Inazuma Eleven, Soccer RPG by Level 5 Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • ReGuRgIt8oR 29 Aug 2011 09:38:43 2,600 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm enjoying it.

Played approx 6 hours on it over the weekend and I like it.

Yes it does feel a bit dated and clunky and I can see how some would think it gets a bit repetitive but I've not found this yet.

I've been taking it relatively slowly so I am only just about to play my second Tournament match. After reading the review and being wary of the tough match at the 2 hour mark I decided to "grind" for about an hour to level up my team first. It then only took me two goes to beat the problem match.

There is a lot of speech but you can press a button to make it appear straight away (rather than scroll up) and by doing this I think it's ok. I do agree with the EG review about the problem with the match clock ticking down during special move animations - God Hand must cost you about 2 mins.

I think the Battle matches are quite good but would like a bit more variety in the objectives (i.e. score 3 or win by 2 etc etc - maybe this happens later on) but I love the full 11 a side matches and just wish they were longer - I'd happily play one for 10 to 15 mins of real time per match.

Overall Im glad I got it and have recommended it to friends.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 29 Aug 2011 16:54:21 6,654 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Amazing that a jrpg is getting advertising money spent on it in the Uk, even if it is about soccer.
  • cowell 29 Aug 2011 20:25:20 689 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Amusing so far but having trouble getting used to the control mechanism during games. Not intuitive to me at all. I'm not a massive RPG fan but the games got bags of character.

Only picked this up cos nobody seemed to bother putting Pacman 3DS on the high street
  • andywilkie35 29 Aug 2011 23:46:36 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decided to try again, but going for the grind tactic first so hopefully I can wipe the floor with them. Haven't heard of any other tough spikes in the game so assuming I can get past that one, should be all good!

Still laughing at the intro song though

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 30 August 2011 09:37:59
    "Stand up! Stand up! If you love football!"

I've not come up against anything even remotely like the Occult match so far. Terrible decision to throw something like that at the player so early on. Not least because it leads you to believe every big game will be heavily scripted.
  • Deleted user 11 March 2012 14:31:29
    Inazuma Eleven 2 is out this Friday, if anyone's interested. Only just found out myself.
  • redcrayon 12 Mar 2012 12:18:47 4,552 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still haven't tried the first one, the thought of that Occult match just puts me off!

Would I need to have played the first one to get on with the sequel? And what's with the two versions?
  • andywilkie35 12 Mar 2012 14:42:38 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are there two versions coming to the UK? Had it on preorder for ages on shopto but only one version available so I assume not...

redcrayon - you should try the first one mate, to get past that Occult match I just did a bit of standard JRPG grinding and then it was ok! Nothing else in the game other than that is a pain in the arse so once you're past that it's plain sailing :)

• Deleted user 12 March 2012 20:56:09
    We are getting both versions: Firestorm and Blizzard. Each have their own exclusive players plus a few other differences.

The first game was really easy after the Occult match.
  • andywilkie35 12 Mar 2012 21:52:39 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    According to shopto it's now not out until late April

• Deleted user 13 March 2012 09:35:42
    It's definitely out on Friday. Might want to order elsewhere.
  • andywilkie35 13 Mar 2012 10:10:36 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Might well do, cheers

• Deleted user 2 April 2012 15:46:42
    Very impressed with the second game. The first was good, but they really hit their stride here. Currently putting together a team of superstars in the post-game!
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next