Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2231

• Page

of 2585 First / Last

• Khanivor 19 May 2013 18:29:51 39,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iron Man 3 - 6/10

I dunno, this just felt pointless. OK, so Stark grows up some more but the connection to the Avengers was never really explored and his final reasoning seemed so arbitrary. The action was fun but pushed too far into the ridiculous. Some great one liners and a totally movie-stealing performance by Kingsley are what elevate this to a mediocre score.

Silver Linings Playbook - 6/10

Lots of better than adequate acting, a reasonable story, nothing special. For a take on mental illness which is orders of magnitude more resilient and affecting watch Take Shelter.

David O Russel obviously has a thing for Lawrence's tits. Based on the ample amount of opportunity given to me to watch them bounch, jiggle and be present in this movie I'm inclined to agree. If more attention was paid to ramping up intensity beyond bare minimum might have served the film better. I have no idea how people rate this film so highly.

Star Trek, Into Darkness - 9/10

Great fucking fun. I can understand why people who demand their characterisation occurs in quiet reflection and heaped into your lap might have issues but if you're able to keep up there's plenty going on behind the explosions. I really hope JJ is able to stay on and direct the voyages now they have started.

Edited by Khanivor at 18:30:00 19-05-2013
  • Deleted user 19 May 2013 19:41:02
    Post deleted
  • tuff 19 May 2013 19:45:41 621 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A Good Day to Die Hard
    43%

Sorry Bruce, I just found it all a bit boring.
  • Deleted user 19 May 2013 20:05:16
    Iron Man 3

I enjoyed the fuck out of it. They really have managed to expand the Marvel "Universe" to feel like the comics.

9/10
  • LionheartDJH 19 May 2013 20:24:19 19,295 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    End of Watch - 7/10

Liked the documentary filming style and it seemed quite realistic. Gylenhaal and Pena's relationship is very believable and some of their conversations are entertaining. Good tension throughout as it had an air of unpredictability. Enjoyable watch.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 19 May 2013 21:37:13
    The Rum Diary (2011) 9/10

Really enjoyed this. Set in Puerto Rico, the films looks colourful, and sounds great. Johnny Depp is good as Kemp, a reporter who drinks a fair amount. This reminded me a little of his role during Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Amber Heard looks stunning.

The cover somehow fails to reflect the vibe of the film. Luckily, the rear of the cover does a better job. The Dvd cover looks the same as this Blu-ray.

This cover does a superior job.
  • Kostabi 19 May 2013 21:41:19 4,660 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    tuff wrote:
    A Good Day to Die Hard
    43%

Agreed. It really is a shit sandwich. Some of the car stunts/smashes are well done but that accounts for about 5 minutes of the running time at most.
  • munki83 19 May 2013 21:45:26 1,332 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TechnoHippy its a decent film but the game is pants
  • BinaryBob101 19 May 2013 23:16:21 21,966 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    blacksea, you were quite normal before, what's happened?

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• Phattso Moderator 20 May 2013 02:43:30 12,722 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    This reminded me a little of his role during Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
    Would that be because he's playing the exact same character, do you think, or could there be another reason perhaps?
  • Deleted user 20 May 2013 07:36:02
    Phattso wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    Would that be because he's playing the exact same character, do you think, or could there be another reason perhaps?
    In that case he kinda failed, as the characters appear similar but not the same. Then again, I guess the guess went from heavy drinker to all out headcase.
  • thefilthandthefury 20 May 2013 07:43:00 24,901 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    tuff wrote:
    A Good Day to Die Hard
    43%

Agreed. It really is a shit sandwich. Some of the car stunts/smashes are well done but that accounts for about 5 minutes of the running time at most.
    I didn't HATE it... I mean, as a Die Hard film it was pretty terrible, but as a modern action film with Bruce Willis in it it was ok. It was part comedy, with his weird little quips every five seconds. I quite liked some of the shots as well.

Though why does he CONTINUOUSLY utter that he's on vacation? HE'S NOT EVEN ON VACATION!
  • Phattso Moderator 20 May 2013 07:56:30 12,722 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    In that case he kinda failed, as the characters appear similar but not the same. Then again, I guess the guess went from heavy drinker to all out headcase.
    Same character at different times in his life. Both movies are based on books by the same guy. I thought there was enough to tie the performances together.

Anyway, I can't stop here. This is bat country.
  • sirtacos 20 May 2013 11:04:38 7,205 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Blade Runner Director's Cut

I like the Final Cut much, much better. Even though most of the changes are subtle, they do add up to a superior movie in the end IMO.

The Final Cut is extremely hard to find on DVD, whereas it's the only version of the movie available on Blu Ray as far as I know. The Dir's Cut feels much more like a product of its time (the 80s, pretty much) than the Final Cut, which is more... timeless, I guess.

Anyway, despite its numerous flaws and cheesiness, it's still one of my favourite films ever.

Too bad it'll all be lost in time, like tears in rain.

