Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2314

• Page

of 2842 First / Last

• JiveHound 16 Aug 2013 10:14:34 2,668 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Killing Them Softly.

Like No Country For Old Men if it was shit. Absolute waste of my time.

Sightseers.

Oddball black comedy. Really enjoyed it. Some great lines and the two leads are excellent.

Argo.

Heard lots of praise but it felt a bit by the numbers to me. Brought back memories of Munich and Affleck really doesn't do much for me as an actor. He kind of just does mopey.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• WoodenSpoon 16 Aug 2013 12:58:01 12,294 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RATE YOUR MOVIES OUT OF 100%%%!!!1
  • JiveHound 16 Aug 2013 17:24:11 2,668 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• kingnothing12 16 Aug 2013 17:32:51 574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pain and Gain 8/10

Thoroughly enjoyed this and I would say it's Bay's best film behind 'The Rock'

Pretty laugh out loud in places and also quite dark at times, the only bugbear is that is could of been about 15mins shorter. It's easily the Rock's best performance and his character is without a doubt the funniest(Jesus loving coke fiend) and the one you sympathize with most. Some of the character's choices are idiotic, however this is based on a true story so these must of been some dumb mother fuckers to even think they could get away with any of this.
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 18:03:35
    Robot_Chubby wrote:
    The Reef
    Absolute pants. The shark effects were good, and the film does build up some tension before the shark actually starts attacking, but then it just falls apart. The worst thing is, it's not at all scary. Watch Jaws instead. 35%
    I thought it was pretty decent for this kind of film. Not a patch on the epic JAWS
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 18:05:08
    TOOTR wrote:
    Rewatched Life of Pi again.

Absolutely brilliant film and it's accompanied by this stunning 'Making of ' website design.

Highly recommend checking it out.

http://journey.lifeofpimovie.com
    Just picked up the Blu-ray as Pi looks worth the extra def. Will check it out over the weekend, maybe tonight.
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 18:06:29
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Requiem for a Dream

Hadn't seen it before and didn't know what it was about. A good film. Not particularly enjoyable, but good.
    Watched this for the first time the other day (posted my thoughts some pages ago). I thought it was good, good at what it does.
  • vijay_UK 16 Aug 2013 18:15:38 2,318 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Red Dragon is based on the same plot. Should be nice to compare the two.

Don't let me down ITV4.
    ITV4 tends to show a lot of good stuff, can't think of any off the top of my head but it's worth keeping an eye out if you want a quiet night.

Natural Born Killers tonight.
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 20:46:39
    Kick Ass 2

Not sure what it was about this but it just fell a bit flat for me.

Seemed much tamer than the first and i left the cinema not giving a shit. Plus the pacing was weird.

5/10
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 21:29:59
    Life of Pi (2012) Looks stunning/10

The film looks stunning. I watched the Blu-ray. There are many magical moments. The CGI is super impressive. Sure I knew the tiger wasnít real, but there are moments I wondered if it was. Iím still not sure if a real Tiger was used at times. As stunning as the film looks, Iím not sure how high I can rate the story. As for the ending, if I understood correctly, kind put a downer on events.
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 23:05:59
    The Conjuring

I'm a big James wan fan. He does films I want to see, in a way I'd want them to be done. The Conjuring did nothing new, but it did everything so well. The scares buggered off for the final act but again, it was done so well I didn't care.

Great cast
    Excellent sound

Contains one of the most tense and creepy scenes I think I've ever seen.

I love a good ghost story / 10

(90%)
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 23:33:40
    Does anyone else sometimes read it as billystickyfingers?
  • Pynchon 16 Aug 2013 23:37:35 114 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @WoodenSpoon

I watched Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me last night. It was consistently decent and deserves a 98756.98 on a scale of 10 David Lynch puppets.

Would have scored higher if Donna's actress had turned up for the job.
  • BillMurray 16 Aug 2013 23:37:49 7,860 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone with more than 7 letters in their username I don't properly look at. I just skim the start of the name and ignore the rest.
  • prawnking1980 16 Aug 2013 23:39:29 4,965 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuck
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 23:46:26
    suckerpunch 80%
    if you like sexy girls in Japaneses costume fighting huge bosses. this will blow your mind
  • Deleted user 16 August 2013 23:59:29
    @Choppi bugger off :-P

It wouldn't let me put spaces in. I think. I can't remember. I don't know. What's happening.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 00:01:52 17-08-2013
  • Deleted user 17 August 2013 00:02:33
    @ORINORIN the lack of a decent film in there blew my mind.
  • gooner77 17 Aug 2013 00:17:29 865 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Evil Dead Remake Groovy/10

Nice happy wholesome movie about demonic posession with nail gun and chainsaw hijinks aplenty.

