Halo 4 Page 147

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• MatMan562 12 Dec 2012 15:38:04 2,510 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think EG got it right about the new map-pack when they said that all the maps are perfectly fine but none of them really stand out as being great maps. Are they all now in the standard playlists as well or are they confined to the dlc playlist?

I did the 4th level solo on Legendary the other day, it was the first mission I did in one sitting (I usually get frustrated and have to leave and come back to it) and the only part I found particularly hard was the defending the area with all the turrets dotted around. I was really surprised that I only died twice during the Mantis section and the second time I died was only because I knew i'd respawn where I just did. I think the key is to just play it as though you're not in a giant machine, hanging back and making sure your shields get charged often.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• monty2k 12 Dec 2012 15:48:18 243 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MatMan562

All the DLC maps are in the regular playlists, I'm sure I've encountered Harvest in SWAT and Infinity Slayer.

EDIT - Found this on the latest halo waypoint bulletin:

"The following Crimson maps will be added into these existing playlists:
    • Infinity Slayer – Harvest
    • Big Team Infinity Slayer – Wreckage and Shatter
    • Dominion – Shatter
    • Capture the Flag – Harvest and Wreckage
    • SWAT – Harvest
    • Team Slayer Pro – Harvest"

Edited by monty2k at 15:51:39 12-12-2012
  • MatMan562 12 Dec 2012 16:10:07 2,510 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ahh! Thanks for that monty2k! Bit of a shame there isn't more for SWAT, as thats probably my favourite, but I guess the other maps are too big for 4v4.

With this map pack seemingly focused on 6v6 would it be likely the next two will be 4v4 and 8v8 focused? Personally, I don't really have a favourite game size (my two favourite modes are SWAT and Big Team Battle) but I can imagine that would be a good way of dealing with the dlc for those that do.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• oceanmotion 12 Dec 2012 16:19:14 16,001 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    I think Harvest is the only new map I like. And that too for only CTF. Kinda glad I got the map pack in the MS fuck up cause I would have been a little pissed if I had paid for it. Got bored of them and went back to normal maps pretty soon.

They need to get extraction as a non DLC playlist.
    Did you not read the latest PR. 343 are hilariously bad at this.

Link

Many of you participated in our “14 Day - Buy and Play” program, a special offer that granted early access to six Specializations. As part of that program, we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time (through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT). At that time, the complimentary limited access to the Crimson Map Pack will close, and “14 Day - Buy and Play” program participants will no longer be able to access the content for online play (please note anybody who has already purchased the Crimson Map Pack or owns the Halo 4 Map Pass or Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends).

If you enjoy the new maps and would like to continue playing on them after that date, the Crimson Map Pack can be purchased through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 MS Points, or via purchase of the War Games Map Pass. We hope you’re enjoying the special Crimson Map Pack preview, and we’ll see you on the (new!) virtual battlefields.
    They actually think people will believe that was the case from the start.

Honesty goes a long way, pity 343 have zero.

Microsoft have truly sucked the soul out, just a corporate machine now. Not fair to hate on the staff, don't know how hand tied they are, kinda feel sorry for them, great IP and true colours of Microsoft polluting every aspect. I think they are going to have one hell of a staff turn over with horror stories of development culture and series direction.
  • sanctusmortis 12 Dec 2012 16:55:18 9,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AFAIK, that comes from MS, not 343. Yeah, they screwed up bad, and then did this. I assume that, having bought the War Games pass, at the end mine just stays?
  • Petulant_Radish 12 Dec 2012 17:29:05 626 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What happened with the map packs? Must have missed all of this in my Halo rage the other day where I kept dying just after my commute home. It was not the relaxing welcome home I had imagined, master chief didn't even have the dinner on or anything.
  • sanctusmortis 12 Dec 2012 20:03:11 9,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RE the Map Packs:

So, the passes didn't work, and so the only way to get them was to pay the 800MSP. MS admitted it was their fault, and in a vain attempt to fix it added a thing where the maps were free if you opened the store on the main menu. Problem was, everyone did that, even the people who hadn't paid in any way. So, now they're saying it's a "free trial" and on the 18th they'll revoke it if you don't pay.
  • matrim83 12 Dec 2012 20:19:03 5,589 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LOL so they are pretending they planned it all along? Bullshit. I am guessing they are doing that so they can lock it out from people who got it for free. Otherwise they couldnt really take it away, could they?

Fine by me. I have absolutely no intention of buying this map pack. Especially after having tried it and seen how awfully bland it is. I got bored of it in a couple of hours.

Edited by matrim83 at 20:20:29 12-12-2012

Valar morghulis.

• DFawkes 12 Dec 2012 20:55:30 23,344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm betting when the "trial" gets revokes a lot of Map Pass owners will see their maps disappear as well. I do hope I'm wrong, of course. They're alright. Bit unremarkable, but playable enough.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• altitude2k 12 Dec 2012 21:04:32 4,568 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wonder if the achievements will be revoked somehow?

