Oh good, I'm not the only one.
  • Psychotext 6 Nov 2012 20:49:18 55,057 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bollocks, Asda and Tesco sold out. :(
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Nov 2012 20:50:01 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe it's quite funny in the grand scheme of things, but because of some cheeky buggers on here, I actually went ahead and ordered it on the Argos website a couple of weeks ago ...

... suffice to say, they still haven't even dispatched the blooming game yet!

*grumbles*
  • DFawkes 6 Nov 2012 20:50:13 24,106 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oi wrote:
    oi wrote:
    Does the campaign offer a theatre mode where you can save footage like Halo 3 and Reach?
    I don't answer people who self quote, especially to confirm for them that Campaign doesn't offer Theatre mode. So there.

:p

Edited by DFawkes at 20:50:47 06-11-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Yossarian 6 Nov 2012 20:50:55 8,411 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fix ur servers Bungle.
  • Latin 6 Nov 2012 20:52:26 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    zavvi haven't delivered mine. Sad face
  • Deleted user 6 November 2012 21:11:17
    How the flip are you supposed to get past the five or so Knights and the flying things on the Forerunner mission, in a sort of rectangular area, before you go up the tower, whilst trying for the achievement keeping a UNSC weapon the whole time?! Just don't have enough bullets or firepower in general.
  • MatMan562 6 Nov 2012 21:17:11 2,616 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've just started this again, on Legendary this time. I think I really suck. I just barely managed to get past the first fight after many attempts. I intially tried playing it the way I played through on Normal... that didn't go well, so I switched to a Plasma Pistol, that went better and I eventually managed it but i'm still sucking. Anybody have any ideas on how I can improve?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Deleted user 6 November 2012 21:17:24
    The game looks stunning, but I miss the Halo theme music that pumped throughout the first 3 games.
  • Yossarian 6 Nov 2012 21:28:24 8,411 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @MatMan562 Shoot everything in the head as soon as you get a pistol/BR/carbine. Use PP on Elites before shooting them in the head. Grenades when you are bored. Repeat.
  • barchetta 6 Nov 2012 21:45:36 1,388 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yossarian wrote:
    @MatMan562 Shoot everything in the head as soon as you get a pistol/BR/carbine. Use PP on Elites before shooting them in the head. Grenades when you are bored. Repeat.
    Heh, ever thought of moonlighting for 343's PR dept? :D
  • barchetta 6 Nov 2012 21:48:42 1,388 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looking forward to a DF microscope on this - really impressed with the visual & aural upgrades. There is life in the old ' box yet.
  • Nehmis 6 Nov 2012 22:02:03 699 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    How the flip are you supposed to get past the five or so Knights and the flying things on the Forerunner mission, in a sort of rectangular area, before you go up the tower, whilst trying for the achievement keeping a UNSC weapon the whole time?! Just don't have enough bullets or firepower in general.
    Do it on easy? (Can achievements be done on 'easy' difficulties?) I have found that Reach spoiled me in easily having a one-shot weapon available most of the time (dmr). I feel like I'm wasting bullets when using the Battle Rifle on grunts/jackals.

Anyone else one of those people who never wants to use power weapons in case you REALLY need it later on? By which point it's too late and the levels over :p
  • saintedd 6 Nov 2012 22:05:11 314 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Nehmis Yes but it only makes it hard for youself but then agin it will come in handy later on.....wont it
  • RedSparrows 6 Nov 2012 22:10:00 24,309 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I used to, but tend to just unload whatever I find onto whatever I see.

Although I try and keep a ranged headshot weapon stocked up. 4 rifles, yum yum.
  • Deleted user 6 November 2012 22:11:57
    @Nehmis No, has to be done on Heroic or harder. Well, I'm 99% sure anyway. Also there are no bloody decent weapons anywhere, the Prometheon grenades are rubbish, as are their guns, IMHO. Give me a fuel rod gun or something, please.
  • Whizzo 6 Nov 2012 22:13:10 43,375 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Brainboy wrote:
    Rich72 wrote:
    Fuck you Amazon!!
    Oh good, I'm not the only one.
    In my case, thanks Amazon! Nice to see they used DPD for the Prime delivery of my LE, it came three minutes into the hour window they'd said it would be.

