Halo 4 Page 117

  • Page

    of 173 First / Last

  • RedSparrows 16 Nov 2012 11:06:17 20,753 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:


    And what's with this game's ridiculous amount of accidental shoulder barging and shoving into enemy fire from sprinting team mates? I've been pushed literally meters off my standing position and almost fell off the map because of this weird Halo 4 phenomenon.

    Not happy with game. Miss Bungie like crazy.
    Er, you have played Halo before, right?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:10:53 36,277 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    @mcmonkeyplc The Didact is the head of the Forerunner's military. He defeated the original human army, and had them genetically regressed as punishment. When they found we had been fighting the Flood, not them, he assembles a new army - by using the Composer to reduce us to atoms, and reassembling said atoms as the Prometheans. He kept a bit of the human form in them as a mockery of his former enemy, us. The Librarian then locks him up in the Cryptum, for his crimes, and brings his army under her control to guard him.

    So he created the Prometheans to fight the flood?
    [Spoiler]No, they were created to fight the humans, then they used them to fight the Flood after the humans were defeated. However there wasn't enough of them to defeat the flood so he decided to use humans to make an even larger army.

    Then they created the Halo rings cause even that army wasn't big enough?!

    Fuck me, what a bunch of Bumders.
    [Spoiler]No, the Halo array was the idea of his wife - The Librarian. The Diadact opposed this idea as it would mean the end of the Forerunners as well. She took samples of all known life in the galaxy so it could be spread afterwards. Then she shot the Diadact, sealed him within Requiem so he would survive and the used the Halos to kill everything.

    I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 11:12:51 38,899 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    @mcmonkeyplc The Didact is the head of the Forerunner's military. He defeated the original human army, and had them genetically regressed as punishment. When they found we had been fighting the Flood, not them, he assembles a new army - by using the Composer to reduce us to atoms, and reassembling said atoms as the Prometheans. He kept a bit of the human form in them as a mockery of his former enemy, us. The Librarian then locks him up in the Cryptum, for his crimes, and brings his army under her control to guard him.

    So he created the Prometheans to fight the flood?
    [Spoiler]No, they were created to fight the humans, then they used them to fight the Flood after the humans were defeated. However there wasn't enough of them to defeat the flood so he decided to use humans to make an even larger army.

    Then they created the Halo rings cause even that army wasn't big enough?!

    Fuck me, what a bunch of Bumders.
    [Spoiler]No, the Halo array was the idea of his wife - The Librarian. The Diadact opposed this idea as it would mean the end of the Forerunners as well. She took samples of all known life in the galaxy so it could be spread afterwards. Then she shot the Diadact, sealed him within Requiem so he would survive and the used the Halos to kill everything.
    Where is all this explained? Do they not think they need to explain this shit to people that play the games?

    Fuck me.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:23:58 36,277 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I found all the terminals in the game. I haven't read any of the books or any websites. Everything I know about the story is directly from the games and terminals.

    I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • oceanmotion 16 Nov 2012 11:25:00 15,243 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You would think all this time and a new trilogy they would have a coherent story to follow but no.

    Also page 117 :)
  • nickthegun 16 Nov 2012 11:25:11 55,848 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It is pure downs to put important bits of story in missable terminals.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • L_Franko Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:25:20 9,686 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Terminals! I always forget to look for the bloody things when I play a Halo game.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 11:28:32 38,899 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I found all the terminals in the game. I haven't read any of the books or any websites. Everything I know about the story is directly from the games and terminals.
    I fucking knew it. They should make it more obvious that these cunting things are required to explain KEY parts of the story not just side stories.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:29:47 36,277 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    It is pure downs to put important bits of story in missable terminals.
    Exactly. Even now I'm wondering how Cortana knows who the Diadact is. She calls him by name after they first meet and I thought "did I miss something?". It's not explained!

    I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • kinky_mong 16 Nov 2012 11:35:46 9,607 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To be honest Halo games have always been shit at explaining story.

    Plus it is a shit story that's best ignored anyway, just assume the whole story is "space soldier does shooty pew pew while blue woman hologram talks to him a bit" and you'll be fine.

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • nickthegun 16 Nov 2012 11:37:15 55,848 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    It is pure downs to put important bits of story in missable terminals.
    Exactly. Even now I'm wondering how Cortana knows who the Diadact is. She calls him by name after they first meet and I thought "did I miss something?". It's not explained!
    I thought exactly the same thing. I can only assume she got some kind of data wotsit when she said CHIEF NOOOO!!! and made him take his hand off those glowing whatnots.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • nickthegun 16 Nov 2012 11:39:24 55,848 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    To be honest Halo games have always been shit at explaining story.

