of 42 First / Last

• DevilsKebab 13 Jan 2005 12:16:50 682 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Aga 13 Jan 2005 13:45:10 2,148 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Petition online? Has that ever done anything?
  • Spanky 13 Jan 2005 13:53:23 14,895 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not really but at least it shows people are interested. It's a legal wrangle that's stopping it's release, not lazyness on the distributors/publishers/creators part.
  • Nemesis 13 Jan 2005 13:54:19 19,189 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    /has never seen Twin Peaks.

Well, except this girl....but we won't go into that.
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Jan 2005 13:57:10 38,442 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    /has never seen Twin Peaks.

Well, except this girl....but we won't go into that.

Get the DVD of the first season. Like I said when I made this thread: I was utterly amazed how good it is(though I had watched it on TV about ten years ago).

Unless you absolutely hate David Lynch.
  • pjmaybe 13 Jan 2005 14:04:39 70,666 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Blimey didn't realise they cancelled the proper 2nd series vids, I'll hang on to my "taped off the telly" ones then..!

Can you not even get region 1 copies?

Peej
  • Nemesis 13 Jan 2005 14:05:52 19,189 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Temptation to spend money rising!
  • pjmaybe 13 Jan 2005 14:09:06 70,666 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hold on, you telling me the series 1 DVD is 18 quid now?

NOOO!

Peej
  • pjmaybe 13 Jan 2005 14:10:06 70,666 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I know, which is what I paid!!!

Peej
  • Peekaboo 13 Jan 2005 14:10:55 152 posts
    Registered 13 years ago
    Season 2 DVD boxsets sometime this year, however might not be to the same high quality as the season 1 boxset........

Good site about the whole Twin Peaks thing is www.dugpa.com
  • Nemesis 13 Jan 2005 14:11:15 19,189 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ooooooh. Hard luck!

/advantage for turning up late to the party.
  • eviltobz  20 Jan 2005 15:39:28 2,609 posts
    Registered 14 years ago
    rhythm wrote:
    /bump

Just been watching the first series again and my GOD I'd forgotten how nice Madchen Amick was!
    i never saw it, but this post inspired me to start watching it on my mailbox movies subscription, and goddamn you're right :)

seen the pilot & first 4 eps now and i'm really enjoying it. and the backwards talking dream dwarf guy made me giggle.
  • Deleted user 20 January 2005 15:44:22
    Best TV series ever bar none!

I've got the original video box set of the whole lot. It's nice to have them all, but the quality is shocking, and it hasn't got the full length first episode for some reason, so actually misses out some quite important stuff.

Fire Walk With Me isn't bad either, if you just watch it as a David Lynch film, and don't expect it to actually solve anything for you.
  • Singularity 5 Jun 2005 21:52:56 2,615 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    IIRC the end of season one is a bit of a cliffhanger. I saw it for the first time on channel five a couple of years ago and they promised to have the second series soon. But they never did, so I still don't know what happened. (: ()
  • Whizzo 5 Jun 2005 21:54:22 44,730 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Given the ending of season 2 and how unsatisfying that season is perhaps you were lucky...

Season 2 is nowhere as good as the first and it's a real shame.

It's still worth watching however.

Edited by Whizzo at 21:54:10 05-06-2005
  • Deleted user 5 June 2005 23:21:08
    Yep, it's a cliffhanger alright. A veritable white cliff of dover. Or, er, something else that's quite cliff-like. I'd still recommend watching it though - it might drive you crazy but your life will be more complete for having seen it!
  • Zoltar 5 Jun 2005 23:48:27 628 posts
    Registered 12 years ago
    Although the second series is not as good as the first, it's still ten times better than anything else that's ever been on TV. Besides, surely you have to know what happens.

I've got the original VHS boxset of the whole lot, but the quality was bad to start with, and now everytime I watch them it deteriorates further. I've always assumed they would rerelease the lot on DVD eventually, even with the little hiccup of the first attempt.

Anyway, don't let the cliffhangers put you off, there's always the Fire Walk with Me movie that clears everything up nicely...

;-)
  • Spanky 6 Jun 2005 09:19:04 14,895 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Best thing about season 2 is getting to show all the women in the world how attractive david duchovny is in it :D

There dreams burned down in ashes and suspenders.