Shatter is pretty unremarkable, but Wreckage is generally good fun andI quite enjoy KotH on Harvest.
  • Nades 12 Dec 2012 21:27:59 1,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Does anyone know when they'll put objective in BTB?
    Also, I downloaded the maps last night, I think they're good, but want more arena based maps not vehicle.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• sanctusmortis 12 Dec 2012 21:33:38 9,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    Does anyone know when they'll put objective in BTB?
    Also, I downloaded the maps last night, I think they're good, but want more arena based maps not vehicle.
    Sadly, AFAIK never. There's a limit on how many playlists they can have, and they say it's better this way.
  • Nades 12 Dec 2012 22:29:07 1,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @sanctusmortis
    Well they could put objective into the BTB playlist they don't need a separate playlist for it :( ....

Liverpool FC
    _______

• chadstar 13 Dec 2012 00:45:36 1 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why have eurogamer not done a piece on the fact that europe are actually being screwed by 343i with this whole specialization fiasco.

I haven't played Halo 4 multiplayer for nearly 2 weeks now because Im level 69 and will soon reach level 70 at which point I wont be able to level up because the next 6 specializations are locked, this on its own is crap when you think of the wasted xp beyond level 70 that you will gain but coupled with the fact that all territories outside europe qualified to receive codes that unlock the remaining specializations as long as they played the game before 20NOV on xbox live is an absolute joke.

Please eurogamer get in touch with 343i regarding this issue because they dont give any indication as to why europe was not eligable to receive the said codes nor do they give a time frame on when the specializations will be unlocked for all.

I want to buy the new maps for Halo 4 because I enjoy playing the multiplayer but this whole level cap scenario is preventing me and Im sure many more europeans from doing so.
  • RedSparrows 13 Dec 2012 08:38:19 23,298 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yet another reason why XP is shit.
  • kinky_mong 13 Dec 2012 12:37:18 10,438 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    chadstar wrote:
    Why have eurogamer not done a piece on the fact that europe are actually being screwed by 343i with this whole specialization fiasco.
    Because they're not unemployed and haven't hit the level cap 6 weeks after the game was released?

Anyway, if you've played it so much and enjoyed it why does a bar not going up any more spoil your enjoyment?

Edited by kinky_mong at 12:38:24 13-12-2012

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• RedSparrows 13 Dec 2012 15:21:04 23,298 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Yet another reason why XP is shit.
  • DFawkes 13 Dec 2012 15:29:22 23,344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    XP isn't necessarily a bad thing, but really caring about it is rather silly and easily fixed by not caring. It's easy to do, this not caring lark.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• barchetta 13 Dec 2012 18:02:34 1,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yet to play any online MP yet but nabbing the MK.IV armour set having finished Legendary Solo made me the envy of my kids!
  • oceanmotion 13 Dec 2012 18:24:47 16,001 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    XP just makes the game a grind and a chore even if you don't care. You can ignore it but XP still has teeth firmly in the game. Do they think people will stop playing because they can't unlock some armour or even worse, icons that 343 now locked. Games are successful because they offer good game play, not some shit XP tree.

Hijacked a Banshee last night from the mancannon. Was cool.
  • altitude2k 13 Dec 2012 19:37:39 4,568 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    XP just makes the game a grind and a chore even if you don't care. You can ignore it but XP still has teeth firmly in the game. Do they think people will stop playing because they can't unlock some armour or even worse, icons that 343 now locked. Games are successful because they offer good game play, not some shit XP tree.

Hijacked a Banshee last night from the mancannon. Was cool.
    Good work, soldier!
  • sanctusmortis 13 Dec 2012 20:25:10 9,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I made a guy suicide his Banshee recently. It was great.
  • altitude2k 13 Dec 2012 20:27:41 4,568 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Driving a Warthog with an enemy gunner into the sea on Ragnarok never gets old!
  • Nades 13 Dec 2012 21:47:05 1,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    True skill was way better than XP only.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• RedSparrows 13 Dec 2012 22:06:51 23,298 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not XP only, that's clear: you get guests matched up against people at 80+.

There is skill-based matching, it just isn't as explicit/geared as the (totally boostable) numbers of Halo 3.
  • sanctusmortis 14 Dec 2012 12:58:00 9,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just played an SR130 with a K/D of 3:1 in matchmaking.
  • altitude2k 14 Dec 2012 17:09:35 4,568 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Just played an SR130 with a K/D of 3:1 in matchmaking.
    I have plenty of games on my record with at least a 3:1 advantage. Unfortunately I have plenty that swing in entirely the opposite direction...
  • spamdangled 14 Dec 2012 17:22:35 27,413 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As a seasn pass holder, I'm a bit confused by all this stuff around the map pack.

Can I just download it for free from the main menu?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• DFawkes 14 Dec 2012 17:36:28 23,344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes. The link to the Marketplace should show it as free when you open it up from the Main Menu :)

Edited by DFawkes at 17:36:51 14-12-2012

• spamdangled 14 Dec 2012 17:39:14 27,413 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers!

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Page

of 173 First / Last