All-New PSN Store Update Thread Page 336

• Page

of 375 First / Last

• StarchildHypocrethes 24 Jan 2013 14:28:39 26,626 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone ever bought a game from the US store using a US account? Does it work?

If so, can anyone recommend a reliable source for US PSN cards?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 24 Jan 2013 17:25:51 26,626 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No-one?

Pfft. You people are the worst. THE WORST.
  • King_Edward 24 Jan 2013 17:31:26 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have and it works fine. Can't honestly remember where I got the points from though.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 24 Jan 2013 17:35:50 26,626 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cool beans. At least it works.

Cheers, your highness.

So, who's got a reliable supplier then?
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 24 Jan 2013 17:47:24 515 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I want to buy The Unfinished Swan from the US store but it isn't as straight forward as I'd hoped. It's $3.75 with PS Plus or $7.50 otherwise on their store at the moment, but it won't let you use a credit/debit card registered to an address other than one in the US. I would buy a $10 card, but the price seems to be around £8.50, making it barely worth doing- considering I'd have to pay the regular $7.50 sale price- and it's £10 on our store. The extra-annoyance is that I have US trial card for PS+ that came with my US copy of Journey, but to use it requires you to register an US card. FFS :mad:

Edited by Rose-of-Sorrow at 17:48:58 24-01-2013
  • elhozzo 24 Jan 2013 18:10:03 352 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi Rose-of ...

I used a 30 day trial for USA store that I got with Heavy Rain disk I bought in USA, in August.
    I didn't have to put in a credit card, I don't think its mandatory ...
    I did have to put in an address, but that was fairly easy, I used the address of the hotel I stayed in there.
    So try again. If you have a trial card, you should be able to get the 30 days (including the discount bonus') on your USA SEN account
    let us know ... maybe they changed it since Aug, but I doubt it ... I think it asks for a credit card, but there is a option to skip/ put it in later...
    definitely worked for me
  • kentmonkey 24 Jan 2013 18:11:26 20,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does anyone know how I go about contacting Sony about a PS+ sub.

I had a '90 day trial' which has suddenly turned into a '30 day trial and then we'll automatically renew you for 90 days after that trial, without telling you'. As I broke my hand 4 days after starting the trial, I haven't even had the PS3 on and can't play it for weeks yet. I never got to use the trial and I'd quite like my £12 back, but can't find any way of contacting them.
  • RyanDS 24 Jan 2013 18:21:27 9,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:

Yes and Fwww.cheapxboxlivecodes.com Though I have not used them for a while so cannot guarentee they are still good. Were quick and cheap last time I used though.
  • kentmonkey 24 Jan 2013 18:37:08 20,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is worth sharing..

You enter in a trial code, it will automatically renew the subscription after 30 days.

If you turn auto-fund off....it still renews your account after 30 days as 'PS+ is exempt from the auto-fund mechanism and therefore just assumes that you want to stay a member'

"SO how do I turn it off then?"

"You have to remove your credit card details. That's the only way it will stop PS+ renewing."

They're refusing to refund me, even though I can't use the PS+ sub for weeks that I've paid for and never wanted, and even though I've not been able to use the trial because I've broken my hand.

It's been escalated to a manager but the (otherwise nice) bloke I spoke to said that he'd spoken to him while he was discussing the call back for me and the manager said that he was just going to say the same thing.

This leaves a nasty taste in my mouth and if they don't refund, as it looks like they won't, that'll be the last of my PS3. With plenty of other gaming options about, I don't want to support a company with sales that deals underhandedly like this.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 24 Jan 2013 19:34:56 515 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @elhozzo I had another look and a notification appears saying something on the lines of "you must enter your card details in order to redeem this code." Then it asks if you want to do it now, selecting no just takes you back to the redeem code box :-/ How annoying. Now if SCEE would just give us the same decent sale as they have over there, that would be most ideal!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 24 Jan 2013 20:17:26 26,626 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:

Yes and Fwww.cheapxboxlivecodes.com Though I have not used them for a while so cannot guarentee they are still good. Were quick and cheap last time I used though.
    Just figured out how to grab them through US Amazon, so all good.

Cheers folks!
  • Triggerhappytel 25 Jan 2013 00:13:27 2,695 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    This is worth sharing..

You enter in a trial code, it will automatically renew the subscription after 30 days.

If you turn auto-fund off....it still renews your account after 30 days as 'PS+ is exempt from the auto-fund mechanism and therefore just assumes that you want to stay a member'

"SO how do I turn it off then?"

"You have to remove your credit card details. That's the only way it will stop PS+ renewing."

They're refusing to refund me, even though I can't use the PS+ sub for weeks that I've paid for and never wanted, and even though I've not been able to use the trial because I've broken my hand.

