Halo 4 Page 113

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 11:48:11 23,847 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sadly 4 is the opposite of Reach - too many BTB maps, not enough small. Still, they're better as a whole.

Yeah, you will feel hard done by in Infinity Slayer - something Halo has usually managed to avoid. /grumble...
  • binky Moderator 14 Nov 2012 11:53:12 9,815 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Would glowing red have been an overshield perhaps? Something that's always been in Halo slayer. I'm growing to like the tweaks and I really didn't expect to.
  • RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 11:59:55 23,847 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Overshield is greeny-black, isn't it? Damage is red and SHOULDN'T BE THERE. Harrumph.
  • Scurrminator 14 Nov 2012 12:03:38 8,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Green is overshield and the red one is the damage boost (can't remember the Halo name for it).

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Scurrminator 14 Nov 2012 12:04:36 8,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Overshield is greeny-black, isn't it? Damage is red and SHOULDN'T BE THERE. Harrumph.
    Past Halo games have had the power boost thing, I defo remember it in Hal2 and 3 MP.

• RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 12:06:02 23,847 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think any Halo game has had a firepower pickup in matchmaking, or am I being stupid?

You can of course adjust power in custom games, but I don't recall it in 2 or 3.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 12:08:14
    it doesn't matter, it is another bonus that everyone can get. Why is it okay to have an over shield and not damage boost?
  • RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 12:09:07 23,847 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Overshields as random drops are also stupid: they should be map pickups or not at all.
  • kinky_mong 14 Nov 2012 12:11:31 10,688 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    Fingers crossed the loud and angry contingent in evidence on Waypoint forums sees the once promised option to never JIP reinstated into the game. The one time I've ever agreed with them.

Fuck that. That's the best addition IMO, now it's rare to be completely fucked over by someone quitting mid game leaving the teams uneven, as someone get's added to balance it again.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Lukree 14 Nov 2012 12:13:24 180 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just finished the campaign. Good. It was good. Became better towards the end.

Music was a little letdown for me as well.
  • Scurrminator 14 Nov 2012 12:20:04 8,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I don't think any Halo game has had a firepower pickup in matchmaking, or am I being stupid?

You can of course adjust power in custom games, but I don't recall it in 2 or 3.
    Actually you're right, it's just that red was overshield in previous games hence the confusion.
    Doesn't bother me - I hated set spawn locations as the best players always knew how to get to them. As far as I'm aware it's only them that are moaning like little bitches now that the playing field has been leveled a bit.

• RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 12:22:09 23,847 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It probably is them moaning the most, but at the same time: what was to stop 343 including weapon markers for spawns, but NOT randomising them and NOT giving one side of the map a weapon whilst leaving the other empty, at various points of a game?

I'm not saying I hate it, but the excuse of 'levelling the field' is thin, not least when it's quite clear the good players will still cream the poor.

Anyway, still enjoying the game a lot. On GAF some people really do just want Halo 2/3 reskinned. Ouch.

Edited by RedSparrows at 12:25:29 14-11-2012
  • muttler 14 Nov 2012 12:36:31 4,207 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm having a bit of bother with my mic settings.  It seems to keep turning my sound off.  Last night I could hear everyone in the lobby, then I couldn't, then we partyed up and I could hear everyone, then I lost sound in that too, and nothing in settings would turn it back on again.  When I unplug the headset, chat voices don't come out the tv either, just the game sound.  It's the second night in a row its done this now. Anyone else have this?
  • Yossarian 14 Nov 2012 12:55:24 8,411 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RedSparrows You are correct: there has never been a damage boost in a Halo game before now.
  • Yossarian 14 Nov 2012 12:56:53 8,411 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    On GAF some people really do just want Halo 2/3 reskinned. Ouch.
    No, this isn't what most of them want.
  • RedSparrows 14 Nov 2012 13:00:44 23,847 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I said some, not most - I saw one dude wanting it almost explicitly.

