Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 263

• Page

of 305 First / Last

• mikeck 17 Jul 2013 16:11:19 1,936 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wogsy81 Downloading SR3 in 12 hours is most certainly the fault of your download speeds, not PSN's.
  • JoeBlade 19 Jul 2013 00:07:28 2,584 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just lechtured a spider for 5 minutes for being a lazy arse and just sitting on my door instead of catching mozzies.

Disclaimer: I may not be entirely sober.
  • Rusty_M 19 Jul 2013 21:39:15 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fucking drivers are all nuts today it seems. I swear a guy in front of me on the way to work must have been drunk. Doing 45 with nothing in front of him on the motorway, whilst veering all over the lane. They would pull into the right-hand lane every time they passed a slip road, causing the traffic in that lane to brake heavily. When in that lane, they actually straddled the line a bit.

On the way home, some traffic lights turned red and the car in front of me went though on amber. I stopped, but the car behind decided to undertake me and blast through the junction. Can't believe the red light camera didn't go off.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• localnotail 19 Jul 2013 22:09:23 23,093 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Red light camera?

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• X201 19 Jul 2013 22:17:51 15,577 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Red light camera?
    Like on the Birmingham New Road, assuming you've wandered in this direction local.
  • X201 19 Jul 2013 22:23:49 15,577 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    They would pull into the right-hand lane every time they passed a slip road,

Lots of people do that, its etiquette. Makes joining the road easier and safer for people on the slip road.

Obviously you don't do it if its going to cause problems for people in the right hand lane.
  • Vortex808 19 Jul 2013 23:25:40 7,294 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    Rusty_M wrote:
    They would pull into the right-hand lane every time they passed a slip road,
    Lots of people do that, its etiquette. Makes joining the road easier and safer for people on the slip road.

Obviously you don't do it if its going to cause problems for people in the right hand lane.
    You need to speak to people round my way!

Every night after work I have to join a road using a slip road. I reckon about 80-90% of drivers won't shift over to let you out, even when there's fuck all in the outer lane for miles.

That shit gets my goat. Every. Flipping. Night.
  • Razer 20 Jul 2013 00:12:45 1,068 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    On my way home from work tonight on the motorway, which was empty, some guy was pootling along in the fast lane at 70 mph.

So, being the good citizen I am, rather than undertake him, i moved over to the fast lane and he obligingly moved all the way over to the inside lane while I passed him. I then moved all the way back to the inside lane myself, and watched in my mirror as he moved all the way back to the fast lane! For the love of God, why?

EDIT - I say fast lane, i mean outside lane, before some arse corrects me

Edited by Razer at 00:16:36 20-07-2013
  • Rusty_M 20 Jul 2013 01:06:29 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The thing is, there was a lot of traffic doing something between 60 and 70 in the outside lane, and fuck all joining from the slip road. I'm aware of the etiquette of moving over if safe to do so to let people in.

Though it does bug me that so many people seem to think that joining traffic has right of way. If you can't merge without making traffic already on the road take evasive action, you should slow down and, if necessary, stop.

• DFawkes 22 Jul 2013 10:50:21 23,323 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damn! I was 1 vote away from another trading card on Steam, so I tried to login and vote, with 6 minutes to go. It forced Steam Guard on me yet again (4 times on the same PC, with the same browser on the same connection but on the website rather than Steam, so I guess that's why) and took 10 minutes to send the code through so I missed it :(

As for why I wanted a pretend card that I couldn't actually do anything with, it's just because I can. Real cards > fake cards > no cards.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• X201 22 Jul 2013 11:14:37 15,577 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:

Though it does bug me that so many people seem to think that joining traffic has right of way. If you can't merge without making traffic already on the road take evasive action, you should slow down and, if necessary, stop.
    That's a different thing.
    They are ignorant tossers. Especially the ones that fly straight into the outside lane.

At times I look forward to the day when those insurance black boxes are obligatory, and people get penalised on stupid manoeuvres like that.
  • Rusty_M 22 Jul 2013 12:35:17 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think black boxes will record that level of information. Not at first anyway.

