Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 235

• Page

of 305 First / Last

• mrpon 29 Aug 2012 12:55:25 29,196 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    A few weeks ago Yodel helped us unpack a large box by emptying the contents over our path then dumping the rest of the box behind the hedge.
    Upside down I am!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• nickthegun 29 Aug 2012 13:04:11 60,493 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They have nicely decided to use the last two things I ordered as a football. We ordered a toaster, quite a dear one, and I could tell something was wrong when most of the plastic casing fell out of the box in tiny pieces the minute it was opened.

It really cant be good for business, having to deliver everything twice.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• sport 29 Aug 2012 13:09:28 12,775 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    They have nicely decided to use the last two things I ordered as a football. We ordered a toaster, quite a dear one, and I could tell something was wrong when most of the plastic casing fell out of the box in tiny pieces the minute it was opened.

It really cant be good for business, having to deliver everything twice.
    They don't, that's why they're "good at business".
  • Ziz0u 30 Aug 2012 12:23:07 8,497 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got broken into again last night while I was sleeping.

Climbed my balcony, crept around, stole my laptop, phone and keys (car and house - what a fuck up). Sooo lucky I didn't wake up or they would most likely have stabbed me to death. They left my Xbox, PS3, Vita etc etc

Now to change locks, secure my car (they have the key after all), and decide if I want to move (my dad wants me out of there).

I have lived there for 2 years without any issues. One of my cats is so freaked out, don't know what they did to her :(
  • Rusty_M 30 Aug 2012 12:25:50 4,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shit! That practically does deserve its own thread! Hope you and anyone else who lives with you is ok. I also hope you have nice insurers who aren't too cuntish about the whole thing.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• RyanDS 30 Aug 2012 12:33:55 9,586 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Got broken into again last night while I was sleeping.

Climbed my balcony, crept around, stole my laptop, phone and keys (car and house - what a fuck up). Sooo lucky I didn't wake up or they would most likely have stabbed me to death. They left my Xbox, PS3, Vita etc etc

Now to change locks, secure my car (they have the key after all), and decide if I want to move (my dad wants me out of there).

I have lived there for 2 years without any issues. One of my cats is so freaked out, don't know what they did to her :(
    Where you living?
  • spamdangled 30 Aug 2012 12:34:02 27,413 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ZizouFC

Would it not be easier to have a security system fitted and keep your windows closed? Being broken into twice suggests that your house is seen as an easy target.

Anyway, shit news mate sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have contents insurance to cover it :-(

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• RyanDS 30 Aug 2012 12:37:19 9,586 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @ZizouFC

Would it not be easier to have a security system fitted and keep your windows closed? Being broken into twice suggests that your house is seen as an easy target.

Anyway, shit news mate sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have contents insurance to cover it :-(
    He lives in SA doesn't he? There most windows have bars anyway and armed response alarms are common. He did mention the balcony bit, which is obviously a weak point, but much harder to secure.
  • RyanDS 30 Aug 2012 12:43:14 9,586 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CUNTS!

Last night on ebay was bidding for tickets for the cricket on sunday. My computer froze as I was bidding 125. Tickets sold for 120.

Now I saw some awesome tickets for 140 buy it now. By the time I logged in and bid they were sold.

CUNTS!
  • Ziz0u 30 Aug 2012 13:07:25 8,497 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well.... I am in SA (PE), but no burglar bars and no armed response (can't afford it)I was told burglar bars aren't "necessary" since the block is quite close knit and not very easy to pull off a burglary without causing a ruckus, but still, very slack on my part for not getting them anyway.

I really did not expect anyone to ever break in. (I said "again in my first post, but the first time was at a friend's place). Was such a strange feeling seeing something missing from this flat that I have always felt so safe in.

It's pretty scary thinking that since they have my keys - they will be back. I just need to make sure the front door keys are useless. My car is another story. I have put a gorilla lock on the wheel for now.

Just heard that security across the way (my balcony faces a mental home of sorts) saw the cunts climbing my balcony at 3am. I only went to bed at 1am.
  • spamdangled 30 Aug 2012 13:09:24 27,413 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wait, security saw them but didn't do anything?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Ziz0u 30 Aug 2012 13:19:31 8,497 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They phoned the armed response company that they employ at their building, but they took too long to get there. They seemed to have been in a rush since they only took my laptop (left the cable and 3G dongle) and phone.

They also left a towel and jacket on my balcony... I assume the towel was for breaking the window or wiping things down? Not sure.
  • sport 30 Aug 2012 14:44:24 12,775 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ZizouFC - time to move out of Holland Park mate ;-p

Edit: also, glad you're ok. That could have gone worse.

