Registered 1 year ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Gooey emo nonsense.

Hello there sailor.
  • crashVoodoo 4 Nov 2013 18:52:32 3,852 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    @crashVoodoo Aw I thought Iron Man 3 was the best of the sequels, and to be honest better than the first one, which is really just an origin movie, which is great as I love good hero origin movies, but I think 3 is better. I loved that we're that comfortable with Stark out of the suit that they're able to spend as much time on him as they are on the "yeah it's a guy in a practically unbeatable metal suit smashing shit up and flying fast" stuff.

I'd give Now You See Me about 2/10, utter, utter shit. Don't make a movie about illusionists where the illusions are LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE, it's pointless. And don't make a movie about incredible performers when the actors and director are incapable of convincing me that they are in fact remotely competent performers. And don't hire Isla Fisher for anything other than half-naked kookiness, because she just can't act.

Not even sure I finished it actually, soooo bad.
    I might watch it again to see if my opinion changes. It just seemed bland in comparison the first 2. I did come away thinking actor demands more screen time rather than are more comfortable with Tony over iron man.

I'll stand by the ending though it was boring.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• -cerberus- 4 Nov 2013 18:53:22 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:Oh dear, what have I done now :)

I take it you weren't keen?
    I don't know where to begin as it makes the first one look like a masterpiece. :lol: Now, I absolutely loved the visual style, perhaps even more so than the first one! But the one-dimensional characters, the wooden dialogue, the stupid plot that shits itself inside out (Vincent's role is just ridiculous) and worst of all: Pyramid Head vs Cenobite Claudia... This must've been the silliest thing I've seen since Resident Evil: Apocalypse's Nemesis vs Alice fistfight. The horror :)

Edited by -cerberus- at 18:54:14 04-11-2013

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Deleted user 4 November 2013 19:55:24
    I Saw The Devil (2010) 9/10

A tale of revenge like only the Koreanís know how to depict. Itís gruesome at times, shocking at others, but due to moments of absolute OTTíness and preciseness, it can seem almost cartoon like. Byung-hun Lee (A Bittersweet Life) is great as the revenger, and Min-sik Choi (Oldboy) plays the part of serial killer well.

• brandon-flowers 4 Nov 2013 20:29:13 182 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Madder-Max wrote:
    How does it compare to 'The Divide'? If you haven't seen it that's some fucked up bleak nuclear apocalyptic shizzle right there.
    The Divide was a fun film, but not in the same league.
    I was very impressed with the divide. Knew absolutely nothing about it and just stuck it on one night! As Techno Hippy says thats some fucked up shit!
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Nov 2013 20:30:15 5,046 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Killers are terrible.
  • hal_inc 4 Nov 2013 20:57:26 91 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    gravity. 10/10.

fantastic. i went into it not having seen anything, and i don't want to see it again just to keep that feeling of awe in mind. incredible cinematography. and the story induces gender and feminist discussion. a thematic successor to the first alien film. and sandra bullock in her life's role.

although of course you end up becoming yourself
    psn: orin_inc

• Youthist 4 Nov 2013 21:00:51 10,010 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But did you like it?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Silverballs 4 Nov 2013 21:14:20 6 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    The Evil Dead. The new one out this year.

90%

Just as good as the original in a different kinda way. Misses Bruce Campbell all the same :/
  • Deleted user 4 November 2013 21:27:49
    Bruce Campbell is technically in it. Sort of.
  • quadfather 4 Nov 2013 21:27:55 11,815 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    quadfather wrote:Oh dear, what have I done now :)

I take it you weren't keen?
    I don't know where to begin as it makes the first one look like a masterpiece. :lol: Now, I absolutely loved the visual style, perhaps even more so than the first one! But the one-dimensional characters, the wooden dialogue, the stupid plot that shits itself inside out (Vincent's role is just ridiculous) and worst of all: Pyramid Head vs Cenobite Claudia... This must've been the silliest thing I've seen since Resident Evil: Apocalypse's Nemesis vs Alice fistfight. The horror :)
    OK I'm hearing you on FM for the most part. I think it was the style that made it fairly bearable for me along with the little silent hill 3 nods to the head.

My problem is that I love silent hill so much I really scour the films for any kind of goodness and kind of put the bad bits to one side.

Agreed Vincent was a twat and I saw his story coming. As for the boss fight, if you like, I actually was rooting out loud for pyramid head omg :)

I think to sum it up, because its the only ones around, I try and be extra positive about them. Naive as I am.

OK while we're on horror, what era of horrors are you favourite, and why? Appreciate this will derail this thread considerably considering its pretty much all I ever talk about. Ever. :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Silverballs 4 Nov 2013 21:50:00 6 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I like horror that deals with possession but not that junked up Hollywood garb that delivers the same stuff and over again. Something like Session 9 or The Shinning. As far as found footage goes, I think it's had it's day. VHS and VHS 2 are ok though. I'd give them mid 80 out of 100.
  • Silverballs 4 Nov 2013 21:51:22 6 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @meme Has he a cameo? didn't pick up on that, cool.
  • Deleted user 4 November 2013 22:31:42
    It's not even really a cameo. He appears after the credits and says "Groovy". That's literally it.