8/10
  • DFawkes 20 May 2013 11:30:13 22,051 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Star Trek Into Darkness

Absolutely loved it. It's still more of a good old fashioned action blockbuster than proper Star Trek, but there's still warp cores and moral debates and all the stuff I know and love, even if it is turned down a bit to let the cool stuff shine. I quite liked the references to old Trek too like the shuttle they used being confiscated from Mudd :), and the humour was pretty good throughout.

it was well paced, the characters feel familiar without ever becoming parodies of the original actors and the villain of the film is pretty awesome. I certainly enjoyed it more the the first, which I also really liked. The only thing I'm not totally sold on is certain aspects of the plot were a bit too familiar where I'd have preferred this new Trek to walk its own path. But it doesn't get in the way of it being a good film.

9/10 (or 90%, if I go by the thread title)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deckard1 20 May 2013 11:32:12 25,406 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for the conversion at the end there fawkes. Saved me getting the calculator out.

Called it

• DFawkes 20 May 2013 11:34:13 22,051 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I couldn't leave you hanging, thinking I might've rounded it. What if it was an 86%? Or a 94%? I know that'd have kept you up at night.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• B0rked_Gamer 20 May 2013 11:44:24 1,858 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    Blade Runner Director's Cut

I like the Final Cut much, much better. Even though most of the changes are subtle, they do add up to a superior movie in the end IMO.

The Final Cut is extremely hard to find on DVD, whereas it's the only version of the movie available on Blu Ray as far as I know. The Dir's Cut feels much more like a product of its time (the 80s, pretty much) than the Final Cut, which is more... timeless, I guess.

Anyway, despite its numerous flaws and cheesiness, it's still one of my favourite films ever.

Too bad it'll all be lost in time, like tears in rain.

8/10
    What flaws and "cheesiness"?

/stern look
  • LockeTribal 20 May 2013 11:48:34 4,443 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Under The Hood - 6/10

I went to the World Premiere of this documentary last night at a local film festival, not as fancy as you might think. It concerns Belarus and the views of various Belarussians on their country, politics and their president. While I found the subject interesting, as in I didn't really know anything about Belarus and to see that it's basically a dictatorship was fairly shocking, the film itself was kind of boring. I think some narration would have helped it to be honest as the film moved between places and through time without much notice.

The Q&A session with one of the directors and the co-producer was quite enlightening though. Filming in Belarus is illegal, at the very least by foreigners, so all footage was shot on stills cameras and little keychain video recorders and they had to smuggle the recordings out via the Lithuanian embassy.

If nothing else it's given me more of an interest in Belarus.
  • RedSparrows 20 May 2013 13:08:29 20,752 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, Belarus is ruled by a total cunt.
  • Kostabi 20 May 2013 13:29:46 4,660 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Temple of Doom - 7.5/10

The first third is always my favourite as it feels like a 1930's James Bond but once they get to the village I just keep hoping the damsel in distress will hurry up and get murdered.
  • senso-ji 20 May 2013 16:35:53 5,303 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Conan The Barbarian

Utterly forgettable by the numbers action film where the producers spent all their money on stuntmen and had nothing left to hire a decent script writer. Jason Momoa is physically the right man for the role but lacks any kind of charisma or acting skills. I only stayed interested to the end thanks to Rachel Nichols' tits.

5/10

The Raid

Enjoyable action flick. I was surprised at how violent it was; martial arts movies don't usually end up with that much blood being spilled. Here's hoping we see more stuff like this to come out of Indonesia in the future.

8/10
  • Toonster 20 May 2013 17:15:46 6,821 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Star Trek Into Darkness - 7/10

The most expensive cheesy film I've ever watched. Full of flaws, but it's the stellar cast and characterisation that keeps the movie going.

Also, I'm marrying Alice Eve.

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• bad09 20 May 2013 19:50:57 5,504 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Total Recall (2012)

I love the Arnie one and knew this was different but that didn't bother me I was well up for a look but this film is total boredom. Dull script, mostly dull cast with Farrell as usual up front for the uninteresting actor awards and not even Walter White could save this utter waste of time. Very pretty CGI but with it enough lens flare to make JJ go "god damn, that's a lot of flare".

A film I'll gladly pay someone to help me not recall but it was so dull I won't need to thankfully. If you love the Arnie one stick with that, if hate the Arnie one still stick with that.

20% and that's for the CGI and 3 titties - which was so pointless and random here but it's 3 titties so who cares

Edited by bad09 at 19:51:30 20-05-2013
  • mrpon 20 May 2013 19:54:36 27,643 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Michael Clayton (UK Netflix)

Gripped from the opening five minutes in this tight thriller with a great supporting cast of Wilkinson, Pollack & Swinton with Clooney smouldering in the lead. Not a hirsuit derriere in sight.

8/10

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• StarchildHypocrethes 20 May 2013 19:55:49 24,558 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Surrogates - 6/10

Utterly predictable yet still weirdly enjoyable.
  • freaxgamer 20 May 2013 20:36:26 1,604 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hansel & Gretel 78% Rating

Kind of alright, and the missus really liked it.
  • khaz 20 May 2013 21:17:23 2,572 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Star Trek is cheesy, hammy as fuck, over extended, full of plot devices, terrible in parts, has way too much bloom, not to mention action, edited poorly, has somehow made Cumberbatch look like a terrible actor and was also woefully underused, the most interesthing about the film was removed within seconds - Klingons - and was generally not a very good film.

I loved every second of it.

Edited by khaz at 21:27:54 20-05-2013
  • Gruff 20 May 2013 21:27:16 2,770 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mmmmmmmm, Cheese and Ham

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Page

of 2585 First / Last