The Official Metal Appreciation ThreadŽ Page 240

• Page

of 289 First / Last

• warlockuk 9 Aug 2012 08:40:46 19,134 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll forget, but hopefully remembers. :D

New Enslaved track sounds pretty decent, too - that album's out in September I think.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• BeheretiK 9 Aug 2012 08:41:42 883 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    See you guys tomorrow, post Grand Magus. Going to be a good one!

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• BeheretiK 9 Aug 2012 08:49:04 883 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for the heads up on the new Enslaved. Got to be one of my favourite bands, their albums will always be instant buys for me. The track is very good, as I would expect. Great stuff!

Listen to it here btw:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2012/08/08/158219619/song-premiere-enslaved-thoughts-like-hammers

• warlockuk 9 Aug 2012 09:30:40 19,134 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just giving the new Testament a quick listen while I pack... Had to skip track 4, as it was annoying. Can see what buggrit means about Track 6...

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• FuzzyDuck 12 Aug 2012 19:05:30 3,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ack, is it just me or are the first two Malevolent Creation albums out of print?
  • ILoveThrashMetal 13 Aug 2012 15:12:23 669 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Ack, is it just me or are the first two Malevolent Creation albums out of print?
    I got their first one in stock many many moons ago,cost me 18 quid on tape!
    So how was Bloodstock peeps?

Arsechickens

• ILoveThrashMetal 13 Aug 2012 20:25:15 669 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post apocalyptic geniuses Neurosis to release new album 'honor found in decay' 29th October.

Arsechickens

• ILoveThrashMetal 13 Aug 2012 20:43:21 669 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Just did a bit of googling and I think your right.checked out their euro and us label sites with only their last 3 albums available.
    I did see a couple of used 'the ten commandments' on Amazon. worth paying just for 'Thou Shall Kill'

Arsechickens

• themanfromdelmonte 13 Aug 2012 20:58:02 569 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ILoveThrashMetal wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I got their first one in stock many many moons ago,cost me 18 quid on tape!
    So how was Bloodstock peeps?
    On the whole good, if a bit patchy for me. It's still not to the point where the 2nd stage is a serious alternative to main. So, if you get a series of bands on main you don't like, you're kind of stuck. Kyrbgrinder were probably my band of the festival for me, just a pity that the Jager truck didn't actually have a stage platform, so I could only see the band by getting 3 people from the front. Sepultura were a welcome surprise to me, being a Max era fan. Machinehead were the best I've seen them in years. Sa-Da-Ko and Incinery were promising bands on the Newblood stage. Was a little disappointed with a slightly "Toys light." Alice Cooper set. Had a great time on the campsite with the Nottingham/London/Swindon mashup group I was with.

Anthrax is a big draw for me next year. Needs more prog on main though.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Aug 2012 21:00:49 3,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ILoveThrashMetal wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Just did a bit of googling and I think your right.checked out their euro and us label sites with only their last 3 albums available.
    I did see a couple of used 'the ten commandments' on Amazon. worth paying just for 'Thou Shall Kill'
    Dang, thought as much.

I've got a Roadrunner 'best of' (hate those albums, but it's certainly better than nothing!), and 'Thou Shall Kill' certainly rips, 'Sacrificial Annihilation' is an absolute monster of a tune too!

Oh well, i'll be picking up a few Immolation albums instead.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 13 Aug 2012 23:42:27 669 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    ILoveThrashMetal wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Dang, thought as much.

I've got a Roadrunner 'best of' (hate those albums, but it's certainly better than nothing!), and 'Thou Shall Kill' certainly rips, 'Sacrificial Annihilation' is an absolute monster of a tune too!

