Halo 4 Page 59

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Murby 17 Oct 2012 22:59:23 235 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone know if this can be played split screen with two 360's and TV's like Reach and Halo 3?

Will be upset if they've not got that in as its perfect for my weekly games night :)
  • sanctusmortis 17 Oct 2012 23:17:18 9,631 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You mean LAN play? I imagine it'll be there, I believe it's a system feature rather than a game one.
  • smallheavy 17 Oct 2012 23:25:24 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Murby wrote:
    Anyone know if this can be played split screen with two 360's and TV's like Reach and Halo 3?

Will be upset if they've not got that in as its perfect for my weekly games night :)
    I'd be extremely surprised if it didn't.
  • Murby 17 Oct 2012 23:51:52 235 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    You mean LAN play? I imagine it'll be there, I believe it's a system feature rather than a game one.
    Kind of.

At the moment you can play 4 people on two tv's over the net.
    2 people on each tv, 2 360's etc
  • itinkuravinalaff 18 Oct 2012 09:47:03 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm only interested in single player, never got into multiplayer,tried it several times but didn't like it!
  • altitude2k 19 Oct 2012 06:10:12 4,411 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Launch trailer.

http://youtu.be/GO376G4tbGM

Pardon my French, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Oct 2012 06:23:54 38,378 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    From the video comments:

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT, FUCK YOU 343I, FOR ALOWING THEM TO SHOW HIS FACE IN THIS TRAILER, HALO IS RUINED, YOUR GOING TO BRODCAST THIS ON TV, AND EVERYONE WILLL SEE MASTER CHEIF THIS WAY. IF YOUR GOING TO REVEAL HIS FACE, DO IN THE GAME, NOT IN A FUCKING COMMERCIAL, YOU JUST FUCKED UP AN ICONIC CHARACTER, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU TO HELL!
    RandomAnonymousBeing 1 minute ago
    Oh Internet...

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• altitude2k 19 Oct 2012 07:33:46 4,411 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I tend to keep well clear of YouTube comments. But that is rather special, even if it does make me embarrassed to be a fan of the same game as them.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Oct 2012 07:36:22 7,456 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    He's just peeved because he can no longer imagine that MC's face looks just like his.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 08:09:40
    That looks great. Where do you even see his face? As a kid?
  • ILoveThrashMetal 19 Oct 2012 08:20:12 739 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm moist with excitement! Roll on November

Arsechickens

• captainrentboy 19 Oct 2012 08:20:19 1,003 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Loved that trailer. MC's armour looked proper beefy and heavy too, unlike the one in FUD, which looks like it's made from polystyrene.
    Why won't they make a film? Whhyyy? Hollywood will sign off on literally any old shite nowadays, so give this franchise a go innit?
  • RedSparrows 19 Oct 2012 09:36:08 22,913 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was the usual OTT Halo marketing rubbish.

AND IT MADE ME MOIST
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 12:37:23
    @captainrentboy I guess someone in Hollywood would most definitely green light it, but I expect it's Microsoft holding back as they don't want their valuable IP tarnished.
  • matrim83 19 Oct 2012 12:47:52 5,587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was an average trailer TBH. Not half as good as previous Halo ones.

Hopefully the gameplay trailer is better.

Valar morghulis.

• Mr-Brett 19 Oct 2012 13:45:54 12,806 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The trailer wasn't that great, kinda interesting to see some of the creation of a Spartan but overall not great.

Forward Unto Dawn on the other hand has continued to impress me.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• altitude2k 19 Oct 2012 13:55:38 4,411 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Apostle I agree. It probably happens something like this:

MS: Let's make a Halo movie
    Hollywood: Halo is popular. Let's get it done. I'll get Michael Bay on the blower...
    MS: Actually, we want it to do it properly.
    Hollywood: Oh...
  • sanctusmortis 19 Oct 2012 14:11:14 9,631 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FUD 3 is brilliant. I can now say the footage they're looking at is the battle for Leonis Minoris from Halo Evolutions, that's Fred in that armour... just great for a canon nut like me.

As for why there's no Halo movie? I can tell you why. Microsoft wants far more control over the IP and marketing that has ever been granted. The fact is, to get it made how they want, they will have to buy a studio. Here's some light reading on the subject, but the TL;DR of it is Microsoft basically made demands no studio would even entertain. There's an Alex Garland (Enslaved: Journey to the West scribe, who made the movie The Beach) script out there, all it needs is a studio willing to meet MS's demands.

Edited by sanctusmortis at 14:11:36 19-10-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 19 Oct 2012 14:31:07 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    I tend to keep well clear of YouTube comments. But that is rather special, even if it does make me embarrassed to be a fan of the same game as them.
    Makes me embarrassed that these people are part of the Human race.

Anyway, had to search for the Halo 4 Launch trailer else where because work blocked the youtube link for some lame reason. Not bad, I really like the live action trailers the halo series has had over the years. Kind of wish they film wasn't canned.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 15:33:19
    Thoughts on my run around on multiplayer:

Sprint is ridiculous. Awesome ridiculous. Feels maybe twice as fast as Reach's and immediately more "hefty".

