of 2709 First / Last

• nickthegun 11 Dec 2012 17:52:08 58,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Isn't that Nolans next movie?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 11 December 2012 17:54:32
    I hear it's beingBWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAscored as we speak.
  • kalel 11 Dec 2012 17:55:04 86,392 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hear it's going to have an ambiguous ending and Tom Hardy is in it.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 17:58:13
    At some point Cillian Murphy will have a burlap bag placed over his head too.
  • CharlieStCloud 11 Dec 2012 18:20:02 5,077 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    meme wrote:
    I hear it's beingBWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAscored as we speak.
    What did you saBBBWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy...?
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 22:09:37
    Twilight - Breaking 2 Electric Boogaloo Part 2

Some of the worst acting I have ever seen in a major motion picture. A dire script. Terrible looking special effects to the point of being hilarious in a Syfy original movie type of way.

The weird CG amalgam daughter thing is one of the creepiest things I have ever witnessed.
  • Gambit1977 11 Dec 2012 22:21:50 9,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The house at the bottom of the street

Shame it wasn't round the corner and under the ground too.

Still, Jennifer Lawrence looks so hot with mascara on so all is forgiven.

Not quite though 3/10
  • Steve_Perry 11 Dec 2012 23:29:02 3,584 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ted.

Best cameo since zombieland. Some good gags but the overall story is pretty lame. Mila Kunis is a goddess.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• beastmaster 12 Dec 2012 00:01:31 11,183 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sightseers - 3/10

A colossal disappointment from the writer/director of Kill List.

I don't mind that the two main characters are grossly unlikable. I don't mind that the film wasn't as gory as it could have been. I don't even mind that the film wasn't as funny as it could have been. The problem that I had with this film is that it is just terribly dull.

The plot is about a couple who go away on a caravan holiday and start killing people. On their journey, they meet more unlikable people and kill them. Then it ends, not in the way I expected but I should have guessed.

The best bits are in the trailer (no pun intended). A few great one liners and a couple of good kills liven up the mundane plot here and there. It does liven up a bit towards the end and I started to enjoy myself a little bit more. But not much.

I was really looking forward to seeing this and it just didn't deliver at all. Except for the ending. Anyone who's seen Down Terrace and the utterly magnificent Kill List will know that Ben Wheatley's films have hammer-blow endings. On that side of things, this film delivers.

This will be on Film 4 soon enough (as they part funded it). I'd avoid it even on that. What a shame.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• sirtacos 12 Dec 2012 04:16:27 7,268 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Twilight Samurai

My favourite samurai film ever.

9/10

edit: SYNOPSIS - a low-ranking samurai works hard to support his family. Despite being a samurai, his daily duties involve being a sort of accountant for his clan.

He abhors violence - not because he's a pacifist, but because violence has a tendency to kill people, and he doesn't want to leave his daughters without a provider.

BUT of course stuff happens and Mr. Samurai is called on to use his rusty skills to kill.

Don't expect katanas chopping limbs left and right. It's mostly a character study of Twilight, the titular Samurai. It's also about the tension between individuality (Twilight, unlike the people that surround him, can think for himself), familial devotion, and the demands of a rigidly codified existence in Japanese society.

It's a good story is what I'm saying.

There are two fights, and they are tense and beautifully choreographed. So there's violence, and it is good.

Edited by sirtacos at 09:36:19 12-12-2012
  • LeoliansBro 12 Dec 2012 07:58:56 43,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This tells me nothing about the film.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• sirtacos 12 Dec 2012 09:15:19 7,268 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Except that it's good and contains samurai?

Fixed. Now it tells you things.

Edited by sirtacos at 09:32:45 12-12-2012
  • Deckard1 12 Dec 2012 09:32:17 27,197 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah just watch it if you haven't already. Its the tits.
  • Beetroot_Bertie 12 Dec 2012 10:55:04 291 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you've not seen it already, you might also like 'The Hidden Blade', directed by the same fella.
  • nickthegun 12 Dec 2012 10:56:11 58,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My mate came round last night. What do you want to do? Lets watch the new Batman. Uhm….. ok….

So for the second time in as many weeks I watched TDKR, this time even more dispassionately than the last. Here are the bullet points:

-What is wrong with Christian Bale? He played john connor and had less screen time than sam Worthington and in this he has less time than JGL. Its absolutely insane. Batwayne is relegated to a supporting character in his own story.

-The editing is crazy. It cuts off mid movement, mid sentence, mid everything.

-The sound is crazy

-There are easily as many plotholes as Prometheus

-There are easily as many people who make insane decisions and leaps of logic as Prometheus

-I cheered, again, when Crispin Glover died. Although him standing, legs akimbo, like Frank Drebin is still a highlight. EDIT: Its not crispin glover. Matthew Modine has morphed into him.

