Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2475

• Page

of 2589 First / Last

• nickthegun 7 Feb 2014 14:29:56 55,871 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its also worth hunting out 'The Phantom Edit' if youre hitting the torrents.

Something that achieves the impossible: making the phantom menace watchable.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• aaron0288 7 Feb 2014 14:30:28 48 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Could anyone do me a copy of that? Never understood torrents so wouldn't know where to start. I'd of course cover all costs. Pm me.

Is it just the first film they've done so far?
  • nickthegun 7 Feb 2014 14:34:10 55,871 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    he also did the second one, which also improves it immeasurably.

Dont think the guy was ever arsed to do pt. III, though.

Edited by nickthegun at 14:34:57 07-02-2014

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deckard1 7 Feb 2014 14:34:57 25,414 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It'll cost about 40 to do, does that sound ok?

Called it

• kalel 7 Feb 2014 15:43:28 83,877 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DisappointedDunceky wrote:
    Oh why didn't I figure it out earlier.Dear Kalel is Jewish.
    How would you have figured it out earlier? And what's it to you?
  • morriss 7 Feb 2014 15:46:22 70,749 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    YEAH! WHAT OF IT?
  • LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2014 15:52:06 41,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    'Father please!'

Vader looks across at Luke, his face a mask (fnar). Then he looks to the Emperor. Then back at Luke. Then he lunges at the Emperor and, lightning arcing across his body, he throws the old dude down the reactor shaft.

Except now he shouts 'NOOOOOOOOO' while he does it.

The lighting in that scene is incredible.
    You just reminded me that I haven't seen that scene in nearly ten years. Also that ROTJ has its moments.

My most prominent memories from ROTJ are the Ewoks, and Lucas' supplementary 'celebration' scenes at the end. But these unfortunate flecks of shit aren't representative of the film as a whole. The final confrontation, for example, is one of my favourite moments in film ever.

I'm really looking forward to watching ROTJ. I'll have to hunt down the 'un-remastered' version first, though.
    As is always the case the score makes the moment. John Williams made a lot of Wagner and the leitmotif in his music for the films, and Vader's crux moments are led into with a rising roll of kettle drums. When he captures Han and Leia on Cloud City they lead into the Imperial March (as the doors close), but here they lead into a Force theme, which is given a minor key and blasts across all other sound effects (until it settles and you have the echoing deep scream of the Emperor falling down the shaft, which mingles with the instruments as the music is shredded and Vader is mortally injured).

Also 'So be it, Jedi.' has to be the best single line of the trilogy. The Emperor recognises his failure, and now he is going to tear Luke apart. Strings held on a single note. Amazing.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 15:52:45 07-02-2014

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• RedSparrows 7 Feb 2014 15:55:52 20,760 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LB, if you turned your near-obsessive memory for detail to forces for good (i.e. not banking, you shyster scumbag) then you'd be like, a good guy or something.
  • RedSparrows 7 Feb 2014 15:56:50 20,760 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    P.S. The Endor battle is still the best sci-fi space battle I've ever seen. Only Homeworld has ever come close, and that was very different in style (lovely music there too).
  • Bremenacht 7 Feb 2014 16:04:18 15,756 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not sure I've ever listened properly to a Star Wars film. Maybe RotJ'll be much improved for listening to it, rather than watching it?

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2014 16:07:35 41,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When I first moved into my flat in London I bought a projector (tall ceilings, white walls) and hooked the Gamecube up to it. And then played Rogue Squadron 2.

The Endor Mission.

Motherfucker it was like being there. In cockpit camera and everything. There has been no better dogfight captured on film, ever.

• LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2014 16:16:26 41,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pop quiz - how many different types of Star Destroyer do we see in the battle of Endor?

WRONG!

We see at least four.

Normal one.

Super Star Destroyer (what's that Admiral? Concentrate all fire where?)

Some kind of communications ship (look for the bit right at the beginning of an Endor battle sequence where a tie fighter is heavily ablaze and being pounded by laser bolts before exploding - in the background we have the superstructure of a Star Destroyer which has at least five bridge pods on the frontface, as opposed to one which is the norm)

Some kind of non-transport ship (watch the Falcon fly towards the camera along the length of the (must be) underside of a Star Destroyer, which has neither hangar entrance nor large dome that we've seen on all the others).

