Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2376

• Page

of 2699 First / Last

• QotSAfan 5 Nov 2013 22:14:01 1,653 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Found the ending of the third the best to be honest. The excellent Air Force One scene segues into an ending where you feel that Stark may actually die. Rather than the other two, where you were just waiting for the bad guy to do something stupid.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 05:14:15 6,938 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They fell victim to the "this movie must be 3 hours long" disease that affects so many modern adventure films.

The first one dragged a bit too, but not too excessively.
  • Kostabi 6 Nov 2013 19:56:38 4,874 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flight - 6/10

Eh, it was ok.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Nov 2013 20:27:04 14,380 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Django Unchained
    I Only just got around to this and LOVED it. Big QT fan anyway, but even with that I thought it was great. Christoph Waltz turns in another brilliant performance as does Jamie Foxx.
    Soundtrack was spot on as were the showdowns.

The only scene I was not sure if i liked was the KKK style bag on the head bit, I did think it was funny and that QT was trying to say how absurd and who indeed does "make them" but it didn't feel right...

The only casting I felt was off was SLJ maybe a film to far with tarantino ? I could only ever see the actor and not the part. Also Tarintino's Aussie was shite!

But even saying that a wonderful film, I watched it twice back-2-back

98%

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 20:27:42 06-11-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• cjb_bjc 6 Nov 2013 20:57:07 1,037 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Now you see me
    9/10 till the end and the twist dropped it to a 7.5
    Still quite an enjoyable watch
  • Deleted user 6 November 2013 21:39:59
    @DUFFMAN5 I thought the kkk bit was hilarious. Really was funny, and the best scene in the film. I thought it exposed them for what they are. I havn't seen it since cinema release though, but still maintain the last bit could be cut.
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Nov 2013 21:43:59 5,016 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    Now You See Me.

9/10 till the end and the twist dropped it to a 7.5

Still quite an enjoyable watch.
    Cannot. Tell. If. Serious.

It is, at best, a 2/10 film that drops down to -2/10 by the time the credits (finally) roll.
  • craigy Staff 6 Nov 2013 21:53:26 7,492 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa - 5/10
  • Chopsen 6 Nov 2013 21:59:00 15,699 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, Now You See Me if fucking awful. It is the worst film I've seen in a while. Possibly ever, because it's not even bad in a way that makes it interesting.

And the ending is not only poor but makes no sense.
  • Deckard1 6 Nov 2013 22:02:25 27,049 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Purge.

Well that was fucking stupid.
  • Deckard1 6 Nov 2013 22:02:58 27,049 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As a side Stepbrothers is just starting on 5
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Nov 2013 22:44:55 5,016 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Chopsen

Annoyingly, this is the film EVERYONE seems to be watching at the moment.

... I had a mild argument with a woman at work who said the twist is - I quote - 'unbelievable! I did not see that coming, did you?'

I had to calm myself down for heavens sake.
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Nov 2013 22:48:53 5,016 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    That's the last funny film Will Ferrell has done and it is a shy over five years old now!

... Anchorman 2 better be good.

Wish Will Ferrell would pursue a proper film like 'Stranger than Fiction' every once in a while.

: (
  • Trowel 6 Nov 2013 22:52:44 17,424 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rather than complete the course in film school, I assume the director of Now You See Me bought his 'MacGuffin 101' certificate.
  • Load_2.0 6 Nov 2013 22:55:21 18,835 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    IT'S THE FUCKING CATALINA WINE MIXER!
  • Deleted user 6 November 2013 23:27:18
    blue is the warmest colour

french/10
  • SYS64738 6 Nov 2013 23:43:42 1,575 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    World War Z

Didn't really do anything spectacularly, but wasn't awful either. Passed the time well although the last third of the film was a bit too drawn out, but did remind me of certain scenes in The Last Of Us. Would've liked to see more locations outside the US seeing this was affecting the whole globe, not just America's allies in the war against 'terror'.

Didn't read the book but apparently there were a number of set pieces they decided to not include in the movie even though from an action point of view they would've been well suited to the format, which is a shame, as they sound awesome and might still persuade me to get the book eventually (I don't normally 'do' books:p). Still, feeling generous with this one and giving it a

7/10

Iron Man 3

Loved the first one, found the second one more by-the-numbers, and this one... just boring and almost cynical. Too many explosions and stuff that sort of numb you after a while, not achieving any impact as a result. The final scene felt like a Transformers movie, robot overkill. Story was very weak, plus that 'twist' with the Mandarin just felt really weird and out of place, although it did provide a few cheap laughs.