    Plus it is a shit story that's best ignored anyway, just assume the whole story is "space soldier does shooty pew pew while blue woman hologram talks to him a bit" and you'll be fine.
    Except you wont. Thats the same kind of stupid 'turn your brain off' logic that excuses transformers for being a piece of shit with a stupid story.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 11:40:23 38,899 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    To be honest Halo games have always been shit at explaining story.

    Plus it is a shit story that's best ignored anyway, just assume the whole story is "space soldier does shooty pew pew while blue woman hologram talks to him a bit" and you'll be fine.
    That's the thing though, it's not a shit story. I like it...when it makes sense.

    Time to find those Terminals then.

    I found one, what do I do to unlock it's contents? Teabag a knight?

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • L_Franko Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:42:34 9,686 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

    I thought exactly the same thing. I can only assume she got some kind of data wotsit when she said CHIEF NOOOO!!! and made him take his hand off those glowing whatnots.
    This is exactly the kind of story explanation I can get onboard with.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:43:31 36,277 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Visit Waypoint.

    I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Jono62 16 Nov 2012 11:44:10 13,628 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To watch terminals you've found, you have to go to the Halo Waypoint site.
  • L_Franko Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:47:37 9,686 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't have a computer and this work laptop has shitty outdated IE which doesn't let me view content on the Waypoint website and I'm not allowed to update it.
    Can I not view the terminals on the Xbox Waypoint?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Nov 2012 11:50:39 36,277 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

    I thought exactly the same thing. I can only assume she got some kind of data wotsit when she said CHIEF NOOOO!!! and made him take his hand off those glowing whatnots.

    This is exactly the kind of story explanation I can get onboard with.
    Yep. Have Cortana say "I got an info dump, that's The Diadact, he's a forerunner and the head of their military. I don't know what he wants but it can't be good". 3 sentences of exposition tells you who he is and what the Conv are doing (since they worship forerunners). Then the very same terminals can be discovered and flesh it out a bit for those who give a shit.

    I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Jono62 16 Nov 2012 11:54:10 13,628 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I don't have a computer and this work laptop has shitty outdated IE which doesn't let me view content on the Waypoint website and I'm not allowed to update it.
    Can I not view the terminals on the Xbox Waypoint?
    Yeah, you can view them on there. My mistake. Just to the campaign stats and they should be there to watch.
  • RelaxedMikki 16 Nov 2012 13:45:21 892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am really loving the multiplayer on this. Oh yes.

    Just had a cheeky lunchtime game of Slayer that was all kinds of awesome. Rest of my team of randoms were struggling, not one of them finished with more kills than deaths, but somehow I turned into Spiderman with a freaking Battle Rifle. Leaping all over the map, jumping off walkways into the centre of firefights, barging team mates out of the way to save their lives with one-shot headshots.

    You beauty! It's all so well animated and smooth. Ace.

    /shooty boasting end. No doubt I was just host for once...!
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 13:54:53 38,899 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why are the Elites speaking Japanese in the Terminal videos?

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • RedSparrows 16 Nov 2012 13:56:53 20,753 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hah, I thought it sounded decidedly Japanese-esque also.
    I like the vids though, remind me of Homeworld... and the story is mildly interesting, they really should have shoved it in properly.

    Also, there is a manual on Waypoint, in effect. Cheeky sods.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 14:03:05 38,899 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No really, I swear they're speaking Japanese. One of them said Domo...I didn't hear origato mr Roboto though.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Rich72 16 Nov 2012 14:19:03 530 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :lol:

    GT: Rich 72 PSN: LordVelvet

  • Rich72 16 Nov 2012 14:27:20 530 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Konichiwa Anjin-San: reminds me of shogan which just means I'm showing my age now. Means honourable pilot i think.... slightly off topic.

    GT: Rich 72 PSN: LordVelvet

  • Rich72 16 Nov 2012 14:39:57 530 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    my brother used to love Styx.. feeling older

    GT: Rich 72 PSN: LordVelvet

  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 14:41:09 38,899 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I only know it due to the reference in Austin powers.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 16 Nov 2012 15:08:33 6,654 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I dusted my 360 off for THIS?

    I'm fucking with you all, it's excellent.
  • DUFFKING 16 Nov 2012 15:15:20 6,489 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dear internet, if you're going to pick King of the Hill, try and stand in the fucking hill occasionally, yeah?

    Also does join in progress only work if I'm the one joining a game? 5 vs 2 ctf isn't fun.

    Edited by DUFFKING at 15:33:06 16-11-2012
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 16 Nov 2012 15:28:10 6,654 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The art direction and music is fantastic.
  • Page

    of 173 First / Last

Log in or register to reply