It's been escalated to a manager but the (otherwise nice) bloke I spoke to said that he'd spoken to him while he was discussing the call back for me and the manager said that he was just going to say the same thing.

This leaves a nasty taste in my mouth and if they don't refund, as it looks like they won't, that'll be the last of my PS3. With plenty of other gaming options about, I don't want to support a company with sales that deals underhandedly like this.
    That seems extremely dodgy. I wonder if that's not outside EU regulations that you cannot easily unsubscribe.
  • kentmonkey 25 Jan 2013 17:59:49 20,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Update:

A supervisor called me today. Confirmed that PS+ ignores the 'auto-fund' setting and will still take money off of your credit card regardless of what you have that set to. The only way to cancel the payment is to turn off the 'auto-renew' option.

Even though their T&C's appear to state that if auto-fund is turned off, no payments will be made if you don't have enough in your wallet. Quite how something can still take money from you when you have auto-fund turned off is beyond me.

Fucked up, legally questionable, sales practice.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Jan 2013 17:03:41 11,516 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played the Unfinished Swan demo earlier - didn't know what to expect and was thoroughly charmed! Very bizarre at first, but plays brilliantly, even on the pad.

Really liked it, so am hoping to see it discounted (again)!

Also played the Auditorium HD demo a conversely that one did nothing for me.
  • HiddenAway 30 Jan 2013 12:30:48 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New idea. The "oh, it's already up?" feature :)

Vice City! Dead or Alive game + Swimwear bundle! Dokuro! Let's Fish! Bayonetta! Ni No Kuni!

Highlights - PS3
    Dead or Alive 5 + Hotties Swimwear bundle - £36.99
    Bayonetta - £11.99
    Disney Pixar Cars 2: Ultimate Edition - £23.99
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (1st Feb) - £49.99
    Crysis 3 Beta - FREE

Highlights - Vita
    Dokuro - £11.99
    Let's Fish: Hooked On - £14.99

Highlights - PS2
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - £7.99
    Dynasty Warriors 4, Empires, 5 - £7.99 each
    Samurai Warriors 2, Empires - £7.99 each
    Sound Shapes demos - FREE

Edited by HiddenAway at 12:46:41 30-01-2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• santashi 30 Jan 2013 12:34:35 5,167 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    New idea. The "oh, it's already up?" feature :)
    :D

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• HiddenAway 30 Jan 2013 12:39:23 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Disclaimer: SCEE are prone to screwing at least one thing up on the store updates so if you're not sat at home ready to try and download it or don't want to end up begging Playstation Support, wait until later in the day ;)

• Deleted user 30 January 2013 12:50:26
    Bayonetta as a highlight :D
  • santashi 30 Jan 2013 15:07:01 5,167 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I love how in the store update it says 'groundhog day costume - rerelease'. :p

Sounds like some people might be having problems with Dokuro being trial version when bought.

• HiddenAway 30 Jan 2013 15:08:17 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ni No Kuni! Bayonetta! Crysis 3 Open Beta! Dokuro! Let's Fish! Hitman Trilogy HD!

PlayStation Network New Content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.
    PS3 games

Bayonetta
    Price: £11.99/€14.99
    PEGI: 18
    Availability: All

Disney Pixar Cars 2 Ultimate Edition
    Price: £23.99/€29.99
    PEGI: 7
    Availability: Not available in Denmark, Finland, Germany, Kuwait, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Crysis 3 open beta
    Price: Free
    PEGI: 16
    Availability: Available only on PS Plus for Germany. Available to all elsewhere.

Dead Or Alive 5 with Hotties Swimwear Set Bundle
    Price: £36.99/€44.99
    PEGI: 16

Hitman Trilogy HD (available from 1st February)
    Price: £19.99/€29.99

Ni No Kuni – Wrath Of The White Witch (available from 1st February)
    Price: £49.99/€59.99
    PEGI: 12

PS3 demos

Sound Shapes
    PEGI: 3

PS Vita games

Dokuro
    PEGI: 7

Let’s Fish! Hooked On
    Price: £14.99/€19.99

PS Vita demos

Sound Shapes

PS2 games

Donald Duck PS2 Double Pack

Dora The Explorer: Dora Saves The Snow Princess
    Price: £7.99
    Availability: UK, Ireland only

Dynasty Warriors 4
    Price: £7.99/€9.99
    Availability: Not available in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires
    Availability: Not available in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Dynasty Warriors 5
    Availability: Not available in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxemboug, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Availability: Not available in Germany, Saudi Arabia, UAE

Kessen III

Rollercoaster World
    Price: £3.99/€4.99

Samurai Warriors 2

Samurai Warriors 2 Empires

minis

Jetpack Joyride + 50K Coins
    Price: £1.59/€1.99
    PS3 DLC

DmC Devil May Cry

Costume Pack

Prices: £3.19/€3.99

Port Royale 3

Harbour Master

Prices: £3.99/€4.99

LittleBigPlanet (Cross-Buy)

Groundhog Day Costume (re-release for one week)

Prices: Free

Max Payne 3

Deathmatch Made In Heaven

Prices: £7.29/€8.99

Resident Evil 6

Stage Map Pack B

Prices: £1.59/€1.99

Rock Band 3

Aerosmith Pack 01 (£6.99/€7.99)
    Don’t Tell Me What To Dream (£1.19/€1.49)
    Gold Teeth On A Bum (£1.19/€1.49)
    No Surrender (£1.19/€1.49)
    People Of The Deer (£0.59/€0.75)
    Werewolf Grandma With Knives (Part Two: Don’t Die) (£0.59/€0.75)

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rocksmith

Cheap Trick – Surrender
    Steppenwolf – Born To Be Wild
    The Guess Who – American Woman

Prices: £2.39/€2.99
    Availability: Not available in Turkey

Skullgirls

Colour Palettes Bundle

Prices: £3.19/€3.99

Sleeping Dogs

Community Feedback Pack
    The Movie Masters Pack

Prices: £1.19/€1.49
    Availability: Not available in Germany

Street Fighter X Tekken (Cross-Buy)

Combo Editor Expansion (£0.79/€0.99)
    Special Color Palette 4 (Free)

• HiddenAway 30 Jan 2013 15:09:30 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi Hence the earlier disclaimer ;)

• santashi 30 Jan 2013 15:13:03 5,167 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @HiddenAway A fair warning. :) I'm always a little nervous getting a PSN game on release these days!

• wobbly_Bob 2 Feb 2013 12:33:13 1,898 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just got around to trying sound shapes. This is really rare for me but I simply don't know what to make of it. It looks lovely and the idea of various sounds creating the play world is really clever. I wasn't expecting the game to be so bastard hard though. I think though it's beautiful and cool that it's not for me. I wonder why it took them so long to make a demo.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Feb 2013 20:11:59 26,626 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone pick up Vice City at all?

How ropey does it look on modern TVs?
  • the_dudefather 3 Feb 2013 20:34:01 9,418 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Update:

A supervisor called me today. Confirmed that PS+ ignores the 'auto-fund' setting and will still take money off of your credit card regardless of what you have that set to. The only way to cancel the payment is to turn off the 'auto-renew' option.

Even though their T&C's appear to state that if auto-fund is turned off, no payments will be made if you don't have enough in your wallet. Quite how something can still take money from you when you have auto-fund turned off is beyond me.

Fucked up, legally questionable, sales practice.
    Thanks for this info, I just started PS+ today (from the 30 day trial thing) and during the sign-up process it looks like turning off auto-renew is all you need to do

Glad I know otherwise now!

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• kentmonkey 3 Feb 2013 23:16:00 20,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And you have to do it each time you renew as well. No matter what it was on before, as soon as you take out another trial or subscription, whether that's via a subscription pre-pay card or credit card, it'll turn auto-renew AND auto-fund back on.

The auto-renew I don't really have an issue with. But auto-fund is fucking wrong, and is a real security issue (if you were to top up a child's account with, say, £10 and told them that's all they had, they could just take out a PS+ trial which would turn auto-fund on automatically, without any password being entered in, and then they've got access to buy anything they want off of the store).
  • HiddenAway 6 Feb 2013 13:50:07 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BLOLPS 2! Alien Breed! Bentley's Hackpack! Wake Up Club! Ragnarok Odyssey demo! Vita Sale!

Highlights - PS3
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Your House (£60)
    Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 - Your Dog House (£50)
    Alien Breed (Cross Buy (I think)) - Your Lunch (£6.49)
    Bentley's Hackpack - Your train fare (£1.59)

Highlights - Vita
    Escape Plan Collection - Your Dinner (£15.99)
    Alien Breed (Cross Buy (I think)) - Your Lunch (£6.49)
    Bentley's Hackpack - Your train fare (£1.59)
    Wake Up Club - FREE
    Ragnarok Odyssey Demo - FREE

Highlights - PS1
    Crisis Beat - Your err drinks :p (£2.39)

Edited by HiddenAway at 13:50:41 06-02-2013

• hilts 6 Feb 2013 13:56:28 127 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    very good
    dunb question -
    i am presuming the all stars battle royale for sale today for vita will be ps3 as well ?
  • HiddenAway 6 Feb 2013 14:06:00 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @hilts No. Cross Buy (in this case and some others in the future) only works if you buy the PS3 version. You only get the Vita version is you buy the Vita version (i.e. you don't get the PS3 version free)

The PS3 version is still at £39.99 after the sale price was put on the Vita version.

• Page

of 375 First / Last