EVE ONLINE Page 3

• Page

of 164 First / Last

• mingster 11 Jan 2004 11:04:37 3,270 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hi all..

When are you INCOM guys online?(whats left of em!)

You don't seem to stay on very long just for a skillcheck an go usually!

Do we need to organise an actual Eve time when your all available?

Luckily Galaxian Guerrilas are always out in full force in Reblier so i've had someone to play with.

G-G are going from strength to strength with some very shrewd business investments. So expect plenty of Battleship backup from them if it comes on top.

I mysely now fly a Raven. The 6 siege launchers it carries are cool.

We now own 6c whenever we go there and force pirates to flee. Infact we have started attacking most people that come by hahah I feel myself swaying to the dark side more an more every day.

• mingster 11 Jan 2004 11:05:27 3,270 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    James Caldari where are you?

You have gone MIA!
  • chimp_hustler 11 Jan 2004 11:14:41 320 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    i have just finalised my move to reb. but YOUR the one thats never on ming :)

and vel, i would like a bellicose and scythe bp! (i'm trying to own all the minmatar cruisers :p)

and where IS jc? its like Carmen Sandiego all over again!
  • Huggybear 11 Jan 2004 11:40:02 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    Hi all..

When are you INCOM guys online?(whats left of em!)

You don't seem to stay on very long just for a skillcheck an go usually!

Do we need to organise an actual Eve time when your all available?

Luckily Galaxian Guerrilas are always out in full force in Reblier so i've had someone to play with.

G-G are going from strength to strength with some very shrewd business investments. So expect plenty of Battleship backup from them if it comes on top.

I mysely now fly a Raven. The 6 siege launchers it carries are cool.

We now own 6c whenever we go there and force pirates to flee. Infact we have started attacking most people that come by hahah I feel myself swaying to the dark side more an more every day.

Raven? Excellent! I too have felt tempted by the dark side:-D

However, I think I'll just keep hunting pirates for now.

Yes, Incom seems to be withering away... I've been online almost all week last week, and haven't met that many members. Meta is still around every now and then during the day, and I talked to James a couple of times briefly. Had a chat with his wife too, while the old man was blow-drying his hair:-D (if you're reading this James, that was for calling me ?????? back in the day!)

James, we need you online so we can talk about what to do next. Maybe we could merge with mcorp like we once planned?

Unfortunately, my days of playing Eve late at night (after 10pm UK time, midnight my time) are numbered, so I'll probably mostly be online on the week-ends, and whenever I have free evenings a couple of times every week.

• Velios 11 Jan 2004 16:18:44 172 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hi Incom, any of you guys using teamspeak? I now have all all 5 of my directors using it to great effect, maybe you want to join the party and we can discuss ways to work closer together if you find your numbers dwindling a little.

I must admit from first hand experience that its tough trying to keep everyone together and M.Corp has had a few "dips" of it's own in the past as well, but with a little effort trying to get everyone together (like ming is showing) then things can become vibrant again... so dont panic

In answer to Huggys suggestion about the merger, all my directors are totally agreed that the current crop of active incom members are totally sound :) hope you feel the same about us... it feels like we are in the same corp in many ways, but there has always been that difference in our locations.

M.Corp has recently got its grubby mitts on an Apoc original so we are trying to make HUGE profits so we can buy a Thphoon original BP. Both by selling BPC's and are setting out to make 5 Apocalypse ships. If any of you guys want to maybe get involved with that noble cause then you are most welcome, we also have a few people we want to kill in the most violent fasion imaginable, help us!
  • Huggybear 11 Jan 2004 17:44:51 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Velios, I wouldn't suggest merging with Mcorp if we didn't like you would I? :-)

Anyway, you mentioned you need some people killed? Muahahahahaaa! I'm SO there!

... unfortunately my experience of pirates so far is that on a level playing field (say, 1 vs. 1 in Battleships, both equipped for battle) they run like the chickens they are. It's quite hard to catch a specific person. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try though.

Edited by Huggybear at 17:45:18 11-01-2004
  • mingster 11 Jan 2004 17:59:11 3,270 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hehe Jazz.. i was happy just shooting at you!

