Twin Peaks

• Page

of 32 First / Last

Previous
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Jan 2004 00:02:30 38,331 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I am watching Twin Peaks, series 1, on DVD at the moment, not having seen it since it was on TV more than 10 years ago.

Damn, I had forgotten just how good this is.

Incredible.

Now where is series 2??? Due to some legal issues in the USA, there is still no release date, afaik. :-(

/eats a piece of cherry pie
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 4 Jan 2004 00:04:38 6,170 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    /licks lips

Can i have some pie ?
  • Shadrach 4 Jan 2004 00:40:43 1,878 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've still yet to see the 2nd series of this. You're right, it is stunningly good. And its gone down in price, at least in HMV where the DVD box set used to cost a frankly stoopid £50.

/quick check on Play

ooohhh £18 quid, thats a bit of a must really isn't it?
  • Zond3 4 Jan 2004 01:40:18 635 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    its the same with Cheers, they only ever released Series 1 on DVD.

As were on the subject of David Lynch, have any of you seen Mulholland Drive and understood it?
  • Daithi 4 Jan 2004 01:43:18 149 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I got the first seson on US release and got sick of waiting for the second season to arrive, so I bought a 10 disc set on ebay a while back with all 29 or so episodes. It was only released in Spain for some reason??? The quality is very poor but for the sake of seeing the whole series again it was worth it.
  • quantumsheep 4 Jan 2004 01:48:56 3,128 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Loved this when I was at college - used to huddle round a friend's portable tv with donuts, coffee and a couple of logs we got from the park every week to watch the new episodes.

My best mate was scared shitless by Bob - that bit where he crawls over the sofa - man, it really got to him!

And the end was incredible! "Where's Annie? Where's Annie?"

Apparently there was going to be an episode of the X-files which would have been a Twin Peaks crossover - would have loved to have seen that ;)
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Jan 2004 02:05:01 38,331 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    As were on the subject of David Lynch, have any of you seen Mulholland Drive and understood it?

Yes, and no. :-)

Afaik, it was more or less a pilot to a TV series as well, which got canned.

Edited by UncleLou at 02:06:39 04-01-2004
  • Whizzo 4 Jan 2004 02:31:05 44,730 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    18 quid for the first season? Hmm I think yet another purchase from Play could be in order. I've got far too many DVDs to watch, including the entire first season of The Shield I got from HMV for 20 quid...

It's been far too long since I've seen Audrey interviewed for One Eyed Jack's. :-D
  • Harry  4 Jan 2004 02:31:09 1,120 posts
    Registered 14 years ago
    I loved the first season when it was first on. But I didn't like the second series at all. I think it was best when the weirdness contrasted with the small town setting. Season two veered too far away from that and it lost my interest.

/remembers Sherilyn Fenn in those tight sweaters

/sighs
  • Whizzo 4 Jan 2004 02:46:02 44,730 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It did start to lose its way in the second season but was still damn fine for the most part!

Sherilyn really hasn't done anything to match playing Audrey. I don't care what Agent Cooper's morals are, if Audrey Horne was throwing herself at you like she did to the G-Man you couldn't possibly resist surely? :-)
  • blablabla 4 Jan 2004 09:21:16 1,006 posts
    Registered 14 years ago
    I have the first series special edition on DVD and I've been on the lookout for the second series for a couple of years now. You can get a VHS copy of the second series which used to be sold on amazon but from what I hear there are two versions and one of them is of very questionable quality. I had a good search around and almost everything I heard about the second series DVD was pointing toward the fact that it would never be made/released.

:(
  • UncleLou Moderator 17 Jan 2004 23:48:32 38,331 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Scroll down on this page until December 17 - seems like there might be a September 2004 release for the 2nd season outside of the US!
  • commander-dixon 17 Jan 2004 23:51:20 879 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    twin peaks, best tv serie 3V4R!!!
    (i used to collect twin peak T-shirt)and had quite nice ones :)
  • striker 18 Jan 2004 00:00:10 2,605 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Damn you play.com, why don't you ship to Portugal?

What other online stores do you recomend for DVDs besides Play and Amazon?
  • Khab 18 Jan 2004 00:29:52 6,582 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dvd Crave. They're aussies, mind, so it's outside euroland.
  • BartonFink 18 Jan 2004 09:25:55 35,266 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    /stands with otto

Great series a bit on the very weird side but very good none the less.
  • UncleLou Moderator 18 Jan 2004 10:31:44 38,331 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yes, it is the best TV series ever - I've only got the last episode of season 1 to watch, that's why I checked again yesterday for a release of the second season - my life will be empty now without the chance to watch two episodes each weekend. :-(

Any suggestions what I could replace it with? Is 24 worth it?
  • Wretched-Chin 18 Jan 2004 12:26:28 743 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Zond 3 wrote:

Seen it, yup. Understood it: nope.

