: Spears! Source code reveller Mardoxx has uncovered evidence of spears in the Dragonborn DLC. What next - whips?!
- Spear ForwardPowerAttack
- Spear StandingPowerAttack
Original story: It's unconfirmed, but it looks like the next Skyrim DLC will be called Dragonborn and take place on the independent island of Solstheim (East of Skyrim, North of Morrowind).
There may be dragon mounts (or it could be a scripted ride), new armour types - Bonemold, Chitin, Nordic and Stalhrim - and mounted spell casting may be on the way.
Locations Raven Rock, Miraak Temple, Castle Karstaag and Telvanni Tower were also mentioned. As was PS3 downloadable content.
By who? By Bethesda forum member Mardoxx who delved into the Skyrim patch 1.8 beta source code and discovered clues about what's coming next.
- $Crafting_$DLC2ArmorBonemold BONEMOLD
- $Crafting_$DLC2ArmorChitin CHITIN
- $Crafting_$DLC2ArmorNordic NORDIC
- $Crafting_$DLC2ArmorStalhrim STALHRIM
- $Dragonborn Quests Completed Dragonborn Quests Completed
- $DRAGONBORN_ESMName Dragonborn
- $DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT_PS3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
"There are other things like new creatures and dwemer objects, but they're not that interesting," Mardoxx wrote.
The thread Mardoxx started was locked. A new thread has sprung into life to take its place.