-The revelation at the end relegates Bane to just another gimp and having him meet his fate like that was just horrible and somewhat flippant. It really sours the entire movie for me. Hes a good baddie but for the last 10 minutes, he is just the green idiot from batman and robin

-The revelatory back story isn’t shocking because your mind is searching for something to make sense of the idiocy that preceeded it, thanks to Tom Conte. ‘So.. if Bane escaped as a child, how did he get those scars that the doctor treated? Did he get thrown back in?’ You already know that story is either bullshit or a plotting error

-The police go from using crack commando tactics to charging headlong into a killzone like a bunch of mongs in the space of 2 minutes

-Why the fuck does bruce keep trusting cat woman when she has repeatedly let him down? All the ‘good heart’ stuff happens when he isn’t on screen (which is a lot)

-Its nice of him to set JGL up to die, sending him out onto the streets with no ninja training or billions of dollars to fall back on. It is, however, nice to think there will eventually be a batman who is actually a decent detective, rather than being a fucking moron.

-It was nice to see his knee cartilage grow back in prison. Tom Conte is an utter genius.

I know most of that has been covered ad nauseum but it really, *really* jumps out at you on a third watch to the point that its almost unwatchable. The gaffs and utter idiocy continually draw you out of the moment.

5/10

Edited by nickthegun at 11:17:30 12-12-2012

He totally called it

• kalel 12 Dec 2012 11:03:30 86,392 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Um, you do realise that's Mathew Modine and not Crispin Glover yes?
  • Gambit1977 12 Dec 2012 11:09:59 9,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I thought I was going mad and wondered who Crispin Glover played in it! Funnily enough via the power of google, I saw he was linked with The Joker way back when.
  • oceanmotion 12 Dec 2012 11:14:18 15,662 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not forgetting, awful fight scenes, the death scene, clean as a whistle cops for 6 months underground. The whole pit part. Gordon and the bomb. The speech, bomb with a timer. The flaming Bat logo. Standing high on a landmark for what reason..

The film is just so bad. Hard to imagine them doing it that badly but they did. Maybe they couldn't be arsed with another one and wanted it out the way so they could do something else.
  • nickthegun 12 Dec 2012 11:16:17 58,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I could have sworn its crispin glover. Point still stands about the frank drebin stance though.

He totally called it

• nickthegun 12 Dec 2012 11:18:57 58,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, the ice. its thin enough to be used as an execution device until you set fire to it, then its thick enough to support a well built man in body armour.

He totally called it

• Oh-Bollox 12 Dec 2012 11:19:35 5,164 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    Twilight Samurai

My favourite samurai film ever.

9/10
    Ace film. See also: When The Last Sword Is Drawn, The Hidden Blade, Hara-Kiri, etc.
  • LeoliansBro 12 Dec 2012 11:24:40 43,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Making Gotham inherently explosive by building it out of special concrete.

The complex, technologically advanced and superslick Batcave build in secret by one man and his elderly butler.

The fact that Bane takes Gotham and then everyone kind of gets on with things in a post-apocalyptic way. No intervention from the US Government, all you need to stymy their plans is a moat apparently.

MORE pedestrian fight scenes, comically bad to the point where the Batman and Catwoman stroll through the subway made Burton's Batman look the more realistic.

Bane watching Gordon be flushed away and saying he'll never be found, and then the VERY NEXT SHOT is JGL immediately finding him.

Bane's plan depending on every policeman going underground at once.

I've touched on all the other awful stuff, like the stock exchance ridiculousness already.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kalel 12 Dec 2012 11:56:31 86,392 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    I thought I was going mad and wondered who Crispin Glover played in it! Funnily enough via the power of google, I saw he was linked with The Joker way back when.
    And in Full Metal Jacket, Modine's character is called Joker!

Nice to see him back in films again, although he was wasted in this, but hopefully he'll have a resurgence now and Cutthroat Island won't have totally destroyed his carrer after all.
  • Deckard1 12 Dec 2012 12:03:00 27,197 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I always get a slightly noncey geography teacher vibe from him. I bet his breath always smells of coffee.
  • nickthegun 12 Dec 2012 12:07:30 58,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking back now. I cant believe I thought it was crispin glover. Three times ive seen that fucking film..

Anyway.. he did get a bad pick. i don’t think the film needed a stupid chief. Gordon was perfectly capable of sending all the police down into the sewers by himself and any generic cop could have prioritised Batman over Bane in the chase.

They managed to make him so hateful and his redemption so ridiculous that the character is just destroyed.

Edited by nickthegun at 12:08:34 12-12-2012

He totally called it

• Gambit1977 12 Dec 2012 12:33:14 9,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @nickthegun never mind his terrible death

They're all terrible in it! :lol:
  • nickthegun 12 Dec 2012 12:44:20 58,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, and Gordon coming out of the metal trailer, that was just shot at, swerved about, dropped off a 30 foot ledge and contained a 2 ton nuclear bomb, without a scratch on him.

He totally called it

• tincanrocket 12 Dec 2012 12:52:12 2,905 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Lucas claims the whole 1,412 episodes of Star Wars were written before the original trilogy came out, so is the "prequel" trilogy not actually prequels?
    Disney's lawyers fixed this for you.

No need to thank us
  • JuanKerr 12 Dec 2012 12:53:57 36,202 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nolan's got an incredible knack of making films that seem to be great when you see them for the first time, but gradually get worse the more you think about them.

Forget second viewings too - I really enjoyed Inception at the cinema, but rented it when it came out on DVD and it had suddenly turned dogshit.
  • RedSparrows 12 Dec 2012 12:57:32 22,061 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My views of Nolan entirely. I wouldn't say I think any of his films are shit, but repeated viewings have worn my opinion down enormously.
  • Page

of 2709 First / Last