• RedSparrows 15 Nov 2012 12:26:26 21,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ShopTo have sent me a replacement copy, so I'll be selling it pronto:

30 anyone?
  • Pumpatron 15 Nov 2012 12:31:08 371 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm finding multiplayer easier. Though having just written that I'm now destined to get dicked on next time I go online.

I was doing really well in my first few games, I was curious how well so checked my stats, and my KD was a fair bit higher than in pervious Halo's, it's gone down now but is still higher than Reach.

I think it's partly down to the weapons and lack of bloom. Having now used the BR quite a bit I've realised that I was never really comfortable with the DMR in Reach - I thought I was at the time. But in Halo 4 when using the BR, I feel so much more comfortable and confident in firefights than I ever did in Reach.

Lot of new players is also a factor. I'll probably starting finding it more difficult once I get matched with better players.
  • Zizoo 15 Nov 2012 12:39:59 8,094 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My k/d went from 1.0 to 0.86 to 0.75 since release =/
  • binky Moderator 15 Nov 2012 12:40:14 9,401 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tried SWAT last night. Wasn't very exciting though. Just thought I'd share.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 13:04:07
    SWAT has always been my favourite halo mode. Which probably explains why I love Cod :D
  • L_Franko Moderator 15 Nov 2012 13:05:35 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not much of a SWAT fan because it comes down to who pulls the trigger first, no real skill involved.

Fine, I don't like it because I suck at it.
  • spindle9988 15 Nov 2012 14:04:21 3,485 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZizouFC

Thnaks mate. Ill be back on tonight for a few games then providing I dont get the same server problem. Loved what I played though, fantastic in multiplayer
  • binky Moderator 15 Nov 2012 15:12:13 9,401 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It had the same sort of ruleset as Counter Strike, and frankly Counter Strike does it better so I think I'll stick to the other game types.

STILL don't know how to get into a game of Griffball though? Can anyone shed light?
  • L_Franko Moderator 15 Nov 2012 15:21:19 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've no idea about Griffball.
    I did try King of the Hill and really quite enjoyed it because people help each other out instead of fighting their team mates for kills.
    I was suprised last night though in a Slayer game because the three randoms I was with all stuck together and were actually waiting for heading towards a team mate that got separated or killed. None of them had a mic on so I couldn't speak to them but they did a great job of understanding the match without it.
  • Rich72 15 Nov 2012 15:30:07 531 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I've no idea about Griffball.
    I did try King of the Hill and really quite enjoyed it because people help each other out instead of fighting their team mates for kills.
    I was suprised last night though in a Slayer game because the three randoms I was with all stuck together and were actually waiting for heading towards a team mate that got separated or killed. None of them had a mic on so I couldn't speak to them but they did a great job of understanding the match without it.
    blimey, offer to have their babies!

when did xbox live become so quiet anyway? I slag off PSN because nobody talks but I'm really surprised how mute live is these days (I only just renewed my gold after a year out). makes me miss the smack talk of Halo 2... Loved the proximity chat/banter/abuse

GT: Rich 72 PSN: LordVelvet

• ronuds 15 Nov 2012 15:33:13 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Live has been quiet for a good while now. Nobody wanted to hear what anyone else had to say and they made it too easy to mute the dopes who never shut up for them to bother being annoying anymore.
  • binky Moderator 15 Nov 2012 15:34:46 9,401 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Since Parties were introduced?
  • Rich72 15 Nov 2012 15:41:44 531 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    none of my 'real life' friends play online so I met nearly all my shooting commrades from Halo 2 & 3...

i think you are right about party chat... I always mute the musically challenged or verbally diarrhetic anyway

• matrim83 15 Nov 2012 16:29:46 5,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I <3 the Railgun. It should have replaced the Spartan laser.

Hate the Binary Rifle though. Cheap as fuck.

Valar morghulis.

• oceanmotion 15 Nov 2012 17:16:28 15,641 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Since Parties were introduced?
    Must be. Does seem quiet. Pity, you meet some good randoms with general chat but now it's silient person sends friend request which is mostly pointless. Playing Portal 2 was like teaching a dog a new trick.

Do you still get headsets in the box?
  • ronuds 15 Nov 2012 17:23:57 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep - still get headsets. At least as of about a year ago!

