Halo 4 Page 126

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• urban 20 Nov 2012 23:58:40 10,923 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    First impressions of the multiplayer only: Supreme! I've played all the Halo's at friends or at LANS and this seems to click a easier with me. It's faster, it's more tactile and above all...I'm winning more duels.

I was about to complain about lag but I've just noticed I've had Utorrent running. D'oh.

No negatives so far!
  • BryanAKADJ 21 Nov 2012 01:20:03 284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Played some of the campaign for a while then got kicked off the TV, I enjoyed it, graphics are good, great gameplay, playing on Heroic by myself. Good fun.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Deleted user 21 November 2012 09:37:47
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Just happened to me too. Fantastic.
    At least I managed to remember my set ups so it wasn't too much of a hardship.

Anyone getting on with the carbine? Not seeing much love for it online.
    It's got no stopping power and is beaten by both the DMR and the BR. A shame because I'd like to use it. Most of the guns are pointless in this, as was always going to be the case.
  • L_Franko Moderator 21 Nov 2012 10:00:34 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Carbine is weaker this time round, it takes a few more hits to kill I believe. I see someone using one every now and then but it is being left behind for the DMRs and BRs.

Had a game last night and got shoved into a game with players being at least level 40 and the highest a lv77. I've just unlocked lv20 so I was expecting to get slapped around a bit but I ended up highest scorer. Proof that just because someone is a higher rank than you in this game does not mean they are going to be brilliant at it.
  • Buztafen 21 Nov 2012 10:01:18 16,064 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished on Legendary monday night, great experience. I don't know if it was as enjoyable as Reach's campaign but it was undeniably Halo through and through.

As others have mentioned there were a couple of choke points, the respawning crawler bridge can fuck off...and anywhere with more than 4 Knights at once needed a strategy forming first but in general it was well balanced in my opinion.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, on Legendary the chief comes across more like deadly assassin, someone the covenant whisper about, wondering if he's actually real before they get their necks snapped or a shotgun to the face.

By the end when working my way up to the Big Bad i was Wrecking Ball Chief darting between cover, closing the gap between Knights before shoving a Scattershot down their throats.

One thing that surprised me was the low power of the binary rifle. When i got my hands on it for the first time i thought i'd be able to burn a hole through any Knights i came up against...it was next to useless against them. 2 shots to the face did nothing, then by the time you've reloaded they were in cover recharging their shields. The Incineration cannon on the other hand...room cleanser!

Anyway great game and loving multiplayer. Not played Spartan Ops though but it's apparently pretty good.
  • Deleted user 21 November 2012 10:04:16
    On legendary the knights do take a lot of punishment. I think the binary rifle knights took three shots to the head, with said gun.

More like analogue rifle, amirite?!

Edited by AdamAsunder at 10:04:48 21-11-2012
  • Deleted user 21 November 2012 10:09:16
    Buztafen wrote:

Anyway great game and loving multiplayer. Not played Spartan Ops though but it's apparently pretty good.
    Starts off slow but is fantastic now, more epic than the campaign.
  • Buztafen 21 Nov 2012 10:10:02 16,064 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    On legendary the knights do take a lot of punishment. I think the binary rifle knights took three shots to the head, with said gun.

More like analogue rifle, amirite?!
    That sounds about right. I got a couple using a binary 2 shot and light rifle combo but they're such cowardly gits they head for cover as soon as someone farts in their general direction. I usually went for a rifle/"i like to keep this handy...for close encounters" weapon combo.

Wandering happily through a level and being one shot by a binary knight or crawler from a kilometer away was a tad annoying.

Edited by Buztafen at 10:12:11 21-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 21 Nov 2012 10:22:35 22,030 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Considering Spartan Ops has no story of any merit, reuses environments and feels a bit patchy, I consider it Firefight with objectives.

Had epic games with Jive last night. Went beserk on a KotH on Haven. Sticky detonator FTMFW.

Edited by RedSparrows at 10:23:08 21-11-2012
  • Lukus 21 Nov 2012 10:26:14 18,996 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After mostly trudging through the preceding levels I've got on to the Halo level, and it's suddenly got really good... What took them so long?

Paintings & Photographs

• RedSparrows 21 Nov 2012 10:27:12 22,030 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Which Halo level?!
  • Buztafen 21 Nov 2012 10:34:42 16,064 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The one where you're on the science facility orbiting Installation 3?
  • RedSparrows 21 Nov 2012 10:44:22 22,030 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I guess so. I really liked that one too.
  • kinky_mong 21 Nov 2012 11:46:46 9,958 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    Does anyone know when they're putting in the classic playlist?
    I hope soon, I'm a bit pissed that there's no straight FFA mode, just Regicide. Or as I like to call it "Lead for the whole match then end second because someone killed you in the last few seconds for a massive bonus".

