Minecraft has received its first major title update since its official launch late last year.
As detailed on the game's official blog, and showcased in the trailer below, the patch adds a handful of new elements to Mojang's world-building phenomenon.
In addition to a few bug fixes, you can expect to see the following features incorporated:
- Bow Enchantments
- Golden Apple recipe
- New language translations
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
Mojang also announced earlier this week that it's planning a major overhaul of the mobile version of the game, with the first of a series of updates due in the next few weeks.