Diablo 3 update 1.0.3 restricts new players who've bought the title online from accessing the entire game for up to 72 hours, Blizzard has announced.
New copies purchased through Blizzard's online store will initially be restricted to the game's Starter Edition. Here's what that means:
- Act I up to the Skeleton King is available
- Level 13 cap
- Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players
- No Auction House access (Real Money or Gold)
- Global Play is not available
- Players attempting to connect to Diablo III Starter Edition in a region other than their Battle.net account's home region will receive Error 12
"Digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologise for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience," they wrote.
"The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)"