Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 261

• Page

of 314 First / Last

• Salaman 5 Jul 2013 08:28:00 19,611 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mal wrote:
    And what the fuck is a 'play date'?
    It's what you probably recall from your childhood as "going over to a mate's". Although the 'play date' is usually by the parent's initiative I think.
  • Salaman 5 Jul 2013 08:33:50 19,611 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    The clipping on letters like 'a' with bold Proxima is really annoying
    That's a rather poor rant. It reads more like an observation really.

2/10
  • kinky_mong 5 Jul 2013 16:33:04 10,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    So this just happened.

How was she even allowed on the show to air her vapid point of view? Epic live trolling.

Watch it till the end for a slap down from Holly Willoughby and an exasperated collapse from Phillip Schofield that should be giffed if it hasn't been already.
    My favourite bit...

Katie: I don't like children with geographical names like "Brooklyn" or "London".
    Phil: But your child is called India?
    Katie: That's not geographical
    Phil So India isn't a place?!

What a vile shit-of-a-cunt that woman truly is.

Edited by kinky_mong at 16:33:34 05-07-2013

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Fab4 5 Jul 2013 18:41:58 6,216 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stupid bint.
  • sport 5 Jul 2013 18:57:29 12,811 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think Katie tells it like it is.
  • mrpon 5 Jul 2013 19:04:58 29,575 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    Stupid bint.
    Alright, alright calm down Tyler.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• DrStrangelove 6 Jul 2013 23:37:28 4,663 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What better place is there than the office?
  • mal 7 Jul 2013 01:44:31 22,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    mal wrote:
    And what the fuck is a 'play date'?
    It's what you probably recall from your childhood as "going over to a mate's". Although the 'play date' is usually by the parent's initiative I think.
    Oh yeah, I get what it means (from the context). It just seems such a sinister turn of phrase almost sexualising what's a normal part of growing up.

I guess what I wrote could have been clearer. I did write more originally but couldn't make it make any sense (probably cos I was still pissed off from the vid) so I deleted it apart from the initial (slightly provocative) question.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Megapocalypse 7 Jul 2013 20:05:17 5,518 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FFS. I shouldn't be annoyed at her but I am. The old dear in the flat below has obviously lost/broken her hearing aid again and thus has turned her TVs volume to 11. With all the windows open due to the weather I can hear everything, and after 3 days of it I'm near breaking point.
  • freddymercurystwin 9 Jul 2013 11:42:03 523 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Man on man!!!!!! Fucking families. When they say that when you marry a woman you marry her family its completely true! I love my wife we’ve had our ups and downs and various problems along the way her poor long term health problems included. We have a 4 year old boy and she is 7 months pregnant. Frankly though I can deal with all that, I didn’t have to marry her but I love her and we did get married and all of that is by the by and part of our life.

What I really have trouble accepting is her fucking family. Her father who turned into an alcoholic and domestic abuser for the last 15 odd years of his life was an absolute cunt who hated is youngest daughter (my wife) abused their mother and doted on their eldest daughter when he wasn’t hammered.

Ultimately he died in 2007 following an MRSA infection following a heart operation he had to fix his heart attack due to years of alcohol abuse and smoking. He had largely given up drinking by then but was still puffing away. And then decided to get hammered on a certain annual ‘family’ barbeque, well Brian Brodie, that was your last time you did it you wanker only drinking through a tube from then on. He went into hospital the next day and never came out. Jeez what a farce his funeral was, it was like a State funeral I was absolutely gobsmacked at the amount of people who turned up, mainly from his firm and the stories read out at his service about ‘what a guy’ he was. Fucking hell they didn’t have the faintest idea!

Now, let’s move on to the other daughter (that’s my wife’s sister). She has generally been a self-centred cunt all of her life who finally lost her virginity aged about 25 and became the village drunk/bike for a couple of years going from twat to twat trying to find Mr Twat or should that be Mr Right to get her up the duff and get married. Well she was not to disappoint, she managed to find the best (worst) one she could find, the toothless scariest cunt you would never want to meet. Well being a no hoper within about 6 months of them meeting (and getting pregnant and married) he got fired from his job as an AA mechanic for pissing in other mechanics changing lockers if he didn’t like them. Duty bound father of the bride gets him a job shovelling shit or other menial tasks at his firm, this happens about 3 months before Brian’s death. Following birth of their baby (I say baby but, well more of him later) Brian leaves this world and I cry at his funeral though they are not tears of sorrow. New toothless hubby of sister then decides to get into dogging, seeing other women and all manner of sordid goings on as well as getting loans in his father in laws name, robbing the mothers jewellery and a host of other contemptible things, finally buggering off into the sunset (Scotland) never to be seen again (one comfort).