Think I'm going to steer clear of Marvel movies as I didn't get on with The Avengers and Thor (first one) either, maybe it's just not my thing.

3/10
  • Max_Powers 6 Nov 2013 23:44:37 1,083 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Now You See Me is so horribly shit it's unbelievable. It actually makes me angry that someone would rate it a 9/10 (unless jokingly) thereby misleading other forumites into watching it and wasting 2 precious hours of their lifes.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 23:51:19 6,938 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Now You See Me

Actually really good. I did not see the twist at the end coming at all. It was exciting and Mark Ruffalo is just dreamy. The best Christopher Nolan flick that he never made.

9.3/10
  • beastmaster 6 Nov 2013 23:52:45 11,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    blue is the warmest colour

french/10
    Lea Seydoux! C'mon, give us a bit more than French :-)

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• dylman 7 Nov 2013 00:03:17 276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Now You See Me

Sadly not the first film I've bought because of Isla Fisher, but it will be the last.

2/10 only because Isla Fisher is in it. Utter shit, and from now on I shall be seeking adult supervision before buying films.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2013 07:40:47
    The Razor’s Edge (1984) 7/10

The story is ok. Acting is good, although Bill Murray seemed to be the weak link. Bill Murray is good as a comedian, with his face, and a certain walk he has. I couldn’t help but think, if only Jack Nicholson was playing the part Bill Murray was playing, how it would have lifted an ok film to a new level. On a positive note, Theresa Russell looks stunning. Peter Vaughan shows up, he is proper good actor.

Something else regarding the filming. Blame the director or camera man ect. While some scenes do look good, and I know it was filmed in 1984, there’s other scene’s that fail. For example, the scene that takes place during WWI, on the battle field, it looks ok with a slight make for TV look, a million miles away from real war. I liked the scenes in Paris, they worked.

I stumbled across this on IMDb. Review’s included words such as ‘exceptional’ ‘left a deep impression’ ‘all-time fav’, needless to say I was intrigued. £48.72 on Amazon, so I guess it is much sought after, not to mention out of print, and unavailable on Blu-ray. I managed to pick up the Dvd quite cheap on ebay, new, from south Korea.

• MadCaddy13 7 Nov 2013 07:51:35 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    That's the last funny film Will Ferrell has done and it is a shy over five years old now!

... Anchorman 2 better be good.

Wish Will Ferrell would pursue a proper film like 'Stranger than Fiction' every once in a while.

: (
    You watched 'Everything Must Go'?
  • CharlieStCloud 7 Nov 2013 08:15:05 5,016 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No, I haven't actually.

... might make a point to watch it this weekend if I can!

Ta.

: )
  • kalel 7 Nov 2013 08:40:50 86,240 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Melinda and Melinda also worth a worth in the "proper film" category.
  • CharlieStCloud 7 Nov 2013 08:44:05 5,016 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gosh!

I'll be having a Will Ferrell double-bill this weekend.

... am I right in thinking Woody Allen directed this film?
  • Dougs 7 Nov 2013 10:43:24 66,588 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really enjoyed Everything Must Go. Full of pathos.
  • Architect_z 7 Nov 2013 13:12:03 2,374 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I loved Stranger then Fiction.

I actually found Everything Must Go to be a tad boring. There wasnt any funny aspects to it really (other than the sprinkler) and the emotional side was not powerful enough to provide a good reaction. Which I feel is a bit of a shame, as the films idea is quite a good one.

Old School and Anchorman, to this day, are my favourite Ferrell outings.

I havent watched any trailers for Anchorman 2, I wanna make sure I watch it from scratch so I don't know any of the jokes before they happen. Aslong as it was like the first one, where alot of the comedy almost seemed asthough it was written by the actors themselves, than it should be all sweet.
  • Chopsen 7 Nov 2013 13:18:30 15,699 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Everything Must Go is very much him trying to do something different, and who can blame him as he endlessly does the same sort of character in the same sort of films again and again.

But yeah, it's not particularly strong either way. Not a *bad* film tho, and probably would have been better received with someone else in it as a little indie film without all the baggage and expectation he inevitably brings.
  • Page

of 2699 First / Last