Edited by sport at 14:45:41 30-08-2012
  • Ziz0u 30 Aug 2012 14:58:15 8,497 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @sport

hahaha Park Drive is very different to Holland Park :)
  • Ziz0u 31 Aug 2012 09:56:29 8,497 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I managed to change the padlock, and get one of those things you stick into the keyhole that stops keys going in. I closed the window in question as well obviously. I had quite a nerve-wracking night anyway. I was passing out at 10:30 PM, but I wanted to be dead tired in case the burglars came back so I stayed up till 1am.

Woke up this morning and my heart was pounding as I jumped out of bed to see if anything was gone. Luckily they hadn't been back. So today I am fitting burglar bars and changing the locks, and will attempt to move on with my life. :-P
  • sport 31 Aug 2012 10:53:42 12,775 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Take care Ziz, and stay safe. Unfortunately, Central has been going down for years - having said that, it's still my favourite area in PE. I lived there in 90's, worked at Rome Restaurant (when it was there). Such an awesome atmosphere, 24H coffee shops, bars. The architecture is lovely, old houses etc...

Such good times....sigh
  • Ziz0u 31 Aug 2012 11:04:13 8,497 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @sport

Thanks, will do. I am a bit slack sometimes.

It is, but luckily you have Park Drive, then the shitty area (Rink Street and proper Central) and then Richmond Hill which has turned into the "cool" area of PE (not sure if you went there when you last here? It's just MILFS and hipsters as far as the eye can see), so things are still pretty separate. Unfortunately nothing stops the scum from walking around St Georges looking for vulnerable places like they did with me. I still hope Central improves, even if it's not while I'm in PE. I'd love to come back in 10 years to see Govern Mbeki revitalized, because as you said - the buildings are beautiful.

I have now heard that it was teenagers according to the security guard at Hunters and that they were in a rush. I think they know they were taking a huge chance, and hopefully won't be back.
  • RyanDS 31 Aug 2012 11:07:12 9,586 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Take care Ziz, and stay safe. Unfortunately, Central has been going down for years - having said that, it's still my favourite area in PE. I lived there in 90's, worked at Rome Restaurant (when it was there). Such an awesome atmosphere, 24H coffee shops, bars. The architecture is lovely, old houses etc...

Such good times....sigh
    We used to have a cottage down there as well in the late 80s/early 90s. (5 families from PMB all chipped in as a holiday place.)

PE along with Toti still hold my fondest memories of growing up.
  • Load_2.0 31 Aug 2012 11:18:32 19,445 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liyk to read your oaks posts in a Sath Afrekan accent.
  • Ziz0u 31 Aug 2012 11:19:11 8,497 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ag kief mun.
  • sport 31 Aug 2012 11:19:51 12,775 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I liyk to read your oaks posts in a Sath Afrekan accent.
    Diplomatic immunity!!!!!
  • Latin 31 Aug 2012 12:19:22 3,779 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there a thread for people who are trying to remember the names of movies?

If not here is a description of the movie I'm thinking about:

Involves massive mechs piloted by people fighting each other... I can't remember if they're fighting becasue there's a war or if it's a competition of some sort. Anyway at some point in the movie one of the mechs fires it fist into another mech and I *think* the story revolves around a rivalry between 2 specific people.

Reckon it was made in the 80's.

Please help me remember as it's killing me!

Edit: I have seen this is the random rants thread, rather than random musings. To be clear, this is not a rant.

Edited by Latin at 12:20:05 31-08-2012
  • RyanDS 31 Aug 2012 12:24:21 9,586 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Robojox
  • Load_2.0 31 Aug 2012 12:26:17 19,445 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Made in the 80's you say..... hmmmmm I do know of one movie.

• Deckard1 31 Aug 2012 12:29:02 28,748 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know what it is, but a shan't tell you. I shan't.
  • Deckard1 31 Aug 2012 12:30:18 28,748 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh Bryan already did.
  • Latin 31 Aug 2012 12:33:32 3,779 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes!

Thanks a lot!

IMDB link for those who care

What a fucking awful movie!
  • Deckard1 31 Aug 2012 12:34:14 28,748 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How dare you.
  • Spong 31 Aug 2012 12:39:26 525 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Latin Could you be talking about Robot Jox?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102800/plotsummary

EDIT
    Too slow LOL.
    BTW, it also had a sequel called Crash & Burn.

Edited by Spong at 12:43:29 31-08-2012
  • Dave_McCoy 8 Sep 2012 20:07:10 2,788 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AGH! I was really looking forward to trying Dead Island tonight but came home to find it hadn't been delivered. Turns out I updated my bank details and address but not my shipping address. It's gone to my old house....*sob*

Guess I can go and try and retrieve it tomorrow.
  • Page

of 305 First / Last