SO THERE.
  • Psychotext 14 Nov 2012 13:07:20 54,754 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lukree wrote:
    Music was a little letdown for me as well.
    Yeah, there were only a couple of places where it really got going for me. I liked the music right near the end. Certainly didn't get any "hairs on back of neck" moments like I did with the other halos though.

Should have stolen Marty with the other staff they nicked.
  • jambii267 14 Nov 2012 13:58:16 1,367 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    it doesn't matter, it is another bonus that everyone can get. Why is it okay to have an over shield and not damage boost?
    A bonus that means you will automatically win every gun fight regardless of skill? Can't see it being a problem.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• L_Franko Moderator 14 Nov 2012 14:00:34 9,697 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    revan8 wrote:
    A bonus that means you will automatically win every gun fight regardless of skill? Can't see it being a problem.
    Even though there is an advantage there once you know what you are looking at and you can tell someone is buffed for a limited time you can adapt your strategy for taking them on or just avoid until you have a sure thing.
  • jambii267 14 Nov 2012 14:03:20 1,367 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just another load of crap getting in the way of some good gun fights.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• RelaxedMikki 14 Nov 2012 14:21:55 937 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still living this. Bit worried that 'Haven' is going to become the next Swordbase or Nuketown though.

Sure, it's a cool map, but I would like to try some of the others! Especially if I am going to sign up for dlc. Not much point in doing that if everyone just keeps picking one map...
  • oceanmotion 14 Nov 2012 16:42:51 16,079 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Where do you view the Terminals ?

I found some in campaign but can't track down an option to view them like Anniversary. Would also help in finding the ones I don't have yet.
  • damagedinc 14 Nov 2012 16:43:09 945 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    playing through on heroic, dont think i ever remember struggling with ammo as much in a halo game. find myself running low all the time frantically searching for guns and ammo.

good because it forces you to use guns you may not allways go for.

or maybe i cant aim for shit haha
  • damagedinc 14 Nov 2012 16:43:40 945 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Where do you view the Terminals ?

I found some in campaign but can't track down an option to view them like Anniversary. Would also help in finding the ones I don't have yet.
    waypoint i believe
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 16:50:27
    Only major negative with mp is the same as all halo games, the bloody people playing it always voting the same f'ing maps! Still not played about four of them cos you only really get to play ragnarock or haven. Zzz. Mix it up people, makes it more fun.
    I have always found this with halo games and is frustrating. Would love server list like bf3 but that won't happen as not dedicated servers. :(
  • Dave_McCoy 14 Nov 2012 17:30:36 2,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree on the Haven thing. As soon as it's up *everyone* votes for it. Far more annoying though is the wall glitch on Complex. When I'm playing Flood the last man tends to sit inside the wall where no one can get to them.

Why be so boring? Just come out and fight. That's what the games supposed to be right? Do you get extra points for surviving or something?
  • kinky_mong 14 Nov 2012 17:31:10 10,688 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I find the way to get around that is to play with suggestible friends who will pick whatever map name is shouted at them.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• kinky_mong 14 Nov 2012 17:32:34 10,688 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    I agree on the Haven thing. As soon as it's up *everyone* votes for it. Far more annoying though is the wall glitch on Complex. When I'm playing Flood the last man tends to sit inside the wall where no one can get to them.

Why be so boring? Just come out and fight. That's what the games supposed to be right? Do you get extra points for surviving or something?
    Fuck me I hate when some boring cunt does that. You score points in Flood for killing, not sitting on top of a rock or in a wall watching the clock count down moron!

• psychokitten Moderator 14 Nov 2012 17:41:03 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hadn't played Flood since the first day, myself and haveasafeday played a few rounds yesterday and both times Complex came up, some dude hid in that glitch spot (different guys). Needs fixing. Really annoying. Twats.
  • Dave_McCoy 14 Nov 2012 17:57:00 2,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just happening again on Complex. I'm going to start leaving bad feedback on players who use it whilst I wait. Does it also count as breaking the rules enough to file a complaint?
  • Page

of 173 First / Last