And about Twin Peaks - I read somewhere they plan to release two season 2 box sets as the second season is about 20 episodes long, I think.
  • commander-dixon 18 Jan 2004 14:24:05 879 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    i was a david Lynch fanboï
    (i even liked DUNE, in spite of Sting...)
    Mullholland drive was excellent, very Twin peaks mood.
    The Straight story is one of my favourite movie ...
    But,
    i feel disappointed with all the HIS HOLINESS MAHARISHI MAHESH YOGI stuff he's preaching now ...
  • Retroid Moderator 18 Jan 2004 14:34:03 45,444 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dune is one of my favourite films, despite it's faults. Much better than the mini series.

(I must get around to watching the 3 hour long 'TV special' edition I bought on DVD for a fiver)

Definately one of my favourite peeps in films, along with Tim Burton.

But... what's this guru thing he's got involved with?

/Sighs

Why must all the groovy showbiz people get involved with weird crap? O_o
  • commander-dixon 18 Jan 2004 14:40:31 879 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    Dune is one of my favourite films, despite it's faults. Much better than the mini series.

(I must get around to watching the 3 hour long 'TV special' edition I bought on DVD for a fiver)

Definately one of my favourite peeps in films, along with Tim Burton.

But... what's this guru thing he's got involved with?

/Sighs

Why must all the groovy showbiz people get involved with weird crap? O_o
    the worse is that David Lynch seem really involved in this one (not like f.e all the pseudo-buddist from Hollywood)
  • Lovemoose 18 Jan 2004 14:51:51 1,001 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I loved twin peaks, and watched it religiously when it was first on. Twenty minutes from the end of the last episode, my mam came into the living room, sat down and asked "so what's all this about then?"

argh!

Edited by Lovemoose at 14:53:29 18-01-2004
  • Deleted user 18 January 2004 15:16:04
    Zond 3 wrote:
    MD is one of the best recent movies, despite the re-shooting schedule and all the other troubles. I "kind of" understood it (I've seen it around 5 times), there still are some question marks though.

Twin Peaks is excellent also, never understood how people can compare X Files with it!
  • pjmaybe 19 Jan 2004 09:08:57 70,666 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I was, am and ever shall be a MASSIVE fan of Twin Peaks. We NEED the DVD box set of series II (although series 1 is cool, series 2 just got weirder and weirder!)

...And let's face it, I don't think there's ever been a more babetastic eyefest in a TV series - what with the likes of Sherylin Fenn, Sheryl Lee, Madchen (Oh god YESSSSSS!) Amick, Joan Chen (OK she was a bit of a minger) - the list goes on...

Peej

Edited by pjmaybe at 09:11:14 19-01-2004
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Jan 2005 10:50:14 38,331 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hmmmmm, yes. I'd take Sherilyn Fenn though, if I had the choice. :-)
  • Aga 13 Jan 2005 11:10:14 2,148 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Twin Peaks got me hooked on donuts!
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Jan 2005 11:11:48 38,331 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Any news on the second series, btw?
  • RubyRed 13 Jan 2005 11:24:56 4,303 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wasn't particularly interesed in TP when it was aired on TV in the 90s, but then I bought Spanky the first series and decided to watch it with him and found it completely absorbing. I think we watched every single episode (Spanky had them all on video too) in the space of two weeks 'cos I couldn't get enough of it. I can't wait for the second series, if it ever comes out at all.

I don't miss Joan Chen's whiney voice though. "Haiwee!" (Harry).

Edited by RubyRed at 11:30:14 13-01-2005
  • gamingdave 13 Jan 2005 11:32:29 4,634 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Without a doubt the finest thing on TV ever!

Got the 1st season set, also got the spanish DVD set with all the episodes, the quality is pretty ropey on that, but plenty good enough to watch them all.

Recently watched the whole lot and FWWM in the space of a couple of weeks, did mess my head a little.

Everyone should read this, it really is fantastic and had me grinnning from ear to ear all the way through.
  • DevilsKebab 13 Jan 2005 12:16:00 682 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not sure if these online petitions ever do anything useful, but there are almost 20,000 on there

Sign it
  • Page

of 32 First / Last

Previous

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.