End of Watch
    7/10

Enjoyable.
  • CharlieStCloud 10 Feb 2013 09:22:02 5,029 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    Lawless is a 7, Lincoln is a 6, max.
    ... but Lincoln is a (much) better film than Lawless though so, your calculations are wrong!
  • Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2013 09:28:02 6,950 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, Lincoln was a much more convincing gangster than anyone in Lawless.
  • MadCaddy13 10 Feb 2013 09:33:09 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Fighter

Wahlberg wasn't up to much but bale was fantastic, he played that character to a tee.

• Gruff 10 Feb 2013 09:33:26 2,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    mal wrote:
    Is it night of the wronguns tonight, or something?
    This is why I get annoyed by this thread, why is it "night of the wrong uns". Yet you can spout a load of garbage page after page defending your precious critique. You arent film critics get over yourselves.
    Your comment lacked pathos and empathy, but reached a satisfyingly pointed conclusion

7/10

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2013 09:35:00 6,950 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I would have gone for a 6. It didn't have the panache of a true dialogue auteur.
  • Gruff 10 Feb 2013 09:37:32 2,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    Bla bla bla im a twat and this movie is shit because i found a tiny fault in it waaa waa fucking bla bla. Bla bla bla twatty condescending patronising guff, bla bla im a cunt bla bla bla. Twats.
    I say, steady on old chap :)

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2013 09:38:27 6,950 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    With all that overacting he should try for an Oscar.
  • megastar 10 Feb 2013 09:41:38 17,132 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Navy Seals

Its a shame really because it starts off okay but then quickly loses any purposeful direction and theres a lot of fannying about. There are moments of cheesy top gun esque brilliance but it would have benefitted a lot of trimming in the editing booth. Was surprised to discover it was only 113 minutes long- felt like longer.

Why did Charlie Sheens character not get court marshalled or some shit?

6/10
  • Mr-Brett 10 Feb 2013 09:41:58 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Some people have cinema season tickets.

Reason 2.
    We don't have those here, but ok. A film would still have to be very, very dire for me to walk out on it an hour in. But that's just me!
    We do, Cineworld offer a membership which is the same as a season ticket.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2013 09:45:22 6,950 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    mrpon wrote:

Reason 2.
    We don't have those here, but ok. A film would still have to be very, very dire for me to walk out on it an hour in. But that's just me!
    I live in Australia. Am fairly sure none of the big cinema chains here have anything like that.
  • Gruff 10 Feb 2013 09:51:27 2,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But you have Tim Tams so it does balance out!

― Agnes Repplier

• Mr-Brett 10 Feb 2013 09:56:01 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    mrpon wrote:

Reason 2.
    I live in Australia. Am fairly sure none of the big cinema chains here have anything like that.
    Sorry, I was assuming you were in the UK.

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2013 10:06:07 6,950 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    But you have Tim Tams so it does balance out!
    Yes, they are quite delicious. Especially tim tam straws with coffee.

@Mr-Brett

Yeah, no worries.

It really sucks to be a film-lover here. Prices are through the roof and we get some releases months after they've gone through the States. Flight, for example, comes out next week.

I just had two weeks in Paris, and there were 5 regular cinemas and 1 arthouse cinema within 5 minutes walking distance. It was heavenly.
  • Deleted user 10 February 2013 10:24:45
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    mrpon wrote:

Reason 2.
    Aye i had one when i was at uni. was great as many films as you like for 11.99 a month. Saw some really shit films but saw some that suprised me. well worth a membership.

However here in cornwall barely have a tv screen worth seeing films on. got to travel places to see films

Edited by joelstinton at 10:27:25 10-02-2013
  • Mr-Brett 10 Feb 2013 10:27:07 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought I had it bad living out in the sticks :)

• craigy Staff 10 Feb 2013 10:58:23 7,497 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm gutted to be cancelling my cineworld card next month -- impending baby means our regular trips to the cinema will be a thing of the past. Sniff! Until the nipper starts demanding to see Ice Age 13, that is.
  • sport 10 Feb 2013 11:04:30 12,522 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    I'm gutted to be cancelling my cineworld card next month -- impending baby means our regular trips to the cinema will be a thing of the past. Sniff! Until the nipper starts demanding to see Ice Age 13, that is.
    Just go to the afternoon "screamer session". Full of mums and babes.
  • Maturin 10 Feb 2013 11:50:56 2,889 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    The thing I miss most about being a parent is regular cinema trips. I used to have a monthly pass too. I rarely go now.

Though in fairness to my kids my erratic contact lenses make trips to the cinema a pain too these days. They can tell when I'm in a cinema and start playing up/
  • speedofthepuma 10 Feb 2013 12:16:11 13,266 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seeking a friend for the end of the world - 9/10

I really enjoyed this, despite Knightly being a bit annoying. The setting is fascinating and the sense of dread and panic is powerful early on. Caroll's ability to convey wildly different emotions through such calm facial expressions is rather impressive.

I imagine others will hate it (like my wife who stared shocked at me when I pronounced how much I just enjoyed it), but there you go.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• Gunzberg 10 Feb 2013 12:25:08 1,730 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zero Dark Thirty

Plods along 7/10

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• jonsaan 10 Feb 2013 12:41:20 25,326 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    Bla bla bla im a twat and this movie is shit because i found a tiny fault in it waaa waa fucking bla bla. Bla bla bla twatty condescending patronising guff, bla bla im a cunt bla bla bla. Twats.
    This complaint could be levelled at any thread on EG:) just change the wording a bit.

You could always, like, not come here?

FCUTA!

• Spanky 10 Feb 2013 12:42:27 14,458 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cloud Atlas, I think if I understood it better I'd mark it down further for being even more sentimental. 4/10. Looked nice, some amusing acting(especially from hanks). Far too long.

Plubs

• FWB 10 Feb 2013 12:47:18 43,802 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Of course all opinions but my own are null and void. The only time yours are valid is if you agree with me. Else you are always wrong. Just deal with it.
  • Blotto 10 Feb 2013 13:36:49 2,707 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    This complaint could be levelled at any thread on EG:) just change the wording a bit.

You could always, like, not come here?
    Yeah, this is the one type of comment that actually annoys me. The ones that go "You're all wankers in this thread" and then continues to post/lurk.

It's sad enough that we're all a bunch of lazy bastards who are either at work counting down the minutes or at home missing the opportunity to do something actually constructive, but if you don't even like doing it then quite frankly you need to take a pretty long look at yourself in the mirror, and then tell yourself to fuck off.

/rant over
  • TechnoHippy 10 Feb 2013 13:37:22 14,698 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blade Runner

One of my favourite films, it's a joy every time I watch it. The world it creates still looks great today. It's an interesting story that is well told.

Almost the perfect film for me.

10/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Mikeeeboy1 10 Feb 2013 13:47:49 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Zero Dark Thirty

Plods along 7/10
    This
    I felt I was watching a historical document than a film.
    Didn't find it gripping or exciting in any way just interesting.
    So 6.5/10
  • Page

of 2704 First / Last