Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2501

• Page

of 2771 First / Last

• Load_2.0 6 Mar 2014 09:48:59 19,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Anyone seen the instant classic that is Non-Stop yet? Cannot be possibly be as good as Taken.
    It's no Salt.
  • MatMan562 6 Mar 2014 09:55:59 2,465 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To my own surprise I ended up watching Django Unchained last night, unfortunately it was only on DVD and not Blu-Ray but I wasn't going to pass on the opportunity to watch such an acclaimed film. I'd heard a lot of people say it was good but I wasn't really sure what it was. Having now watched it I'm still not entirely sure what it was but I loved it! It was surprisingly funny and had some great performances. I tend to dislike films being nearly 3 hours long but I was never bored and it didn't really feel like 3 hours. 10/10 seems like a bit much but I'm struggling to really think of anything I disliked about it. I'll definitely try to buy the Blu-Ray sometime!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Architect_z 6 Mar 2014 09:56:01 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The best film ever is 'They Live'.

There, I said it
  • glaeken 6 Mar 2014 10:03:13 11,177 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    I saw Monsters in the cinema on release, because it was a low budget apocalyptic-ish monster film with good reviews.

I thought it was excellent; beautiful, believable world, and very well paced. A genuinely good film, that belied it's budget.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but dismissing it as shit hipster nonsense is a bit harsh, especially considering how the film was made.

I'm super hyped for Godzilla, entirely on the back of Monsters and the awesome trailers.
    I think the people who hate it just did not get it really. Such people just tend to have simplistic tastes that require lots of explosions, gun shots and men dressed in lycra to hold their attention.

Edited by glaeken at 10:07:20 06-03-2014
  • Deckard1 6 Mar 2014 10:29:28 28,042 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think that people who like Monsters are simpletons, who enjoy poorly constructed love stories between badly written characters. They also have totally sucked their dads penis in the past, and would definitely like to do it again in the near future.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2014 10:35:13 59,974 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice interview with the man in question:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/06/godzilla-film-movie-director-gareth-edwards-bryan-cranston

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Mr_Sleep 6 Mar 2014 10:53:10 17,082 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I think that people who like Monsters are simpletons, who enjoy poorly constructed love stories between badly written characters. They also have totally sucked their dads penis in the past, and would definitely like to do it again in the near future.
    So you are a big fan of monsters then.

You are a factory of sadness.

• imamazed 6 Mar 2014 10:56:06 5,630 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lol!
  • spindle9988 6 Mar 2014 10:58:30 3,590 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought I hated monsters. Not as much as deckard though
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2014 11:00:14 59,974 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im going to go out on a limb and say he was joking, with the punchline being aimed at the patronising tone that keeps cropping up.

• Mola_Ram 6 Mar 2014 11:09:21 7,414 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Anyone seen the instant classic that is Non-Stop yet? Cannot be possibly be as good as Taken.
    It's no Salt.
    I find that hard to believe.
  • Deckard1 6 Mar 2014 11:28:08 28,042 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Im going to go out on a limb and say he was joking, with the punchline being aimed at the patronising tone that keeps cropping up.
    No I've seen them www.monsterfanssuckingdadspenis.com

(thanks again craigy)
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Mar 2014 12:39:02 24,381 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Dog Day Afternoon 9/10

Fantastic. Pacino is gripping, and the bank robbery just spirals and spirals. Will need to read about it to see how true it actually is.
    An unheard-of classic, that one.
    I'd never heard of it anyway, and I like to think I'm a unless e movie buff. Directed by some woman named Sydney Lumet, never heard of her either but will definitely be seeking out some of her other stuff.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• khaz 6 Mar 2014 12:59:10 2,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Dog Day Afternoon 9/10

Fantastic. Pacino is gripping, and the bank robbery just spirals and spirals. Will need to read about it to see how true it actually is.
    I'd never heard of it anyway, and I like to think I'm a unless e movie buff. Directed by some woman named Sydney Lumet, never heard of her either but will definitely be seeking out some of her other stuff.