They're cheaper than the originals, though. I still use my launch-model headset and it works better than the one that came with my Slim.
  • kinky_mong 15 Nov 2012 17:35:02 9,941 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Different levels of ordnance, lower level for SAWs etc or higher for Binary et al, that would sort that one out. I don't like the fact that the game is balancing out the action behind the scenes, it's just rubber banding basically. Consistent or not at all. I'd prefer not at all really.
    If I'm understanding you properly you want a similar way to how CoD does it, so you get a better weapon for a longer killstreak? That will make the balance even worse if the only people who are getting a binary rifle are those already on a killtacular.

Personally I think they've nailed the ordnance, particularly as I thought it would kill the game when it was first revealed. Rewarding you for doing well by giving you it quicker, but also giving those having a shit game a chance to get some as well, and giving a random selection so a dominating team aren't given an even bigger unfair advantage.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• RedSparrows 15 Nov 2012 18:13:08 21,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Party chat has killed off a lot of game chat... but at the same time, you can still hear many idiots/weirdos if you really want.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 20:03:28
    It's always great to hear that one random guy with his little mic icon flickering while he lights a fag and says "yeah" to his girlfriend who just asked him if he wants a drink.
  • oceanmotion 15 Nov 2012 20:12:45 15,641 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't be daft, it's his mum.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 20:19:21
    Didn't think I would feel this way but I wish the covenant spoke English like before. Was fun hearing the grunts panic or joke about and the elites barking orders and taunting you.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 20:21:10
    I generally mute people, occasionally you get someone nice on there. Good if they just pointing out essentials, like they about to grab the flag. Bossy people get muted.
  • Lukus 15 Nov 2012 20:36:12 18,996 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Didn't think I would feel this way but I wish the covenant spoke English like before. Was fun hearing the grunts panic or joke about and the elites barking orders and taunting you.
    Agreed, it's lost a lot of its character and humour. Chief and Cortana as well have lost the silliness, which is a shame.

Paintings & Photographs

• oceanmotion 15 Nov 2012 20:47:07 15,641 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Poor warthog as well.

There is still some good banter between them but the tone has changed, mostly for the story this time around. The grunts are just weird. You could tell what was round the corner if enemies were making noises or their reaction in previous games but they lost that charm. Not like the instantly forgettable Prometheans fill a void. 343 have to do something about that.
  • RedSparrows 15 Nov 2012 21:03:34 21,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They can't win. Half the time people moaned the grunts were too silly.
  • Lukus 15 Nov 2012 21:07:39 18,996 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, but they were wrong.

:p

Paintings & Photographs

• Rich72 15 Nov 2012 21:08:04 531 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    has the perfection medal gone? just went 21-0 and no medal :confused:
    yes i sniped and hid like a pussy

• oceanmotion 15 Nov 2012 21:10:15 15,641 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could be the imwtfbbq or whatever it is skull or another one. Speaking of that, haven't noticed a lot of chat from marines, not many encounters I suppose. They do notice you but random stuff was great in the previous ones.

They are silly and fair enough if they want it more serious. Just a noticeable change. Get use to it though.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 21:50:13
    kinky_mong wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Different levels of ordnance, lower level for SAWs etc or higher for Binary et al, that would sort that one out. I don't like the fact that the game is balancing out the action behind the scenes, it's just rubber banding basically. Consistent or not at all. I'd prefer not at all really.
    If I'm understanding you properly you want a similar way to how CoD does it, so you get a better weapon for a longer killstreak? That will make the balance even worse if the only people who are getting a binary rifle are those already on a killtacular.

Personally I think they've nailed the ordnance, particularly as I thought it would kill the game when it was first revealed. Rewarding you for doing well by giving you it quicker, but also giving those having a shit game a chance to get some as well, and giving a random selection so a dominating team aren't given an even bigger unfair advantage.
    Not really, the bar would get filled up the same way but it would reset after you've got your shiny. Say you go for tier one ordnance and get your SAW, it doesn't then go towards your tier two, it resets. This would add a strategic element, do you wait and get the more powerful stuff or do you go all in there and then?

As it is it's just rubber banding, no strategy at all. I don't even know how many points fills my ordnance bar. It's just silly.

As I said before I'd rather it wasn't there at all but if it has to be let me at least form a strategy around it.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 21:51:27 15-11-2012

Edited by AdamAsunder at 21:52:48 15-11-2012
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 15 Nov 2012 21:54:51 37,300 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Completed the story on Heroic just now. I feel quite satisfied by that. Good final cutscene I think.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 173 First / Last