Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2280

• Page

of 2700 First / Last

• shamblemonkee 23 Jul 2013 12:30:46 14,256 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    both have some great one liners and visual gags but SOTD is my favourite.

love this one from HF;

"wanna be a big cop in a small town? f**k off down the model village!"

Edited by shamblemonkee at 12:32:54 23-07-2013
  • RyanDS 23 Jul 2013 12:38:13 9,050 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    i love hot fuzz, but as a westcountry man, it hits home quite a lot. Also i grew up watching stuff like midsommer murders which it parodies down to a tee. so yeah i love it.

SOTD is great too though.
    I lived in Wells for a few years where it was filmed and everything was just spot on.

Also every time I see it I recognise another stolen scene... sorry homage which makes me giggle.
  • imamazed 23 Jul 2013 12:40:51 5,520 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's my favourite gif of all time
  • shamblemonkee 23 Jul 2013 12:45:52 14,256 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RyanDS yeah, i guess it shouldn't be a surprise given edgar's past though.
  • Baihu1983 23 Jul 2013 13:46:01 3,270 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Really need to watch Hot Fuzz again.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 23 Jul 2013 13:48:02 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Watched the Total Recall remake. Dross.
  • beastmaster 23 Jul 2013 13:59:08 11,144 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Iron Man 2 - 4/10

It's a bit shit really, isn't it? Last few times I watched it I kind of though it was okay. I may have even enjoyed it.

This time around though, I didn't enjoy it that much at all. Best part was Monaco and whenever Scarlett Johansson was in it.

I was bored pretty much throughout. IM3 is so much better is every possible way.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• CharlieStCloud 23 Jul 2013 14:10:02 5,016 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @oceanmotion

Funnily enough, I am not really that fussed about 'teh boobs' in films, but whoever that lady in The American was, she has the kind of special mountains that makes me wonder if they are the best ever committed to the big screen.

They come from the ripened fields of heaven.

... and she is a good actress too!

George Clooney is a lucky sod.
  • Madder-Max 23 Jul 2013 14:20:50 11,618 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    IP man 2 8/10

If you have seen the first then its worth just fast forwarding to the first fight fight with the boxer and watching from there. Yes that's right. BOxer! /squeal!

Fucking awesome. Basically right...2 Masters take on the world champion boxer of the time. I won't tell u what happenned but its brilliant to watch how well the boxer holds his own.

The rest of the film is faffy filler apart from when Bruce Lee is introduced to IP Man as a young boy. (Bruce Lee became a disciple at the age of 16)

Edited by Madder-Max at 14:24:55 23-07-2013

99 problems and being ginger is one

• TechnoHippy 23 Jul 2013 14:23:52 14,698 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Hitcher II - I've Been Waiting

It was with some trepidation that I watched this, I loved the first film. In fairness this wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. It's set many years after the first film and Jim Halsey returns to where the first film took place to face the memories he hasn't been able to deal with. C Thomas Howell returns as his original character and does a pretty good job.

As with the first film the star of the show is The Hitcher. This time he is played by Jake Busey who does a good job as well. He's nowhere near as sinister as Rutger Hauer was, but he carries the same sense of fun.

That's a fair description for the film as a whole, for the most part it's a carbon copy of the original, but not as good. It just doesn't stand out as well. It's not a bad film, in fact it's reasonable fun to watch, but it feels a bit pointless.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Mola_Ram 23 Jul 2013 14:35:48 6,938 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    IP man 2 8/10

If you have seen the first then its worth just fast forwarding to the first fight fight with the boxer and watching from there. Yes that's right. BOxer! /squeal!

Fucking awesome. Basically right...2 Masters take on the world champion boxer of the time. I won't tell u what happenned but its brilliant to watch how well the boxer holds his own.

The rest of the film is faffy filler apart from when Bruce Lee is introduced to IP Man as a young boy. (Bruce Lee became a disciple at the age of 16)
    I think what happens is that the boxer beats him into pulp then takes a dump on his corpse. I think that's what happened historically.

At any rate, I wouldn't recommend just skipping most of the movie. It's funny for its jingoism if nothing else.
  • khaz 23 Jul 2013 16:34:00 2,704 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:

love this one from HF;

Oh lord that scene cracked me up.
  • Baihu1983 23 Jul 2013 18:47:57 3,270 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @beastmaster Long arse trailer for the Avengers more than anything else.
  • Deleted user 23 July 2013 22:05:34
    The American.