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• binky Moderator 21 Nov 2012 11:57:05 9,437 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @kinky_mong Didn't a FFA mode go up this week?
  • Lukus 21 Nov 2012 13:52:41 18,996 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    The one where you're on the science facility orbiting Installation 3?
    Yeah that one! It's great, and shows how lacking the preceding levels are in comparison.

Paintings & Photographs

• Buztafen 21 Nov 2012 14:07:27 16,064 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    binky wrote:
    If this is true i cant wait for Halo Thursday!
  • Buztafen 21 Nov 2012 14:26:39 16,064 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Question, someone mentioned there was a clip of the original Halo music in a cutscene at the end of the level called 'Infinity'. Is that true, because when the cutscene played for me i had no music what so ever? Could've been a glitch.
  • psychokitten Moderator 21 Nov 2012 14:36:13 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We played FFA during Halo Monday but I didn't know if it was a proper (public) playlist or not
  • L_Franko Moderator 21 Nov 2012 14:50:16 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I used to love FFA in Halo 3. Rather suprised they didn't include the game type for day one as it is always a popular choice.
  • kinky_mong 21 Nov 2012 15:21:48 9,958 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    binky wrote:
    I only noticed Team Snipers from this week's update. I played it once to remind myself why I always avoided it on Reach.

• oceanmotion 21 Nov 2012 15:28:30 15,651 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Onto the last level on my legendary run. The flying part was a lot more fun this time around, recommend giving it another go if you didn't like it.

I've been more comfortable as the campaign went on, enemies are not too hard if you approach with the right weapons. I think later levels are easier though, yet to get to the infinite crawler bridge so may eat those words.
  • Buztafen 21 Nov 2012 15:38:05 16,064 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just had a light rifle and suppressor at the infinite crawler part on my play through. It took some very accurate and sometimes flukey headshots on the crawlers to clear enough of them in time to get past that part.
  • oceanmotion 21 Nov 2012 15:46:08 15,651 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm thinking a sentry would be handy if I find one.
  • Buztafen 21 Nov 2012 15:52:47 16,064 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Possibly, though it depends how powerful the blasts are and if they can headshot or not.

I got very angry at the blue lasers cortana activates to 'help you out'. They literally did nothing. A full blast wouldn't even take out 1 crawler!

Edited by Buztafen at 15:53:28 21-11-2012
  • Deleted user 21 November 2012 16:47:39
    Nice article: http://www.polycount.com/2012/11/20/the-environment-art-of-halo-4/
  • Vortex808 21 Nov 2012 16:50:45 6,947 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    I'm thinking a sentry would be handy if I find one.
    There is one on that level, I found one on the way there as it was quite handy at keeping the crawlers at bay. That was on Heroic though, I have yet to start my legendary run and dread that particular section on the bridge.
  • SomaticSense 21 Nov 2012 19:17:03 7,959 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    After mostly trudging through the preceding levels I've got on to the Halo level, and it's suddenly got really good... What took them so long?
    In all the proper Halo games there have been at least a few levels that really stood out, that have become definitive Halo experiences, for me anyway.

CE: Halo, Cartographer, Control Room, Two Betrayals
    H2: High Charity, Delta Halo
    H3: Tsavo Highway, The Storm, The Ark, The Covenant
    Reach: Tip of the Spear, Solace, Pillar of Autumn

This though has barely any of the epic feel the series has been known for to this point. It's just treks down linear path after linear path shooting Covies and Promeatheans, with nothing like any of the epic Scarab takedowns from Halo 3 or the large scale illusion of non-linearity of Long Night of Solace from Reach. The Reclaimer possibly comes close, but that's all I can really remember about the campaign. And seeing as I finished this game's campaign last week and haven't played Reach for over a year, that's got to mean something surely.

The MP though is easily the best of the series so far. Like the best bits of Halo 3 and Reach fused together. Take out the voting system and it'll be all I've ever play.

Edited by SomaticSense at 19:20:31 21-11-2012
  • DUFFKING 21 Nov 2012 20:27:43 7,091 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I just had one of those kills where I spent the rest of the match wanting to watch it again in theater just to see if it was as good as it felt. And it was glorious. Pinned down without shields behind a rock on Vortex, hear jetpacks activate, step back, flick my aim up and no scope the guy right in the face. And he did a nice backflip to boot.
  • kinky_mong 21 Nov 2012 20:58:47 9,958 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

• Page

of 173 First / Last