I've been robbed!

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • monkeymagic 7 Oct 2007 09:42:01 274 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Woke up early this morning to watch the Chinese grand prix (don't ask) only to find that my Wii, 360 and PS3 were all gone. Some twat came through the window and took them all, whilst me and the missus were downstairs asleep. Bastards.

Anyway, if I remember correctly i read a thread on here about a thief getting nabbed trying to use a stolen 360, as the serial number had been reported, or something like that. However I can't find the Serial number on the box anywhere, and wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. PC Plod came round just now, took loads of numbers from the box, then started to interrogate me on the strengths of the PS3! I don't think he understands how shit this is!
  • smoothpete 7 Oct 2007 09:45:52 31,484 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goddamn, that's terrible luck. And of course they took your mink coats and diamonds too right?
  • caligari 7 Oct 2007 09:46:00 17,022 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ouch. Sorry to hear about that, Monkey.

I'm guessing you can get this back on insurance?
  • kentmonkey 7 Oct 2007 09:53:33 20,565 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have you got receipts still? Not trying to scare you but I think you will need receipts to prove you had them.

That's really bad news though mate, really feel for you.
  • Pirotic Moderator 7 Oct 2007 09:53:35 20,646 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    that sucks :( any save games your going to miss? hopefully they'll finger print the guy on a window and you'll get it all back.
  • monkeymagic 7 Oct 2007 09:55:19 274 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Insurance!? Never heard of it! I have absolutely no idea why I'm suddenly quite chirpy about it all. I was completely gob smacked when I found my stand, naked and bare. Didn't even bother taking the wires. The remote censor for the Wii is still stuck to the telly. (Which is thankfully a tad too big to go out the window)

This is what I get for living in south London. Thankfully I was wearing my mink coat in bed so cheers pete :).
  • monkeymagic 7 Oct 2007 09:59:06 274 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But ahem, are the serial keys kept on the box? Or is the mighty himself taunting me because i never wrote them down?
  • Jeepers 7 Oct 2007 10:04:58 13,174 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry to hear that fella - that's a sod.

I wouldn't worry too much about receipts for the consoles - the last time I made an insurance claim, I just had to list what was robbed (or, in this case, burnt to a cinder in a bizarre car-catching-fire incident) and Endsleigh paid up with no faff.

Hope you get it sorted.
  • Poorandugly 7 Oct 2007 10:13:15 553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Remember to block your credit card if you had the details in your xbox live-account...
  • morriss 7 Oct 2007 10:15:41 70,928 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucker.
  • kentmonkey 7 Oct 2007 10:16:31 20,565 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Poorandugly wrote:
    Remember to block your credit card if you had the details in your xbox live-account...

Very, very good point.
  • Poorandugly 7 Oct 2007 10:17:43 553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Fucker.

Huh? Me?
  • morriss 7 Oct 2007 10:18:15 70,928 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, the bloke who robbed him.

Why on earth would it be directed at you?
  • Poorandugly 7 Oct 2007 10:21:00 553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah. Well, you never know... :)
  • Kostabi 7 Oct 2007 10:22:22 4,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God damn, that sucks hairy balls.

Were the three consoles the only things taken?
  • steellam 7 Oct 2007 10:23:11 1,045 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some utter cunts broke in my house whilst me and the missus slept last year, rifles thru my house and stole 2 laptops and other electrical goodies and made off with my car using the keys :S

Worst bit was settling down to sleep but strangely only on the same day of the week it happened, Sunday.

Ok after a few months tho.

Fleecing the insurance diddnt make me feel much better either :(
  • monkeymagic 7 Oct 2007 10:33:40 274 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The consoles and the girlfriends Creative Zen, which shes pretty choked about. They took all the remotes for the telly, but left the SKY box. We also don't have insurance, as i'm just a student.... and students are stupid. I'm hoping that our landlord has some kind of content insurance as part of the home insurance. Its a pipe dream i'm sure... still lesson learned etc.
  • deem 7 Oct 2007 10:38:16 31,641 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Have you got receipts still? Not trying to scare you but I think you will need receipts to prove you had them.

Nah, you don't need receipts for anything if you get burgled.