• X201 22 Jul 2013 12:41:46 15,577 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    I don't think black boxes will record that level of information. Not at first anyway.
    I was thinking of the future.
    When they link them to the likes of Galileo, with its precision.
  • Megapocalypse 24 Jul 2013 12:36:26 5,468 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Who the fuck needs to have their fucking heating on in this weather!? Just been around to some guys house with all the windows shut and the radiators turned up to max. Fucking horrible.

Edited by Megapocalypse at 12:36:52 24-07-2013

Edited by Megapocalypse at 12:37:28 24-07-2013
  • Rusty_M 24 Jul 2013 20:31:02 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why the fucking fuck has my wife's dog started eating the wooden bath surround? Making one hell of a mess, and it can't be doing her any good either. Also, picking up her rock-hard shits when they're full of wood and paint is no fun.

That animal can be a bloody nuisance. She's bitten me twice, used to snap at my ankles, barks at the slightest noise in the stairwell, is stupidly clingy and needs medication to prevent seizures.

• guts 24 Jul 2013 22:59:33 1,690 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I bet it would be tasty in a pie. Not saying you should do it, just a thought.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• guts 24 Jul 2013 23:01:01 1,690 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And surely a more solid shit is preferable to a softer one when it comes to retrieving them.
    :eek:

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• Rusty_M 24 Jul 2013 23:13:10 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They are easier to pick up, yes, but still...

• Deleted user 25 July 2013 01:39:32
    Staying in a hostel. Can't sleep as it is roasting. Got to get up for work in three hours. Have court tomorrow in front of a rather unpleasant sheriff. Best part though has to be the fact that one of the girls sleeping in the room just started shouting HELLO! in her sleep. That wasn't scary in the slightest...

Edited by mowgli at 01:39:58 25-07-2013
  • Rusty_M 25 Jul 2013 06:56:02 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is it you she's looking for?

• X201 25 Jul 2013 09:50:44 15,577 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OK. The A38 tunnels are closed. I understand. I understood last Friday when you said that they would be closed for six months.

I know for a local news outfit this is something a bit different from the usual stories about stabbings and the local button factory closing, and I know that you were very disappointed on Monday when the Traffic-Jam-a-geddon that you were hoping for failed to materialise, but you ran with the "Man leaves home 30 minutes early and goes to work via different route; and arrives at work 30 minutes early" story anyway.

There is no need to keep telling me the A38 tunnels are closed. I understand. Can you just go back to the normal Traffic News where you mention delays in places with rude sounding names, like Lickey End.
  • Psychotext 25 Jul 2013 10:49:23 54,391 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Staying in a hostel. Can't sleep as it is roasting. Got to get up for work in three hours. Have court tomorrow in front of a rather unpleasant sheriff. Best part though has to be the fact that one of the girls sleeping in the room just started shouting HELLO! in her sleep. That wasn't scary in the slightest...
    Something against hotels or B&Bs?
  • Deleted user 25 July 2013 12:19:56
    Psychotext wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Something against hotels or B&Bs?
    The cost. Especially during the fringe (well before but it is still insanely busy in Edinburgh. I'm usually in the office until 10/11 so I really just need a bed.
  • Deleted user 30 July 2013 16:18:36
    I swear if I see one more person going "I just bought a DSLR therefore I can start a photography business" I'm going to blow up Instagram.
  • nickthegun 30 Jul 2013 16:32:21 60,439 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yea verily 'tis indeed the most soulless form of artistic expression

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 30 July 2013 16:33:57
    Forsooth.
  • Load_2.0 30 Jul 2013 16:37:23 19,442 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No mention of baggy shorts in Grapes Issues and now no rant about them in this thread.

Disappointment thou hast a name.
  • nickthegun 30 Jul 2013 16:41:15 60,439 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Mummy and Daddy bought me a 1,000 camera ermergerd I'm so talented.
    The worst are when you go out to the zoo or something and herds of fat, middle aged wankers start barging everyone out of the way to take 4000 pictures of a lemur with their new telephoto lens.

You cant go anywhere now without seeing hundreds of people looking like they are ready to go and stalk princess diana.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Jul 2013 16:43:48 38,664 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    You cant go anywhere now without seeing hundreds of people looking like they are ready to go and stalk princess diana.
    That's pretty easy these days.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 305 First / Last