Edited by LeoliansBro at 16:20:48 07-02-2014

• monkman76 7 Feb 2014 16:17:55 3,398 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You're a maniac.
  • DisappointedDunceky 7 Feb 2014 16:18:58 154 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    kalel wrote:
    DisappointedDunceky wrote:
    Oh why didn't I figure it out earlier.Dear Kalel is Jewish.
    How would you have figured it out earlier? And what's it to you?
    Never mind.
  • LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2014 16:20:23 41,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    You're a maniac.
    I have an astonishing memory for facts.

• monkman76 7 Feb 2014 16:21:35 3,398 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And an insatiable curiosity for spacecraft :)
  • LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2014 16:26:16 41,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Once thing I really like about Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy is their explanation for how the Battle of Endor is won (it might not be the origin of this theory) in that the Emperor himself is coordinating the battle through Force manipulation of thousands of key personnel, and his death throws the Imperial fleet into disarray. Otherwise the outcome of the battle doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Youthist 7 Feb 2014 17:08:24 9,902 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    When I first moved into my flat in London I bought a projector (tall ceilings, white walls) and hooked the Gamecube up to it. And then played Rogue Squadron 2.

The Endor Mission.

Motherfucker it was like being there. In cockpit camera and everything. There has been no better dogfight captured on film, ever.
    Same here and I concur. Also we had some mental Samba Di Amigo 2 UP sessions on that wall. And Luigi's Mansion of course.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• LeoliansBro 7 Feb 2014 17:18:39 41,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bomberman where the bombermen were bigger than my cat :)

• captainrentboy 8 Feb 2014 00:42:54 840 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Robocop 2014 - 80%
    Big fan of the original, but still thoroughly enjoyed this new one, for a different set of reasons.
    Obviously the OTT violence and swearing are non-existent here, but watched as a more straight up Sci-fi film, one with some fairly deep messages for a 12a, this is pretty friggin good.
    For instance, the subsequent 10 minutes after Murphy first 'wakes up' in this one was easily more affecting than any scene from the original.
    On top of that there are a couple of good action scenes (a shootout in a pitch black warehouse was pretty cool), and most of the cast do a great job.
    So thankfully it was nowhere near the disaster I thought it would be, when they first showed off that suit 2 years back.

Edited by captainrentboy at 00:43:53 08-02-2014
  • beastmaster 8 Feb 2014 00:46:54 10,179 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Excellent. Can't wait to see it. Was going to go tonight but couldn't make it.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Fruit_Salad 8 Feb 2014 00:50:43 141 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oblivion, it was a strict 6 out of 10. I guessed the clone stuff namely because of the awesome film called MOON, although everyone hates.

I want sunshine to come to Netflix, that's a good film.
  • mikew1985 8 Feb 2014 02:19:39 12,083 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Uh, Isn't moon a generally highly rated critical darling? Not sure where you're getting the nobody likes it thing from.
  • MrFlay 8 Feb 2014 03:05:07 346 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oblivion is the only film I've ever walked out of half-way through. Utterly dire.
  • Tonka 8 Feb 2014 09:05:26 19,840 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never seen anyone not over the moon about Moon.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• teamHAM 8 Feb 2014 09:11:44 2,407 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    Oblivion is the only film I've ever walked out of half-way through. Utterly dire.
    Goodness. How dramatic.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• CharlieStCloud 8 Feb 2014 09:18:08 4,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Never seen anyone not over the moon about Moon.
    Such a brilliant film.

... although not one you'd likely watch more than once though.

Be interesting to see what Bowie's son does next, after should-have-ended-ten-minutes-sooner Source Code.
  • Stickman 8 Feb 2014 09:24:03 29,408 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oblivion's not the greatest thing committed to film ever, but it's certainly no worse than a fairly decent if slightly dull sci-fi film.

To walk out of the cinema half way through (and for that to be the first and only film you've ever done that to) is a little bit weird.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 8 Feb 2014 09:30:30 7,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mitt: 7/10
  • DFawkes 8 Feb 2014 11:13:03 22,063 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Be interesting to see what Bowie's son does next, after should-have-ended-ten-minutes-sooner Source Code.
    It's already started production. It's the Warcraft movie, which I'm still optimistic about because he can certainly talk the talk. My only concern is how much the studio will stick its nose in.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Page

of 2589 First / Last