Edited by khaz at 13:00:09 06-03-2014
  • Mola_Ram 6 Mar 2014 13:02:17 7,414 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Dog Day Afternoon 9/10

Wow, that's an awfully obscure movie to get a picture from.
  • spindle9988 6 Mar 2014 13:33:02 3,590 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I do agree with deckard on this one. It is getting a bit boring saying people who didn't like monsters just didn't get it. I just thought it was a boring film with nothing redeeming. If you like monsters thats fine, just stop saying we dont like it because we missed something everyone else saw.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2014 13:40:45 59,974 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    'nothing redeeming' is a bit far. The monsters look cool and the soundtrack is excellent if nothing else.

• Deckard1 6 Mar 2014 13:51:56 28,042 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't even actively dislike the film, it was ok. A good idea that could have been done better. I just dislike its fans.
  • spindle9988 6 Mar 2014 13:53:56 3,590 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    'nothing redeeming' is a bit far. The monsters look cool and the soundtrack is excellent if nothing else.
    But no pew pew
  • Blakester 6 Mar 2014 13:55:39 3,621 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why is it that the most average of films instigates the biggest debates on this forum?

I saw Monsters. It was alright, I didn't regret watching but neither am I inclined to want to watch it again. Struggling to see the controversy with this one, but then again see also Salt, Taken etc, etc.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• spindle9988 6 Mar 2014 13:57:04 3,590 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Please don't bring up taken in this thread. I think it's the reaction of people who hate an opnion that isn't theirs
  • Gambit1977 6 Mar 2014 13:59:14 9,715 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Secret in their Eyes.
    had this for ages on dvd, then ironically watched it on Netflix.

superb/10
  • mrpon 6 Mar 2014 13:59:40 28,939 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think you missed something everyone else saw spindle. Were you fucking around with a snake or summat?

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• spindle9988 6 Mar 2014 14:03:20 3,590 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's my gorgeous pet. Keep meaning to change that pic. Shes about 5 foot now
  • Trowel 6 Mar 2014 14:04:15 17,784 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Please don't bring up taken in this thread. I think it's the reaction of people who hate an opnion that isn't theirs
    /plays Sunshine card
  • Dgzter 6 Mar 2014 15:09:31 190 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:

superb/10
    I absolutely loved it! Fantastic film. Also, though I'm not usually one to harp on about cinematography, there is a particular long shot at a train station which is wonderful and has always stuck in my mind.
  • michael26 6 Mar 2014 15:33:59 5 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Non Stop 7/10

Good for the first hour or so as a murder mystery then has to blow it with an over the top finale

Still liam neeson acting as a complete badass was a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon
  • Rhaegyr 6 Mar 2014 16:14:11 1,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Secret in their Eyes is a great film, need to re-watch that one soon - the cast is outstanding.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2014 16:15:38
    Dgzter wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:

superb/10
    I absolutely loved it! Fantastic film. Also, though I'm not usually one to harp on about cinematography, there is a particular long shot at a train station which is wonderful and has always stuck in my mind.
    The football stadium scene is superb as well so well put together. One of my favourite scenes. Might watch this sometime this week, been a while since i seen it last.

I rewatched Drive this afternoon, and found it a much better film second time round of watching than the first (i enjoyed it the first time round too, but had a slight twinge of dissapointment). I'm not sure if it is an insult to ryan gosling and his reputation, that he been cast as the guy in a film about masks/Identity/perception

Also, it a lot more violent than i remember too. Nice to watch it again after all the hype around watching it the first time round as died down.

9/10

Edited by joelstinton at 16:17:43 06-03-2014
  • Madder-Max 6 Mar 2014 16:23:24 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Deckard1

Welcome back! Classic Deckardism

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Page

of 2771 First / Last