It does feel strangely short like its been overly edited or cut but considering some of the extreme shit still there.....

Not a patch on Evil Dead 2 though
  • Robot_Chubby 17 Aug 2013 00:38:13 260 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    gooner77 wrote:

Not a patch on Evil Dead 2 though
    Is anything?
  • vijay_UK 17 Aug 2013 08:18:34 2,318 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Hobbit.

It's not as good as as the opening LOTR movie, but entertaining enough without being memorable in any way until an old friend is revealed. Martin Freeman was pretty decent in this, but really the next 2 parts need to be better.

7/10
  • Dougs 17 Aug 2013 08:23:44 69,045 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Flight - 7.5/10. Outstanding opening sequence (wife less impressed being scared of flying and all), the return was engaging enough and kept you interested. And I love Denzil, he's all kinds of ace.
  • sirtacos 17 Aug 2013 09:24:41 7,348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It'd be nice if they re-introduced an actual sense of peril for the next Tolkien-based movie.

The Hobbit reminded me of The Phantom Menace: Computer Graphics overload with almost nothing to relate to on a human level. It looked pretty, but it failed to grab my interest or elicit any emotion. (Beyond boredom.)
  • TarickStonefire 17 Aug 2013 09:43:02 3,305 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    The Hobbit.

It's not as good as as the opening LOTR movie, but entertaining enough without being memorable in any way until an old friend is revealed. Martin Freeman was pretty decent in this, but really the next 2 parts need to be better.

7/10
    Really, the next two parts ought to have been rolled into this first movie, BECAUSE THAT'S HOW LONG THE BOOK IS, PETER.

Fucking egotistical greedy move, turning that rather lovely, pacey book into three turgid films. Utter greed.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• MrSensible 17 Aug 2013 10:51:29 25,294 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think he could have possibly justified two movies, with the extra thing he's chucked in... but three certainly is pushing it.
  • Maturin 17 Aug 2013 11:22:35 3,152 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Total Recall (recent remake) Shite/100

What a piece of crap this was. Joyless, humourless, lacking in invention, wasting good actors, poor script, uninteresting setting.

The only good bit was "two weeks" and while the appearance of triple breasted whore should have been funny it just didn't work.

It's not often you get a remake and they seem to have said "you know what, the original was too grand. Let's completely scale it back and make it all rather mundane."

So many things wrong with it. Let's talk about design, or lack of it. Production design meeting probably went like this...
    "So let's have your ideas for production design, what about New Britain?"
    "Minority Report."
    "Great, what about the colony?"
    "Blade Runner."
    "Fantastic. Okay meeting over."

How about casting two female leads that look a lot like each other. Yes that's really smart. That was our hero is dreaming of someone who from many angles looks just like his wife, great move.

Let's waste Bill Nighy's time for a few days.

Can we get some sci-fi guns with the sonic power of a wet fart?

After a while I thought they really need to stop recreating bits from the original film because in contrast they looked shit. They really did serve to highlight how bad this film was in comparison. Take removing the bug for example. In Arnie's film it's one of those scenes you remember from the 90s - a "no fucking way" moment. Here? Bet some of you can't remember it being in the film.

What about the Cohagen explains it all bit. In the original of course we get video of Arnie saying he wants his body back. It's a brilliant scene as he is shown as Cohagen's friend. Do we get anything like that here? No. Because everything in this film is played flat, it's all flat, one note, lacking in any excitement and humour.

Dreadful.
  • oceanmotion 17 Aug 2013 11:29:20 16,088 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked how a glass surface became a phone.

City was a rip off but well done.

Why did they make him wear a wig. All I was thinking, looks ridiculous.

Kate was hot.

Film was terrible.
  • spindle9988 17 Aug 2013 11:30:21 3,660 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ORINORIN wrote:
    suckerpunch 80%
    if you like sexy girls in Japaneses costume fighting huge bosses. this will blow your mind
    This was honestly one of the worst films I've ever seen
  • vijay_UK 17 Aug 2013 11:31:24 2,318 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    vijay_UK wrote:
    The Hobbit.

7/10
    Really, the next two parts ought to have been rolled into this first movie, BECAUSE THAT'S HOW LONG THE BOOK IS, PETER.

Fucking egotistical greedy move, turning that rather lovely, pacey book into three turgid films. Utter greed.
    In addition to two further movies, we are treated to the extended editions of each movie...and you call that greed?

So once we buy all that good stuff, released just before Xmas, there might be a special boxset with previously unseen footage/documentary/pictures of dwarves fuc... I mean hugging.

At least if Gandalf got it on with the weird blonde lady it might be worth it, for a giggle
  • Page

of 2842 First / Last