• Huggybear 13 Jan 2004 11:16:04 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LOU SUABIA (UncleLou, right?), if you're reading this, could you please let us know if you've dropped Eve entirely, or are just taking a (long) break.

There may be an important vote held in the near future, so if you're still interested in Incom, you might want to have your say as well. Of course, you can just as well vote here if you don't want to reactivate your account yet.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2004 16:11:54
    killer clowns from outer space have been added to the list. one of them, chewy(sec. status -9.7), has been camping the gate in reblier picking off people just ouside the sentry gun range. he took a frigate of mine and almost managed to pod me. if he is still around later does anyone want to kill a rat?
  • Huggybear 15 Jan 2004 09:36:28 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DiscoStu wrote:
    killer clowns from outer space have been added to the list. one of them, chewy(sec. status -9.7), has been camping the gate in reblier picking off people just ouside the sentry gun range. he took a frigate of mine and almost managed to pod me. if he is still around later does anyone want to kill a rat?

Which of the two gates? How far is he from the gate? (I mean, if I warp in at 50km, will I be near him, or is he very far away, or in another direction?

And more importantly, what ship is he in?

Couldn't be there yesterday (work until half past nine, then to a bar), but if he's still there today, I'll go pay him a visit.
  • Huggybear 15 Jan 2004 12:43:41 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago

/pokes thread with a stick

Oh dear, this one's almost dead:-(
  • Ginger 15 Jan 2004 14:00:22 6,827 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nah, not dead. Just resting...

I actually think it's a bit scared that what happened to the last thread will happen to this one...

I'll be back in EvE next week, but working away from my PC at the minute... I'm dreading the fact that I've been offered the tech2 250mm railgun BP or something and I've not been there to accept it...

London open taekwondo champion

• Huggybear 15 Jan 2004 14:10:15 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /drum roll

Jazz Bo got bounty prize for killing Guardian Enforcer: 500,000 Isk.

Yes, yours truly has felled his first Megathron Battleship NPC. The harder they come, the harder they fall:-D

Sadly, didn't get the loot, fired one salvo of Cruise missiles too many, blew the can up:-(

Besides, a flock of his Captains was on me soon after, so I had to warp out before my shields failed, 'cos I was out of cap to use the Booster.

Edited by Huggybear at 14:11:13 15-01-2004

Edited by Huggybear at 14:13:18 15-01-2004
  • James-Caldari 15 Jan 2004 14:33:55 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hi guys,

Yes, I am still around :)

Sorry I haven't been online much recently, but I've been busy finishing the games I got for Christmas. So far I've ticked off Kotor and Max Payne 2. CoD is almost completed too. Figured the best way to get back to EVE was to concentrate on getting the new games finished first.

Anyway, I think the merger with MCorp is a sound idea. Neither corp is exactly overflowing with members, and we all seem to get on well. There's probably more to it that initially meets the eye, and no doubt it will be a complex procedure. However, it's worthwhile.

I will be rejoining EVE soon (probably this weekend). Apologies for not being around very much - I would have sent a corp e-mail, but I didn't actually plan to go AWOL for so long :)
  • Huggybear 15 Jan 2004 16:11:55 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In the immortal words of... umm, someone, "wtf?"

The Dominix rats were actually worth MORE than the Megathron ones, 750k. They were called "Elders".

So it seems I picked the wrong target this time... went back but this time they warped out before I got in range.

It was one scary spawn though, two Megathrons, two Dominixes and a dozen or so cruisers, mostly Thoraxes.

And the first time they appeared, they were all just 20-25km away from me, almost wet my pants.
  • ariel-acterus 17 Jan 2004 12:00:14 7 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    If anyone from M.Corp or Incom is looking for some 0.0 action then please join as at Egbinger at 6.25 gmt - the location should give you an idea as to what we're up to.

Hope to see you there - join the efa channel and bring big ships with lots of guns!

Should be fun!

Love,
    Ariel
    xxx
  • Huggybear 18 Jan 2004 16:12:30 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did anything interesting happen Ariel?

I couldn't join in 'cos I had to go to the pub;-)
  • ariel-acterus 18 Jan 2004 18:45:10 7 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was a trap!

