Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2331

• Page

of 2584 First / Last

• nickthegun 2 Sep 2013 14:11:49 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mmmnnn.... a mullet and a bad prosthetic 'tache only just qualify, but then they shoved him in a wheelchair, so you may have a point.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Sep 2013 14:12:18 36,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I didn't mind Oblivion, although the trailer spoilt the "twist" (which was obvious anyway) there were some good action set-pieces and it all progressed at a decent pace.

The ending was balls though.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• nickthegun 2 Sep 2013 14:15:01 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Literally the second they referred to him as No. 42 or whatever, the twist was face palmingly obvious.

He totally called it

• kalel 2 Sep 2013 14:15:51 83,839 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Fuck it, I've already made the ewok confession so why not...

I really like Jerry Maguire. And the end makes me cry.

It is done.
    If you're going to make a worthy romantic comedy you might as well do it with no apologies. I think Jerry Maguire is a pretty good film really.

My only issue is they should have had the balls to carry-through what I can only assume is the original version where Cuba Gooding and Cruise submit to what is clearly the gayest relationship of all time.
  • localnotail 2 Sep 2013 14:19:01 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ironlungs76 Cheers. One of my friends started singing about an Afro Circus when he found out I hadn't seen the sequels. It made little sense. I think that's from 3 though.

Nick, I didn't think he was playing against type in Magnolia, assuming his type is handsome success. He put a very effective weasel spin on it. I wonder if he will manage any better performances when he can no longer get away with his shit-eating twinkly grin?

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• LeoliansBro 2 Sep 2013 14:19:55 41,863 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God no, Jerry Maguire is hateful. It was kind of OK before wossnameZellwegerWitherspoon I forget went megastar, because now all I can see when I look at her is her later fat trout pout and reddened face.

Also Cruise getting to shag her through her child may be oddly believeable but it's still creepy as fuck.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Load_2.0 2 Sep 2013 14:22:10 18,163 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Cruise getting to shag her through her child.
    I missed that scene.
  • nickthegun 2 Sep 2013 14:22:41 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Nick, I didn't think he was playing against type in Magnolia, assuming his type is handsome success. He put a very effective weasel spin on it.
    i see where you are coming from but you cant imagine Maverick demanding kelly mcgillis suck his big fat fucking sausage.

He totally called it

• spindle9988 2 Sep 2013 14:30:03 3,366 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Star trek (the new one)

Bloody loved it. Really enjoying these reboots, I think the main reason is because they are so different to the old ones. (I hated the old ones)
  • Deckard1 2 Sep 2013 14:33:12 25,383 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Cruise getting to shag her through her child.
    I missed that scene.
    The little kid is a hawty now.

Called it

• dr_swin 2 Sep 2013 14:46:54 4,823 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sinister

Found this really creepy. Probably the most enjoyable horror film I've seen since Drag me to Hell. Mr Boogie is very creepy. Would expect to see a few of those masks around at Halloween.

• -cerberus- 2 Sep 2013 18:15:03 2,066 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Butcher Boy

Wonderfully dark, witty & funny.

8/10

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• FWB 2 Sep 2013 18:17:06 41,909 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Trowel wrote:
    I thought it was a nicely produced homage to 80s sci-fi - obviously the soundtrack, but the drones in particular were refreshingly old school sci-fi/horror for a 'blockbuster'.
    Yep. Digger the drones.

Liked the film. Can't stand Cruise but mattered not. Nice CGI and a decent storyline, 7/10.
    Have you guys seen Screamers? Based on a K.Dick short story (or novel maybe). Straight to Video release that a friend and I picked up back in the 90's and were completely surprised by.

It has some cool drones.
    Think I saw it as a kid. Need to revisit it.
  • TheBlackDog 2 Sep 2013 19:45:38 259 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The House by the Cemetery - lots of laughs/10

This wasn't so bad its good, it was just hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the only inspiration behind Garth Merenghi's Darkplace (which is brilliant)), but the film itself made me laugh at least as much. Especially the bat-hand stabbing (I was choking because I was laughing so much just imagining the next scene was going to be him with a power-drill trying to get that bat off his hand, followed by a final self-amputation by chainsaw). That scene was so long !
  • Deleted user 3 September 2013 07:37:37
    Buddy Boy (1999) 7.8/10

It stars Emmanuelle Seigner, what else can I say. She along with Aidan Gillen reakky make this, what appears to be, low budget affair worth watching.

ĎAn introvert relieves the tedium of caring for his invalid mother by spying on his neighbour.í IMDb

It sounds like serious stuff, but it isnít. Itís a mix of dark humour with a hint of surrealism. I wasnít too sure what to make of the invalid mother, as she plays the part like a cartoon character, which didnít impress so much.

The film took some tracking down for the right price, as Ebay people ask so much. I got it for £4 from a US seller. The Dvd turned out to be NTSC which my Blu-ray player rejected. Lucky for me, my play all region Dvd player still works a treat after 10 years plus.

I like Emmanuelle Seigner, although she hasnít been in enough films that appear to warrant watching. Frantic, Bitter Moon, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly are all good films, and now Buddy Boy.

La Vie en Rose looks like it might be worth seeing.