I might try for the spanish season 2 dvds, anybody got them? Can they vouch for the quality?
  • Shadrach 6 Jun 2005 10:07:44 1,878 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My friend does have the box set of season 2, the quality isn't top notch to be honest, but then I only watched them on a monitor so it really didn't bother me too much, then there is the Spanishness of them but it's easy enough to take the Spanish subtitles and dubbing off of course.

It's very different from the first series, it seems to expand more and introduce new characters almost every episode, making it feel like you are struggling to catch up... still very good though... The owls are not what they seem. Apparently.
  • gamingdave 6 Jun 2005 10:12:25 4,639 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ive got the Spanish DVDs. There no where near the quality of the 1st season (and infact on the Spanish set the 1st season is worse than the 2nd). They are totaly watchable, but not much better than VHS and have some fadded colours. Thers an issue on the sound, in that it defaults to Spanish and its a bit of a mess the way you have to skip soundtracks, but thats only a minor grumble really.

I got them eventualy after much deliberation, but couldnt face watching the 1st season without the 2nd to follow on, and constant delays of the 2nd and 3rd boxs of the remastered versions broke the camels back.

--edit--

They look a lot nicer on a TV than a monitor.

Edited by gamingdave at 10:12:33 06-06-2005
  • Frankypanky 6 Jun 2005 10:50:10 929 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Brilliant ... absolutely brilliant ... I don't have any idea what's going on!
  • Spanky 6 Jun 2005 10:57:36 14,895 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ha sounds like the reviews for Mulholland Drive, worst film evah!

All the reviews on amazon are great,

[code]5 stars
    No idea what's going on, but i love david lynch so its great, and its got several lesboid scenes so thats +10, here's a link to a website that explains whats going on(blah), martians are invading the earth and are using crying lesbians with personality disorders to open a rift between mars and gallifrey. Intercut with the rest of the film are some unrelated short movies to hide the fact the film has no plot. +10 [/code]
  • marilena 6 Jun 2005 11:05:38 8,215 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Mulholland Drive is the only film that I didn't understand at all, then, when someone explained it, I agreed that it makes perfect sense and I decided that it's good. I'm too lazi to search for it, but the explanation is on the Web somewhere.
  • Zoltar 6 Jun 2005 11:08:35 628 posts
    Registered 12 years ago
    Agreed, I though Mulholland Drive was excellent, and at least you can make some attempt at explaining it. Lost Highway I didn't like so much.
  • Tabasco 6 Jun 2005 11:08:46 5,845 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Incidently, it now looks like Spring 06 for season 2 by the way, although its looking very promising as Paramount have secured all the rights they needed.
    Any links to this Furbs? It's just that I've heard news like this for about 4 years now...:o)
  • UncleLou Moderator 6 Jun 2005 11:13:50 38,442 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well, Mulholland Drive doesn't make much sense, which is not surprising seeing that it was meant to be a series like Twin Peaks, with the movie being the pilot.

Still, I don't think David Lynch's movies have to be "understood". Nearly all his work has a disturbing, deeply worrying atmosphere, and that's what I like about him. The plot really is secondary.
  • Spanky 6 Jun 2005 11:25:37 14,895 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Its as uncie says, its a collection of scenes shot for a tv show that was never finished, cobbled together and released as a movie. If it requires such extensive explaining its failed utterly to convey its message. There seems to be more apoligists for lynch than lucas, tis always a fun read.

I actually preferred Lost Highway by miles, which to me is where half of the ideas for Mulholland drive come from in the first place. Most lynch films have at least an overarching plot and structure, yes the beauty is in the details but the film must satisfy as a whole and MD is a pile of heinz spag.

Soundtracks still good though. :D
  • marilena 6 Jun 2005 11:29:50 8,215 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ok, ok. Here it is.

Obviously, it would have been easier to understand as a series, but it's not just a sequence of weird images.
  • Frankypanky 6 Jun 2005 11:33:42 929 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Frankypanky wrote:
    Brilliant ... absolutely brilliant ... I don't have any idea what's going on!

So nobody spotted the Simpsons quote?

/tuts
  • Tabasco 6 Jun 2005 11:35:44 5,845 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Sweet Furbs - Cheers!
  • Page

of 42 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.