Someone tipped them off as there were enemy ships in just the right gates to get us. We suffered heavy losses. It was just like a film.
    The big guns were jumping gates with no probs, but the miners and haulers were ambushed when they went through.
    Lost my cruiser and got podded - but it was great fun.
    I distinctly remember one of my corp mates (a miner) at a gate in a cruiser shooting misiles (his only defence) at 3 battleships.
    He died of course but bought enough time for the haulers to get away.

Everyone was fully insured and had up to date clones so we didn't really 'lose' anything and provided some great entertainment for us and our adversaries.

Shame u couldn't make it boys, it was good fun!

Love,
    Ariel
    xxx
  • chimp_hustler 18 Jan 2004 22:26:54 320 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    well, i'll just carry on doing missions with a corp that doesnt have any research agents cos they are all a bajillion miles away :p
  • Huggybear 19 Jan 2004 18:53:02 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    chimp_hustler wrote:
    well, i'll just carry on doing missions with a corp that doesnt have any research agents cos they are all a bajillion miles away :p

Are you sure? The Caldari corporations that have R&D departments have research agents all around, including the Syndicate region.

With my (quite decent) faction standing and Connections 3 I only need to do one mission for a lvl 1 agent to get access to their low-quality lvl 3 research agents. Less than three days to go until Science 5 now.

Bad luck there Ariel... it seems you have a mole in your midst!
  • Ginger 19 Jan 2004 22:14:59 6,827 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    for those of you that have missed it there's a reader reveiw on the front page that's already got 260 comments :)

linky

London open taekwondo champion

• Huggybear 21 Jan 2004 08:50:26 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh Mingster, where art thou?
  • Zond3 22 Jan 2004 00:28:13 635 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To any pilots out there that still read this thread, Ive updated the Ship Spec Comparison Tool over at www.zond3.net. You now have the ability to do a quick ship v ship spec comparison.

... while youre there feel free to click on those nice
    little google ads to help me pay for the site :) ...

• Huggybear 22 Jan 2004 09:02:45 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /commands his army of typewriter-banging monkeys to click on those ads for a few days
  • Huggybear 22 Jan 2004 09:07:16 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zondy, the Scorpion is now slower. Not sure if they also changed the speed of the Raven.
  • thrawn 22 Jan 2004 09:16:42 891 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    For all those wondering if ming had been abducted I have good news. He was around for a little bit last night. He's alive and kicking.

Sounds useful Zond. I shall take a look (and have a little click for you too).

Edit: Bad fingers

Edited by thrawn at 09:17:07 22-01-2004
  • Zond3 25 Jan 2004 02:05:06 635 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Huggybear wrote:
    Zondy, the Scorpion is now slower. Not sure if they also changed the speed of the Raven.

thanks for reminding me things had changed since Castor, Huggy :)

Every single ship spec is now included and compliant with build 1352. Specs are now also grouped, making things easier to read.
  • Velios 26 Jan 2004 12:24:54 172 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zond, that comparison tool is fantastic! hmmm I could use a chat with you to talk about some cool stuff we could do on the new M.Corp site soon :-)

See you in Unertek!

and come to www.mcorp.webhop.net
    Thats M.Corps current forum
  • Huggybear 28 Jan 2004 09:58:27 691 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    James, I sent you a message regarding your proposition. I probably won't be on today, but if you want to talk, I'll be on Thursday and Friday sometime before 8 pm UK time, and on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, sometime after down time.

The rest of you Incom chaps! I've moved all my possessions to Unertek, and soon (before/during next week end) I'll fly my ships there too. Marcus and Jedi should definitely come there as the rats there drop projectile items, which should be more useful to you. Meta will have more people to mine with and Ming and James can join me in the near-by Great Wildlands where we can have tons of fun while the NPCs shower us with missiles, all kinds of beautiful explosions all around. Zond3 is already there, generating tremendous amounts of (penis) envy, flying around in his mighty (and very long) Iteron V (or so I hope).

It appears that the GGs are starting to pirate for real, camping the gate in Sicksea with Fairlane etc.
  • Page

of 164 First / Last