Edited by blacksea at 07:38:33 03-09-2013
  • Telepathic.Geometry 3 Sep 2013 08:39:44 11,114 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Star trek (the new one)

Bloody loved it. Really enjoying these reboots, I think the main reason is because they are so different to the old ones. (I hated the old ones)
    You mean the first one, right? Not "Into Darkness" right?

If so, I agree, if not, I do not. :)

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• thefilthandthefury 3 Sep 2013 09:22:19 24,901 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just saw Into Darkness actually and I think I preferred it! It was basically a rehash of other plots but it worked quite well. Would have been a bit confusing for people who didn't already know the full details about Khan mind.
  • beastmaster 3 Sep 2013 13:38:48 10,172 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jerry Maguire has a sexed up Kelly Preston and is worth watching for this alone.

The Prestige - 8.5/10

Not seen this since it first came out at the cinema. Great film.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• altitude2k 3 Sep 2013 21:35:37 3,145 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    The Prestige - 8.5/10

Not seen this since it first came out at the cinema. Great film.
    The Dark Knight Magics.
  • Deleted user 3 September 2013 21:42:10
    Killshot (2008) 7.4/10

Spotted this for £1 - stars Mickey Rourke, Diana Lane, Thomas Jane to name a few. I went into this not expecting much, and got a whole lot more. Sure itís never destined to be a classic, nor does it come close, but it is well acted, and very well made. Story is nothing special, but I thought itís biggest fault was, it succeeds in being serious without ever being serious enough, and this is mainly caused by Joseph Gordon-Levitt who while playing his part well, is too much of a goon. Blame it on the script or the director, Diane Lane really doesnít act well, given the circumstances she has to deal with. She plays her part like something made for TV.

Edited by blacksea at 21:43:03 03-09-2013
  • RichieTenenbaum 3 Sep 2013 21:45:13 2,155 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm a big Trekker and much preferred In Darkness to Star Trek. God. I HATED Star Trek.
  • ecureuil 3 Sep 2013 22:02:34 76,008 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Literally the second they referred to him as No. 42 or whatever, the twist was face palmingly obvious.
    It's just a really generic film. You could literally name the movies it borrowed from as you watch it. Also Tom Cruise is just so bland all the time.
  • TheSaint 3 Sep 2013 22:40:09 13,629 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doesn't all sci-fi do that? What was the last truly original sci-fi film?
  • Deleted user 3 September 2013 23:09:16
    Star Trek In Darkness 55/100

The film ticks boxes and is easy enough to get through as a typical large budget spectacle of a returning cast, but the scifi writing that the film depends on is so one dimensional like a doctor who tv episode that it is really difficult to say anything too positive about it beyond watchable.

Would I watch it again as an easy lounge backdrop like the previous film? No, probably not. The abundance of flaws in the writing make the characters' journey and motivations just too ridiculous for a second viewing.

From the previous film the cast were reasonably well established and seemed to work well together as a young crew, but a lot of the needed chemistry felt forced in this film as a rework of certain scenes of Star trek the motion picture(iirc), but without the characters being of a suitable age and maturity it just comes off a little jarring like some red dwarf in a Star trek film.

I'm sure others that are actual trekkies will really love it and won't even see the plot flaws, but if this is the swiss cheese plot efforts of the director doing Star Wars after Lucas then it might be best if I go watch an old Pink Panther movie instead of the new star wars.
  • Madder-Max 3 Sep 2013 23:14:29 11,565 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Star trek into darkness - 9/10

Love it. Watched it again on legit dvd last night and it really is a blast. Its classic kirk. Really good stuff.

U need to ignore the corduory wearing beard strokers reviewing this like they r reviewing an opera. Its a great blast.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Madder-Max 3 Sep 2013 23:17:57 11,565 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh and for those saying that they could see the twist in oblivion even before they were born, I say bollocks. There r 2 twists in this movie and one is easier to spot than the other but neither are particularily overly obvious.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Deleted user 3 September 2013 23:30:02
    I'm not sure I can take an opinion on predictability and narrative trends seriously from someone who uses "r" and "u" with such frequency.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 3 Sep 2013 23:44:15 8,284 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was obvious. It was super obvious.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 3 September 2013 23:45:10
    I like Into Darkness.

I think you have to rely on your experience on kirk and spock as a whole (From old times) rather than just on the previous film. After all they are the same characters as the proper kirk and spock up until that universe reset in the first film.

Which kind of points out, the The wrath of Khan was the second film in the film series. It it self relies on TOS as much as ITD does, Even though the ending suggests otherwise ;)

I can understand that newcommers may be waffled, but i enjoyed it. I thought the ending was interesting, and i was pretty stupid to not seeing it happening. Yeah it has some issues, but i like the overall tone of it. Its big, bold and brash. But good.

Anyway.

Frankenweenie

Enjoyed this. Nice, simple, 90 minute entertainment. Tim burton of the leash, and having fun. Anyyone with a pet who has died will be pulled in. Saying that i thought it was pretty understated, which i guess kind of works for it. Full of horror refrences that were well done.

8/10

Edited by joelstinton at 23:47:14 03-09-2013
  • gooner77 4 Sep 2013 00:05:42 652 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Star Trek ID 7/10. Decent sequel to a great film. Difficult to discuss what I liked most about it without lots of spoilers. However Sherlock Holmes overacted horribly as the villain. More ham than a chain of delicatessens
  • Page

of 2584 First / Last