Decent. Lovely cinematography and lighting. Slow and involving, although the plot is pretty much wore on its sleeve and it is pretty much what it is. It doesn't have a hook to keep you thinking about it long term which i think it trys and aim for?

Its a very long stella advert though. Looks great.

7/10
  • fletch7100 23 Jul 2013 22:11:56 6,913 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Madder-Max

Mentioning IP Man, will you be seeing the new film about him called The Grand Master?
  • Bremenacht 23 Jul 2013 22:35:23 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Iron Man 2 - 4/10

It's a bit shit really, isn't it? Last few times I watched it I kind of though it was okay. I may have even enjoyed it.

This time around though, I didn't enjoy it that much at all. Best part was Monaco and whenever Scarlett Johansson was in it.

I was bored pretty much throughout. IM3 is so much better is every possible way.
    It is. It's also one of those films where product placement utterly poisoned my attitude towards it - cynicism begetting cynicism. However, ignoring the brand bits that get on my tits, it's probably better than IM3, which just screams 'whiteboarded by overpaid monkeys'.
  • Bremenacht 23 Jul 2013 22:36:24 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    shamblemonkee wrote:

love this one from HF;

Oh lord that scene cracked me up.
    I don't remember the scene, but that gif has me giggling.
  • BillMurray 23 Jul 2013 22:39:54 7,604 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have there been any martial arts movies in recent years that compare to IP Man?
  • Madder-Max 23 Jul 2013 22:54:21 11,618 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @Madder-Max

Mentioning IP Man, will you be seeing the new film about him called The Grand Master?
    Didn't know there was one. I stumbled accross these gems the last few days. Will be on the lookout now though.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• CosmicFuzz 23 Jul 2013 22:55:39 23,090 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cannibal the Musical

Early film by Matt Stone and Trey Parker. It's awful.

2/10

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• ronuds 23 Jul 2013 23:01:12 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Have there been any martial arts movies in recent years that compare to IP Man?
    Does The Raid count?

The fight scenes in that were incredible, imo.
  • wogsy81 23 Jul 2013 23:08:38 717 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I watched Pacific Rim last night.
    Nowhere near as good as i thought it would be. Yeah, the fight scenes were really fucking spectacular but the other 1 hour 40 minutes was pure torture. I actually wanted to leave half an hour towards the end as i couldn't take the shitness any more.

I hung in there though. 4/10.
  • Deleted user 24 July 2013 04:27:57
    Sharknado - 0/10

The idea that knowingly making a terrible film makes it good in an ironic sense is a bit like the idea that ironically wearing a fedora and frameless glasses doesn't make you a twat. I honestly don't understand the weird obsession the larger internet seems to have with it.
  • roz123 24 Jul 2013 05:50:49 7,112 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shaun of the dead is a better film especially on first viewing but the humour at times makes way for the darker plot and zombie attacks. Hot Fuzz has a higher consistency of jokes throughout the film, it barely lets up for two minutes so it makes it far easier and more enjoyable to watch again and again. It's always on ITV2 at night and I often flick onto it and it always makes me laugh
    I think The Worlds End is the worst film of the trilogy, its the least funny and the story takes a while to get going but its definetly worth seeing.
  • mrpon 24 Jul 2013 07:11:51 28,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Cannibal the Musical

2/10
    Fudge packer.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• CosmicFuzz 24 Jul 2013 07:13:03 23,090 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Cannibal the Musical

2/10
    Fudge packer.
    I've got that "the sun is hot like a baked potato" song stuck in my eye too. Also the cyclops was quite funny.

• mrpon 24 Jul 2013 07:20:46 28,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They do a good song, I'll give them that! In fact I'm sure a song ends with that line, adding to the amusement (slightly)

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Telepathic.Geometry 24 Jul 2013 07:21:45 11,262 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cannibal the Musical is an easy 8 or 9 out of 10! The Trapper song alone... ^-^

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• CosmicFuzz 24 Jul 2013 07:35:58 23,090 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nah its pretty awful. It drags like fuck towards the end and some of the songs are good but not a patch on their recent stuff. Team America has a much better soundtrack.

Edited by CosmicFuzz at 07:36:46 24-07-2013

• Telepathic.Geometry 24 Jul 2013 07:37:52 11,262 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well obviously, you have to look it at it from the perspective of a movie made by a couple of students in college. In which case it's fucking amazing!

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Page

of 2700 First / Last