Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 242

• Page

of 301 First / Last

• Deleted user 28 December 2012 16:22:06
    The real irony of this discussion is that mongo has basically turned into forum cancer.
  • SYS64738 28 Dec 2012 16:48:26 1,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kanjin wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    But you do fucking stink. All smokers smell bad. It is sweet that you think otherwise, and I'm happy for you that you don't notice it and live with people that pretend not to (or are just plain used to it). But you do smell, and worst of all you make everyone and everything else around you smell.

In my experience that's not actually true. Some smokers smell bad, that's absolutely true, but I know a handful of smokers who dont' smell at all. I suspect it's because they only smoke outside and their clothing is of a type of material that doesn't absorb the smell.

That said, you'll always smell it if they've just had one because it'll be on their breath.
    The last point is true, but largely mitigated with gum.

If you do smoke outside out of consideration to living with non-smokers, even the clothing smell isn't really an issue.
    No it isn't. If they have gum they stink of a mixture of gum and smoke.
    Indeed. Bit like eating garlic - the smell comes out of your throat rather than just your mouth, gums/brushing teeth seems to have little effect.

My personal favourite are co-workers coming back from smoking breaks and use the lift - they're long gone but the stench stays there, almost making me gag.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• mal 8 Jan 2013 01:18:45 22,446 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They've done something to the youtube recommendations system. Now my recommendations for next video are often just based on crap I've been linked to from here, even in preference to the next video in a series, if I'm watching a multipart series. No, I don't really need to see TT's nuggets a second time, thanks.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Vortex808 10 Jan 2013 09:41:07 7,061 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why, oh why does everything tend to happen all at the same time?

Our work is having a centenary celebration do with meal and dance/ceilidh. \o/

The day before I have to run a half-marathon. /o\

So much for living it up at the do. It'll be minimal dancing and just a couple of beers followed by soda & lime and an early-ish night for me now. :(
  • Psychotext 10 Jan 2013 09:42:58 53,931 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a half marathon you big girl. You should be able to pretty much go on the full on lash before you do it.
  • Vortex808 10 Jan 2013 10:49:19 7,061 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :)

Having done a 10k the day after going to an away match to support my football team, I am *never* drinking a lot and running the next day again.

I knew we would all get rather sozzled, and even claimed I was only going to drink water on the the train back home. Oddly enough, that did not happen. I poured myself off the train at 11pm and went to bed.

I spent the first half of the 10k feeling rather green and wondering if I was going to puke. The last mile or two I didn't feel sick anymore, but was really worried about having a dose of runner's shits.

Thankfully, I didn't have to do a Paula Radcliffe, but the horror of how that run felt remains.
  • RyanDS 10 Jan 2013 11:59:26 9,200 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fucking NHS!

Supposed to be starting IVF next week, thought to save some money we could at least get the blood tests done on the NHS that are required and not time critical.

After 3 weeks of chasing them up it turns out they lost the blood samples. And as the sample have to be done at a certain point of the cycle it means the IVF is probably a no go for another month.

Fucking useless cunts! The whole thing is stressfull enough without haveing these sorts of cock ups.
  • Psychotext 10 Jan 2013 12:09:33 53,931 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I spent the first half of the 10k feeling rather green and wondering if I was going to puke. The last mile or two I didn't feel sick anymore, but was really worried about having a dose of runner's shits.
    If you don't shit yourself you're not trying hard enough.
  • whatfruit 10 Jan 2013 12:12:46 1,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Why are banks and deposit companies so bloody useless?

I gave a a deposit of 240.00 for a property I moved out of some 18 months ago to the DPS. I asked them 6 months ago to pay me back but accidently gave them my old CLOSED account details. I have been writing to the DPS to ask them to send the deposit monies to my new account, but the DPS say that my bank has taken the money. Went to talk to bank advisor today who informs me that they have not recived any monies from the DPS and if they did they would have sent it straight back to them.

So the question is

WHERE'S MY MONEY?
  • Rusty_M 10 Jan 2013 12:25:57 4,648 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, you've put yourself in a really difficult to sort situation there. It's probably sitting in a holding account at the bank with not enough information to tell where it belongs, or it was rejected and the deposit Company can't see that it came back/ never left.

I've seen parts of similar situations before, and it's never easy.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Fab4 14 Jan 2013 08:45:10 5,990 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Snow and ice all over the fucking roads here. I do my best to stay safe by using winter spiked tyres on my bike, good lights and hi-vis clothes. I even delay my journey until its lighter outside, and the cunts still pull out of junctions without fucking looking in their cunting little tin-boxs, cocooned from the world.....fuckers.
  • Mageme 14 Jan 2013 09:16:54 2,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In the snow and ice you're bound to have accidents but what really ticks me off are drivers slowing down to have a gander at the accident. More often than not, you don't really see anything, just the police cars. So just get the fecking move on (I'm talking to you VW driver in front, slowing down almost to a stop to look at nothing)! Geez, it's an traffic accident, never seen one before...

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• Mola_Ram 18 Jan 2013 08:53:16 7,205 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Really wish amazon would hurry up and let Aussies use their appstore. Europe's had it for 6 months now, but even though I'm there right now I can't download or use it with an Aussie credit card. And there's things I want that can only be gotten on their store. :(
  • TheSaint 29 Jan 2013 11:11:08 14,292 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Where are we meant to read about the different kinds of shit Mowgli's dog has been eating now?
  • jellyhead 29 Jan 2013 11:13:23 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Create a new Random Musings thread. I was going to but figured someone else would.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• graysonavich 29 Jan 2013 11:13:24 7,320 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh you're not in the secret mowgli's dog group? Pfft. Noob.
  • jellyhead 29 Jan 2013 11:13:50 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Groups suck.

• Deleted user 29 January 2013 11:15:32
    If this de-generates into what the old thread became, I'll just lock this too and keep locking any new one that get created.
  • JuanKerr 29 Jan 2013 11:16:49 36,239 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've just created a group so secret and private that even I don't know where the fuck it is.
  • Psychotext 29 Jan 2013 11:17:37 53,931 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FUCK 'EM UP HAIRY!
  • mikeck 29 Jan 2013 11:18:00 1,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can see a lot of threads becoming locked today then.
  • jellyhead 29 Jan 2013 11:19:18 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hopefully. There is a lot of shit on the forum lately.

• JuanKerr 29 Jan 2013 11:21:13 36,239 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli?

Edited by JuanKerr at 11:21:29 29-01-2013
  • LockeTribal 29 Jan 2013 11:21:36 4,512 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Please say it's a temporary lock HA. Don't know if I have it in me to adjust to yet another random musings thread. There have been at least 3 random musings threads locked since I joined.
  • LeoliansBro 29 Jan 2013 11:21:47 43,746 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    If this de-generates into what the old thread became, I'll just lock this too and keep locking any new one that get created.
    Where's this coming from?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• AcidSnake 29 Jan 2013 11:22:29 7,238 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @HairyArse:
    Is the random musings on a temporary lock or permanent?
    Wouldn't want to lose yet another one to a spat...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Deleted user 29 January 2013 11:23:36
    All the shit-slinging that's going on. Some people have decided since the debacle yesterday that it's more honourable to just abuse people to their faces.

It's not. It's dumb and I'm ruling with an iron boot today.
  • sport 29 Jan 2013 11:23:41 12,685 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This feels like our own EG Spring, rising up against HairyMubarak and Gaddafikitten!!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 29 Jan 2013 11:23:44 37,765 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    FUCK 'EM UP HAIRY!
    Sexy.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Jeepers 29 Jan 2013 11:23:45 13,174 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Are we all supposed to be nice to each other now? Because I'm not 100% sure that's going to work very well.
  • Page

of 301 First / Last