Shadow of War guide and walkthrough
Your detailed guide to every step through Mordor.
Ghosts from Pokémon Go's Halloween event
When you catch the first additions from Gen 3.
Create an account
Forgotten your details?
Loading... hold tight!
""eurogamer says nothing about graphics because EVERY pic looks last gen!!! "
some bitter bitter tears here."
Nah. Lots of people will find the same. It's not a particularly good looking game technically (and imo the art style is itself a matter of taste).
Got the game, played it the whole weekend. A few comments:
- Imo graphics look a bit lame, technically. Games like Viking or IU look better and more "next-gen" imo.
- It's an RPG-lite...I'm about 20 hours in and only died once completely by accident
- I like the minigames and buying property
- *Way* too much 4th wall joke stuff on the loading screens, ugh. Not funny.
- Your avatar (I have a halo and got the "extremist" achievement for purity) is super ugly. He looks like Jay Leno ffs. And don't start me on the retarded selection of clothing. I can't make a cool looking character.
- It isn't fundamentally more open than Fable 1, it's not a free-roaming game like Oblivion. You are still locked into areas, but they're more open now and there's quite a bit more to explore.
- Too little combat though. There should be more enemies and more types of enemies.
- Spellcasting. It's idiotic. You can level up spells from level 1 to 5, you cast spells by pressing B and charging up, but you can only set a single spell to a single charge level. So you can't easily cast two different level 5 spells without using the d-pad, and it's basically not worth levelling up your spells. Not that it matters, two level 5 spells kill almost everyone anyway.
- The map - I want a proper minimap for exploration ffs, sometimes there's no map at all. Not that it matters because areas are usually quite simple, even the ones that look complicated.
- The "innovative" mechanics are mostly a bit stupid. You still buy titles (this is possibly the stupidest idea ever), it's extremely easy to make people love you, and the dog is mostly just a gimmick. But they're mostly fun (except buying titles).
Overall I like it. It's a good game, but it'd be nicer if it had more...errr...fake depth. I mean, like a reason to check out the merchants (except for buying potions for easy XP), for example for a better selection of weapons, or that kind of stuff :-/ (This is my biggest problem with the game actually, the weapon variety). 10/10 might be a bit too much, especially for people expecting a "real" RPG.
So overall, it is Fable 1 with a few improvements (mostly what people wanted anyway), and it is indeed pretty lite, "casual crud for the masses" if you want, but done pretty well. It doesn't have what I liked the most in Fable (the heavy weapons had a different set of animations if you were too weak to properly use them, that was super cool).
Oh and I have LBP too :-P
Invite to Group
Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Rock, Paper, Shotgun DE