The remaining mother and sister effectively turn into an old married couple both living off benefits as the mother blew £80K on fuck knows what in only a couple of years (the fund she was left upon Brians death). Her health ever deteriorating (can you guess where this is going) as despite promising her husband whilst he was being eaten away by MRSA on his deathbed that she would give up smoking she never did. The other daughter also smoked and they sat in each others respective stinking fag ash ridden homes with a kid playing next to them smoking away like a couple of chimneys complaining about these people or those. So some years pass and they are both in the benefit trap and the health of mother in law is getting worse, though being the stupid old pair of fuckwits they are they try to play it down and are ever evasive when the question of the mothers health is questioned and think they are ‘protecting’ my wife but are merely making it worse for her. It was COPD and/or emphysema and various other lung infections all caused by smoking which she merrily continued. Then last Wednesday when I get a call from cunt sister to tell me mother has dropped down dead. A heart attack is looking the likely cause following a particularly bad shortness of breath episode. Paramedics/air ambulance called etc but to no avail.

Naturally it falls to me the task of telling my wife though don’t take this the wrong way I am glad it did.

Anyway here we are about 6 days later and its old muggins here who will be picking up the tab for the funeral (£3K) and fuck knows what else though at least her brother has hinted he will contribute. There will be a post mortem on Thursday as the death was sudden.

And another thing, FUCKSAKE, picking your own 3 year old up when he’s spent the weekend with them being looked after and then feeling sick that all you can smell on your child is stinking smoke on his hair/skin and clothes is something that makes my blood boil to this day. Even when she washed his clothes whilst he stayed there you had to wash them as soon as you got home as they stunk of fags.

Jesus, my wife would probably have a heart attack herself if she knew I was having this rant but I feel like I need a release sometime and this seems slightly therapeutic. That said she feels exactly the same as I do about all of this just would probably not want it written on the web, this is probably about 1% of what I could write to describe the whole sorry saga of my wife’s family but I think that will have to do for today.

Apologies if some of the above does not make too much sense but it is a rant afterall.

Fucking Wankers!
  • Psychotext 9 Jul 2013 11:47:46 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    O_o
  • Salaman 9 Jul 2013 11:48:49 19,611 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good rant that. Your problem seems to be slowly fixing itself.
  • Ziz0u 9 Jul 2013 11:49:24 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Now that... was a rant!
  • wogsy81 9 Jul 2013 11:50:21 759 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That was a helluva rant.
    Good work Freddie.

And yeahh, having your 3 year old kid stink of fags is just plain wrong. That shit would make me very mad indeed. And im a smoker.
  • vijay_UK 9 Jul 2013 12:00:47 2,374 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @freddymercurystwin

Well, you picked the right thread for that. I sympathise with you because I hate my in-laws and they kinda hate me. But this is on a different level. Hope things get better.
  • vijay_UK 9 Jul 2013 12:04:27 2,374 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @freddymercurystwin

And what you need is a friend who'll say 'fuck it dude, let's go bowling'.
  • Load_2.0 9 Jul 2013 12:07:13 19,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hah best rant in months!
  • nickthegun 9 Jul 2013 12:16:18 61,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anything that starts

Man on man!!!!!!
    is worth reading.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Tonka 10 Jul 2013 11:41:32 21,354 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And here I was just about to complain about the contractors being two weeks late...

I feel so much better now. Cheers freddymercurystwin!

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• DFawkes 11 Jul 2013 11:03:57 24,069 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Order a skip from another company, and have it delivered to the idiot ones so they know what a skip looks like.

Edited by DFawkes at 11:04:11 11-07-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• S.J.Rogers 11 Jul 2013 11:20:13 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Order a skip from another company, and have it delivered to the idiot ones so they know what a skip looks like.
    Oh, you HAVE to do this..!
  • f00b_inc 11 Jul 2013 14:05:42 709 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was going to have a short rant here but after reading freddy's mine doesn't feel justified :-o

I will come back later..
  • DFawkes 11 Jul 2013 14:36:53 24,069 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Go on, have a rant. Just because there's been an epic rant on this page doesn't make yours any less valid. Go on. That's what the thread is here for. Vent to strangers on the Internet!

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 15 July 2013 10:38:53
    FUCKING LAW SOCIETY

I have a million pieces of identification picked up over the years. From my passport, driving licence, NI card etc. To the extra stuff they do require like references, degree, diploma certificates etc. But no. They insist on my birth certificate which I have never seen. My parents are useless and won't have it anywhere. Fucking joke.

Genuine question, why do they need it? I asked why they wouldn't accept passports etc. and they just said we need the birth certificate.
  • Load_2.0 15 Jul 2013 10:41:19 19,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mowgli is Obama.
  • Page

of 314 First / Last