• monkeymagic 7 Oct 2007 10:42:39 274 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    i think you need insurance though, they won't just give it back to me... will they?
  • smoothpete 7 Oct 2007 10:53:06 31,484 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    deem wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:

We had to make a claim a few months ago after some stuff was nicked from our garage, the insurance company wanted proof of ownership of the stuff, like receipts or photos etc which we didn't hae for most of it. After a few "discussions" with them they accepted our word and processed the full claim. It would have been a much quicker process if we'd had receipts but in the end it didn't matter
  • Sid-Nice 7 Oct 2007 11:59:48 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Another word for an arsehole is the opportunist thief; the thick bastard that has stolen your property will need all of the necessary cables and connections to sell the consoles on, unless he'll be dealing with a dodgy second hand shop. Did he leave the power supply units? If so he’ll need a PS3 power cable and HDMI lead, a Wii PSU, component cable and sensor bar, an Xbox 360 PSU and component lead, just get things running.

Have you had any undesirables around your home of late? Maybe the culprit might have the audacity to say "If you no longer have any need for those cables and leads I'll take them off your hands."

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 7 October 2007 12:03:41
    smoothpete wrote:
    deem wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:

We had to make a claim a few months ago after some stuff was nicked from our garage, the insurance company wanted proof of ownership of the stuff, like receipts or photos etc which we didn't hae for most of it. After a few "discussions" with them they accepted our word and processed the full claim. It would have been a much quicker process if we'd had receipts but in the end it didn't matter

I think they do that to try and unnerve people making false claims. There was something on the news recently about DHSS trialling a voice stress program (lie detector) 'used commonly in the insurance industry' to try and detect people making false claims. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they pad the process out to get a better set of data from the claimant so they can decide whether to flag em as suspicious.

Bad luck on the theft tho man.
  • Xerx3s 7 Oct 2007 12:24:24 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He only took your consoles? Surely he would take other stuff as well. :/
  • monkeymagic 7 Oct 2007 12:30:35 274 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah thats the crazy thing! All the wires are still there. He took all the controllers (the girlfriend had just tidied them into a box next to the T.V) And her Zen was on the table so he took that. Everything else is fine. The TV stand looks like its just had an operation. The leads are just dangling all over it.

Glad my PC is in the second bedroom, as it looked like he didn't have the balls to leave the living room, which is just by the street.
    I don't know what i would have done if he had made off with my FM2007 save game...

• thefilthandthefury 7 Oct 2007 12:34:45 24,983 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Search for the bloke with a dodgy back. If he can carry a 360 and a PS3 he's got to have some new medical issues.

On a serious note... shit! Can't believe that. I hope everything gets sorted out for you mate.
  • Stormflood 7 Oct 2007 12:38:24 2,263 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glad you're keeping a calm head. I would still gladly kill the guy that stole everything from my flat 10 years ago. I just want to hear that he died horribly, or his life is utterly shit.
  • Deleted user 7 October 2007 12:48:36
    ToonMonkey wrote:
    They're basically cunts and stupid. Mindless as well, as its little profit for them and dead harsh on you.
    It'll probably afford the cunt a few days worth of smack, then he'll knock over some othr poor unfortunate sod's house.

I really feel for you, monkeymagic, and hope that some speedy insurance compensation allows you to get out to the shops quick smart and try to get over this with a bit of retail therapy replacing the stuff you lost with newer, shinier versions.

• RichGL 7 Oct 2007 13:01:14 793 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stormflood wrote:
    Glad you're keeping a calm head. I would still gladly kill the guy that stole everything from my flat 10 years ago. I just want to hear that he died horribly, or his life is utterly shit.

I'd imagine that people who have a great life with no problems probably don't turn to crime.
  • Lyingarden 7 Oct 2007 13:22:55 358 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah man, that's terrible!

It can't have been easy managing to get all three consoles, and for some scummy fuck like that to take it all away. Hope the cunt gets what he deserves.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Oct 2007 13:27:40 23,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shit man, that's horrible. Especially since you were in the house when it happened. Really hope they find the bastard who did it, or he gets run over by a car, whichever comes first.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous