I hate Facebook Page 76

• Page

of 85 First / Last

• RedSparrows 12 Jul 2013 23:22:01 22,241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shock horror people still use Facebook because shock horror it can be useful.

Even if it is mostly used by gurning idiots.
  • localnotail 12 Jul 2013 23:23:20 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I dunno, if it wasn't for Facebook, where else could like-minded individuals share their passions with strangers?

Important passions like this.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• IMO 12 Jul 2013 23:33:58 5,625 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Fun House (the shitty show with Pat Sharp)
    :eek: Take that back!
  • Load_2.0 26 Jul 2013 10:26:06 19,116 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stupid fake flattery comments relating to portrait pictures plastered on facebook.

You look amazing babes!

Hot mama!

Wow looking sexy!

NO. She doesn't, she looks like a fat 30 something, with a face like a hammered frozen chicken who has pushed 3 kids out of a busted clunge.
  • imamazed 26 Jul 2013 10:28:20 5,531 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeh usually those comments are under a fat bird who's put some make up on or summat

"looking fab babz x x x"
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 26 Jul 2013 10:29:39 37,681 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Speaking of which, how is your sister?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• graysonavich 26 Jul 2013 10:30:40 7,320 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "You look like a painted whore who is trying way too hard because you haven't had a night away from your 3 kids for 5 years xxx"
  • Load_2.0 26 Jul 2013 10:31:00 19,116 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Possibly only being superceded by people waffling on about being happy about deleting their Facebook account.

Great maybe we can all list things no longer in use?

I no longer drink milk.
    I really disliked Avocado & Mint washing up liquid, so won't buy that again!
    I only buy rubbish bags with tie handles.
  • imamazed 26 Jul 2013 10:34:19 5,531 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I no longer drink milk.
    Hippy
  • Deleted user 26 July 2013 11:25:24
    Load_2.0 wrote:

I only buy rubbish bags with tie handles.
    ladifuckingda your majesty.
  • M83J01P97 26 Jul 2013 11:30:28 6,570 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Am I right in saying this new Graph search thing basically circumvents all kinds of privacy you may have set up on your profile? I've got everything set to the maximum level possible, but since this graph search opt in thing started I've had to random people from my local area who I don't know make comments on post's I've made...
  • kentmonkey 31 Aug 2013 16:09:48 20,544 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lots of teeth gnashing going on that this means Facebook now have the right to sell your picture, name and status to an advertiser and 'lawfully' allow them to display it in their ads without you being able to do fuck-all about it, as by merely being a Facebook user you consent to it, without any way of opting out.

Now, is that the case, or are teeth gnashing for absolutely no reason?
  • Deleted user 31 August 2013 16:28:48
    It's been that way since 2009. They're just changing the wording of the agreement due to a lawsuit.
  • RedSparrows 31 Aug 2013 17:30:14 22,241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Weren't they made to stop that in the EU by the EU?
  • Deleted user 31 August 2013 17:39:43
    Not as far as I know. I think that was more to do with the targeted ads ignoring privacy settings.

The outrage is a bit overstated, anyway. Facebook respect your privacy settings (in that ads with your information will only appear to those who have access to said information to begin with), which I guess some people would still have a problem with. But still, the vast majority of it is "I haven't read the thing properly and/or don't really understand it, but someone else said this is how it is, so RAAAAARGH".
  • kentmonkey 31 Aug 2013 19:13:12 20,544 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    The outrage is a bit overstated, anyway. Facebook respect your privacy settings (in that ads with your information will only appear to those who have access to said information to begin with), which I guess some people would still have a problem with. But still, the vast majority of it is "I haven't read the thing properly and/or don't really understand it, but someone else said this is how it is, so RAAAAARGH".
    Exactly why I was trying to find out. Although Facebook don't help themselves by a) not being very clear what they're actually doing in their policy and b) contradicting themselves. At some stages they say they will never sell your information, then state that they will sell your name and photos. It's very confusing.

Although I still don't think it's as cut and dry as that. If you don't want to share your stuff, then you can say 'only my friends see this'. However if your friend then has the setting of 'When I post everyone in the world can see the shit I post' it overrides your original settings as it takes the settings of whatever the last poster was as default.
  • Stickman 31 Aug 2013 21:03:53 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tell me about it! I've lost count of the number of mates' updates that are selfies of them choking on poison gas.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Deleted user 31 August 2013 22:00:39
    I'm pretty sure no-one's getting married just to change their facebook status. It may be the first thing they think to do once they get married, but that's not really the same thing.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2013 22:03:59
    kentmonkey wrote:
    meme wrote:
    Exactly why I was trying to find out. Although Facebook don't help themselves by a) not being very clear what they're actually doing in their policy and b) contradicting themselves. At some stages they say they will never sell your information, then state that they will sell your name and photos. It's very confusing.
    I think they basically mean "we won't sell your personal information" as in email address and other contact details. The photos and "like" information are technically anonymous (or at least completely separate to any other details that could be linked to you).

Although I still don't think it's as cut and dry as that. If you don't want to share your stuff, then you can say 'only my friends see this'. However if your friend then has the setting of 'When I post everyone in the world can see the shit I post' it overrides your original settings as it takes the settings of whatever the last poster was as default.
    Yeah, that's true enough. One of the complaints I heard was that it's impossible to set your cover photo to anything other than public, which is fair enough to get a bit antsy about if you're a stickler for privacy.
  • jonsaan 31 Aug 2013 22:47:56 25,341 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you're a stickler for privacy I'd suggest social networking is not the place for you.

FCUTA!

• RedSparrows 31 Aug 2013 23:45:47 22,241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    Tell me about it! I've lost count of the number of mates' updates that are selfies of them choking on poison gas.
    :D
  • Mola_Ram 1 Sep 2013 07:35:38 7,169 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    The internet already did it.
  • Darth_Flibble 1 Sep 2013 12:27:32 1,655 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really hate those fake flattery comments as well, no you don't look "fab babz" you looks like old slapper with shit ton of make up. A very annoying co-worker spams the news feed with attention seeking comments like "whats the point FFS" and all her friends posting "wats up babz?" and posts all over FB when you spits up with another boyfriend.

I have hidden all her comments but I put my foot in it one time when I asked her weekend was after she publicly ranted on her FB about her latest spilt
  • ResidentKnievel 11 Oct 2013 19:49:40 6,176 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No more privacy option

edit: I'm a month late

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 19:52:38 11-10-2013

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Load_2.0 29 Oct 2013 10:11:36 19,116 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bit Strips - Fucking shite.
  • Deleted user 29 October 2013 10:18:20
    Is that that shitty comic book meme pish that has been littering up my Facebook?
  • Load_2.0 29 Oct 2013 10:19:20 19,116 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yup.
  • Page

of 85 First / Last