• Trowel 4 Nov 2013 23:01:39 17,429 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Walk The Line - 9/10

One of those films that I never really feel like rewatching, but 10 mins in I'm hooked. I can only criticise it for having weak support actors, particularly Elvis, Jerry Lee and Johnny's father (Robert Patrick should never have been told he could act). The work of Phoenix and Withaknife on the soundtrack is astounding.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 4 Nov 2013 23:10:58 657 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got The Sting on blu ray, a timeless classic that I will never get sick of watching.
    Cinematic perfection 100/100

Arsechickens

• WrongShui 4 Nov 2013 23:41:18 6,598 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Now You See Me - 0/10

Lots of things annoyed me from the off with this, the dickhead from Scrubs the Next Generetion, Michael Cera's serious brother and the annoying music.

This was stupid.

So it was all an elaborate scheme 30 years in the making to frame and falsely imprison an innocent old black man? And the women runs off and becomes an accomplice with an obsessive man consumed with revenge and is nothing but smoke and mirrors? Because he can be trusted and isn't clearly insane?
  • Iain815 5 Nov 2013 00:28:30 404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thor: The Dark World

You know, I won't review the film, because I just want to rant about my local cinema. Somehow, the fucked up the sound and we could barely hear what the cast were saying, especially at the start which was basically Anthony Hopkins mumbling. We were leaning in at points struggling to hear what they were saying.

The film was good, but christ did that completely ruin the experience. Had to run out half way through the film to get a member of staff to check it out. Nothing improved.

Fuck!/10
  • Architect_z 5 Nov 2013 13:01:38 2,374 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Iain815 - I found the same. Thor seemed as though it was played in stereo, and I was sat at the back of the cinema, I thought it was really quiet aswell. It did ruin all the epic explosions and impacts in the movie, at which there were many.

In terms of the film, id give it 82%
    I actually prefered the previous Thor film, however he's still my favourite superhero out of the Marvel offerings.
  • Gunzberg 5 Nov 2013 13:06:49 1,730 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Machinist

an intriguing 7.5/10

Christian Bale is as ever fabulous

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Mola_Ram 5 Nov 2013 13:18:51 6,956 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Machete Kills

Yes, we know that he kills, but *why* does he kill? The existential ennui of the stateless Mexican immigrant comes to the fore here as he flails, futilely, against the very system that created him. The decapitation of his enemies represents his attempt to sever the head of the Kafkaesque bureaucracy in which he is trapped, only to realise that it is an *idea* against which he strives. Ideas produce more fodder to be dismembered, but the idea itself is impervious.

He also screwed some random woman, which was nice. And I always appreciate appearances from Walton Goggins, however fleeting.

9/10
  • Deckard1 5 Nov 2013 13:21:08 27,124 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I dunno how I'd feel about watching Danny Trejo having sex.
  • Mola_Ram 5 Nov 2013 13:23:19 6,956 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have an attraction to people who look like Danny Trejo. And Danny Trejo has looked the same for 30 years now.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 13:25:44 05-11-2013
  • LeoliansBro 5 Nov 2013 13:27:08 43,227 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just realised I'd completely missed that it was Sandra Bullock in Gravity. Even though I've seen a ton of posters, trailers etc, my brain just short circuited, and went 'Woman in globe helmet' -> 'Mary Elizabeth Masterantonio in the Abyss' and left it there.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Dougs 5 Nov 2013 13:29:27 66,642 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Machete Kills

Yes, we know that he kills, but *why* does he kill? The existential ennui of the stateless Mexican immigrant comes to the fore here as he flails, futilely, against the very system that created him. The decapitation of his enemies represents his attempt to sever the head of the Kafkaesque bureaucracy in which he is trapped, only to realise that it is an *idea* against which he strives. Ideas produce more fodder to be dismembered, but the idea itself is impervious.

He also screwed some random woman, which was nice. And I always appreciate appearances from Walton Goggins, however fleeting.

9/10
    Ha, I had no idea that Rodriguez had actually made a spin off! Outstanding.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2013 17:17:21
    TT:Closer to the edge

Superb. Thrilling. And i enjoyed it as much as senna. Had a couple of walk around pacing moments. Recommend to everyone. Quite insighful. Bugger those pre-madonnas!

10/10
  • spindle9988 5 Nov 2013 17:37:43 3,492 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Machete Kills

9/10
    Ha, I had no idea that Rodriguez had actually made a spin off! Outstanding.
    This is the sequel which I haven't seen yet. The 1st is quality tho
  • Rhaegyr 5 Nov 2013 17:45:14 1,407 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Incendies

Great film - the acting is fantastic and the story moves along at quite a pace. There's a turning point that a lot of people (including myself) will see coming but it doesn't bring down the film nor dampen its' impact. Quite a little history lesson, too!

8/10
  • Bremenacht 5 Nov 2013 21:51:53 17,600 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked it. It's better than most of the Pirates films, better than the last two Iron Mans films, better than a lot of popcorn films.
  • Page

of 2704 First / Last