Oh well, i'll be picking up a few Immolation albums instead.
    Dawn of possession is up there as an all time classic.get their ep they released for free download to

Arsechickens

• lucky_jim 14 Aug 2012 05:19:48 5,260 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    themanfromdelmonte wrote:
    Kyrbgrinder were probably my band of the festival for me
    Heh wow, I'll pass that on, they'll be well pleased with that! :-)
  • warlockuk 14 Aug 2012 11:14:24 19,134 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bloodstock was fun, nice to meet up with folks again. Even saw a few people in Dyscaphia shirts which was kinda weird :D

How fucking awful are I am I, though?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• themanfromdelmonte 14 Aug 2012 11:59:04 569 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    themanfromdelmonte wrote:
    Kyrbgrinder were probably my band of the festival for me
    Heh wow, I'll pass that on, they'll be well pleased with that! :-)
    While you're at it, tell them to get their arses up Nottingham way, soon plz.
  • Deleted user 14 August 2012 14:49:56
    A couple of new Stone Sour songs.

I enjoyed their debut record from way back, but have hated pretty much everything else since. This isnt too god awful tbh the first song anyway.
  • warlockuk 14 Aug 2012 15:50:02 19,134 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's still pretty god-awful, tbh. :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• FuzzyDuck 15 Aug 2012 20:23:19 3,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ILoveThrashMetal

Cheers for the heads up on the EP listening to it right now, top stuff!

Dawn of Possession is indeed on the 'list' (birthday in a few weeks :D); although the missus was less than impressed as i have her looking for a Spawn of Possession album too. I once played her some Obscura back to back with Gorgut's 'Obscura'. I may have been frowned at! :D
  • lucky_jim 16 Aug 2012 07:01:27 5,260 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @themanfromdelmonte

They play that part of the world quite a lot, I'm not sure how often they play Nottingham, but they've definitely played there a few times before. They always like gigging around the midlands- Tommy insists they're the best crowds he plays to. They play in Derby quite often too, which is only a border crossing, passport check and full cavity search away from Nottingham! ;-)

Gig info always gets posted on their facebook page first, so I'd suggest you keep half an eye on it as I'd be surprised if they don't play near you soon-ish (like I said, they love it around there).
  • Deleted user 16 August 2012 15:33:12
    Anyone heard the new Katatonia album yet? Thoughts?
  • buggrit 16 Aug 2012 19:04:49 5,178 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    It's good. It loses its way a bit in the middle, and I think Dead End Kings is a way better record overall, but it's still very lovely.
  • Maturin 16 Aug 2012 19:23:39 2,892 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a very good album. Been listening to a promo for a month now. Really must write my review.
  • Progguitarist 17 Aug 2012 20:11:49 10,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A rough draft of a solo I worked on today.

Edited by Progguitarist at 20:12:04 17-08-2012
  • buggrit 18 Aug 2012 08:53:13 5,178 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    buggrit wrote:
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    It's good. It loses its way a bit in the middle, and I think Dead End Kings is a way better record overall, but it's still very lovely.
    I mean Night Is The New Day is a better record, of course.
  • Syrette 23 Aug 2012 20:52:22 43,108 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New VOD song and video!

• OllyJ 24 Aug 2012 17:30:47 3,252 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cool!!!
  • BeheretiK 24 Aug 2012 18:01:12 883 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is great! Looked for some more info and turns out they are playing Manchester 15/09. Sold!

• Deleted user 28 August 2012 15:41:20
    Any Ensiferum fans here? The new album is fucking horrible :(
  • warlockuk 28 Aug 2012 16:17:56 19,134 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it really? I know at least one person who'll be in denial about that. I'll have to listen to it so that I may adequately mock her :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 28 August 2012 17:28:42
    There is some genuinely bad songs on it tbh The incompetent Petri Lindroos is even singing off key at some points. The last song is 17 minutes of incoherent mess.

Really sad, I rate their self titled as the quintessential folk metal album. :(
  • GuiltySpark 28 Aug 2012 17:38:22 6,324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like the new Katatonia album, but it somehow seems like a regression to before NITND.

Though I guess we didn't really just want NITND mark 2.

Get bent.

• Page

of 289 First / Last