Probably just as well after the headache them using HDNL caused last week, now they're a bunch of cunts.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Nehmis 6 Nov 2012 22:15:28 699 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Currently had to redo a section due to a door bugging out and killing me. At least I think that's what happened, it made the closing sound, Chief went up and went into the third person rag doll animation and died. It was at the end of a section after killing bad guys and it never check pointed so I have to redo. Ugh... you'd think having an advanced armour battle suit would get you a few extra pockets for a bit more ammo. :p
  • Mark1412 6 Nov 2012 22:15:37 596 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Probably best to do it Heroic co-op, one person plays normally, one lugs a pistol or a BR around.

I'm up to the sixth level on Legendary and I'm enjoying it more than on Heroic. Not sure why.

• NOSAVIOUR 6 Nov 2012 22:54:46 2,810 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is everyone having probs playing with friends or is it only a few? Me and mate can't join any games together.
  • Whizzo 6 Nov 2012 22:56:01 43,375 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Xbox support has tweeted the servers are having issues and they're investigating, the issue being "we're fucking swamped!" It's not what the tweet says of course.

This space left intentionally blank.

• RedSparrows 6 Nov 2012 22:57:52 24,309 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    @Nehmis No, has to be done on Heroic or harder. Well, I'm 99% sure anyway. Also there are no bloody decent weapons anywhere, the Prometheon grenades are rubbish, as are their guns, IMHO. Give me a fuel rod gun or something, please.
    Prom guns do work!
  • Mark1412 6 Nov 2012 23:00:51 596 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The machine gun is great at taking out Knights if you can get close enough and dodge a swipe or two. Hate the pistol though and I'd take a DRM over the light rifle any day of the week.

• GiarcYekrub 6 Nov 2012 23:19:02 3,903 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Laskey looks nothing like the kid in the prequel
  • binky Moderator 6 Nov 2012 23:54:06 9,950 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My 2 pence:

Managed to grab a copy on the way home from work. Had an hour on the campaign and an hour messing around on MP (including install and figuring out the menus).

Campaign is cool. Kinda reminds me of Halo 1 actually which is no bad thing at all. Really don't like what they've done to the grunts though. By changing the voice on them they've completely sucked out all the life and fun which is a real big shame.

The game is looking very pretty over all and the best lighting I've seen in an xbox title. For some reason the controls are not sticking with me yet. Guess I was just used to old Halo controls.

The multiplayer stuff was really confusing to me, not sure why but it took me far too long to suss out the menus and the separate hubs and what not. Baffling.

I didn't play Reach MP for long but I remember not liking it too much, it didn't feel as pure as Halo3's offering. This seems to continue the Reach legacy at first glance, and has also been smacked round the chops with a CoD fish. I don't like that at all. Let CoD be CoD and Halo be Halo!
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 7 Nov 2012 00:04:41 517 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has anyone else had lag and latency issues when playing online co-op through the campaign? :-/
  • Ror1984 7 Nov 2012 00:42:28 4,281 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Nor does he look or sound anything like the adult Lasky in Forward Unto Dawn, oddly.

Completely off-topic, but I've just noticed that the top-right of the 360 dash (where it cycles through your GT, # of online friends, # of messages and GS) now cycles my email address as well. When did that happen?? I'm not sure I like it.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 01:04:10
    My initial online experiences of this are like this: Don't. Change. A. Thing.
  • oceanmotion 7 Nov 2012 01:42:18 16,129 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ror1984 wrote:
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Nor does he look or sound anything like the adult Lasky in Forward Unto Dawn, oddly.

Completely off-topic, but I've just noticed that the top-right of the 360 dash (where it cycles through your GT, # of online friends, # of messages and GS) now cycles my email address as well. When did that happen?? I'm not sure I like it.
    It was introduced in the beta, don't like it either, can be turned off in the settings somwhere.
  • Scurrminator 7 Nov 2012 01:49:28 8,472 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well this is fucking brilliant! Playing through solo legendary. It's taking me ages BUT very enjoyable.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Page

of 173 First / Last