The pistol is a better killer than Reach's.

The DMR is a monster. Small amount of bloom is just right it seems - tested grouping on a wall and it's VERY tight.

The BR has upward recoil which can be fought by slightly pushing the stick forward, Battlefield style.

There are 13 maps including the Forge variants:

Ascent (Erosion)

Relay (Orbit)

Settler (Ravine)

There are no weapon respawns in Infinity Slayer, which was weird. Grenades and power weapons only - your DMR rounds will have to last you or you will eventually have to swap to a downed enemy's gun. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, but the assumption is it'll work out fine in real-world practice.

The BR makes a cocking sound every time you come out of sprint. It's strangely distracting but will probably get used to it.

At this point I already think I'm going to love this game more than Reach, but I acknowledge that could just be excitement of the shiny and new variety.

Had another go of campaign and whilst the visuals are superior, I noticed what I can only describe as muddy textures on the floor of certain environments, just beyond the immediate position of the Chief. It's not horrible, but imo it is an unattractive downside to the otherwise stunning graphics. Also, it might be in my head (because I was playing on a 50" plasma, but FOV may be slightly smaller this time around. Everything seems tighter and more in your face, but again this might have just been the tv.

Either way, it would appear to me at least that those two "issues" account for some of the compromises they've had to make in order to make everything else so lovely and smooth. Yeah, the game is silky, by the way.

The trade off is absolutely worth it.

Oh, and it appears that not all maps have a sky box. Some do, some don't. It's a none issue for me. Thinking about it now though; it might have just been the Forge canvases which lacked them. Did notice a cool touch on the "ceiling" of Ravine though, just beyond the clouds... ;)

Edited by CaptainQuint at 16:12:00 19-10-2012
  • Dr.Haggard 19 Oct 2012 16:17:50 4,217 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked the new trailer a lot. No surprise all the youtube idiots think they showed MC's face and get their knickers in a twist.

Did anyone else catch the wilhelm scream?
  • Mr-Brett 19 Oct 2012 16:33:19 12,806 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dr.Haggard wrote:
    Unfortunately yes... I've really begun to dislike that sound effect, I know it's a running joke and thus is meant to be amusing but like internet memes it's tired, grating and was never that funny in the first place.

I feel like a grouch for complaining about it but really it sounds awful.

• sanctusmortis 19 Oct 2012 16:44:58 9,631 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love the "they show his face" complaining. Ziiiiiip.....

In all honesty, though; remember how crazy people went when the Theater Mode Halo 3 thing came out? Finish 4, and do it right. That's all I'm saying.
  • Dr.Haggard 19 Oct 2012 16:58:20 4,217 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Dr.Haggard wrote:
    Unfortunately yes... I've really begun to dislike that sound effect, I know it's a running joke and thus is meant to be amusing but like internet memes it's tired, grating and was never that funny in the first place.

No I completely agree, it's getting old.
  • NOSAVIOUR 19 Oct 2012 17:18:36 2,804 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well Forward Unto Dawn Episode 3 just blew me away. Can't wait for the next episode now. They nailed the elite in it and sense of awe from the cadets. Awesome. If only there was a movie on the horizon.
  • oceanmotion 19 Oct 2012 18:48:52 15,978 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Dr.Haggard wrote:

I can't stand that scream, bloody embarrassing to have it in your film. I think a lot less of directors who allow it and have for a long time. There is no need for it. Why don't you just put 60s Batman text on the screen.
  • Load_2.0 19 Oct 2012 19:07:35 19,362 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Howie or Starcraft scream or to give it it's full name Screams 3; Man, Gut-wrenching Scream And Fall Into Distance scream is worse, it ruins movies for me.
  • Lukus 19 Oct 2012 20:55:56 19,152 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've just watched all the FUDs so far. It's actually pretty good. I'm now wondering how much it cost to make. It looks pretty polished for the most part.

Paintings & Photographs

• oceanmotion 19 Oct 2012 20:59:53 15,978 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good episode. They really make it look good. Along with that my biggest surprise, the acting is actually not bad. Skybox and Elite looked great. Surprised they showed the bodies falling, albeit quick cut. Nice touch.

They have to commission a TV show.

Edited by oceanmotion at 21:02:09 19-10-2012
  • Mr-Brett 19 Oct 2012 21:52:28 12,806 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    The Howie or Starcraft scream or to give it it's full name Screams 3; Man, Gut-wrenching Scream And Fall Into Distance scream is worse, it ruins movies for me.
    Ah yeah, just Googled it and that one does stand out too. I agree it's worse but I think because it's so terrible it's not used as much. The Wilhelm is noticeable to those that know it but can easily be missed otherwise. Neither should be used outside of comedies though.

Getting a little off topic now but glad to hear that I'm not the only that find these annoying :)

• Page

of 173 First / Last