Super Paper Mario Page 19

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• ProfessorLesser 26 Sep 2007 14:24:02 19,356 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    I personally thought that bit was 'marvelous'.

/sticks finger in Prof's eye in a comedic fashion
    You can't honestly say that you enjoyed sitting there holding 'right' for far too long because there was no other way to progress? Come on, that was crap.
  • IMadeThis 26 Sep 2007 14:35:20 1,037 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not ingenious, and nowhere near one of the highlights thus far. Also wouldn't like to go back and have to do it again. However, it just sticks in the mind as making me think 'hm, different'. Oh, and look, it's a talking point too. Some people liked it, some didn't.

/sticks finger in Prof's othere eye in a violent fashion
  • ProfessorLesser 26 Sep 2007 14:37:21 19,356 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /doesn't understand some people
  • Machiavel 26 Sep 2007 14:37:24 5,964 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    IMadeThis wrote:

Aha, but ask you to do that 100 times in a row and then continuously for a few minutes, you'd probably tire of this repetitive, violent orgy...
  • IMadeThis 26 Sep 2007 14:38:21 1,037 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Machiavel wrote:
    IMadeThis wrote:

Aha, but ask you to do that 100 times in a row and then continuously for a few minutes, you'd probably tire of this repetitive, violent orgy...

Think I'd love it atch..... :)
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 14:39:00
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    disussedgenius wrote:
    I personally thought that bit was 'marvelous'.

/sticks finger in Prof's eye in a comedic fashion
    You can't honestly say that you enjoyed sitting there holding 'right' for far too long because there was no other way to progress? Come on, that was crap.
    I didn't mind, thanks to the bluetooth Wiimote I just went to the toilet making sure that I kept holding down the d-pad. When I came back I was done!
  • ProfessorLesser 26 Sep 2007 14:42:10 19,356 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah so this design decision led you to leave the room because the game couldn't hold your interest.

I rest my case.
  • IMadeThis 26 Sep 2007 14:43:48 1,037 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Ah so this design decision aided you to leave the room because your bladder couldn't hold your wii .

I rest my case.

fxd

edit: fxd more-so
  • Deleted user 26 September 2007 14:49:23
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Ah so this design decision led you to leave the room because the game couldn't hold your interest.

I rest my case.
    [obligatory]Well it was better than the Flood[/obligatory]
  • thiswaynow 30 Sep 2007 17:00:02 278 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A thoroughly enjoyable romp, all in all, I think. I wonder what's next for the paper series though... and how long we'll have to wait to find out.
  • Ready4Action 1 Oct 2007 21:32:41 522 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    finished it and sold it, good fun but no real replay value tbh...
    Maybe a follow on with multiplayer, 4 characters = four player co-op online...

just a thought.
  • IMadeThis 1 Oct 2007 22:43:30 1,037 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thank jebus if it is. Hated the final bosses on TYD & Mario & Luigi (GBA) - gave in on both counts. I often do this, as I know there's nothing beyond the final boss to see. Knowing I've got other games to start eases the pain :)
  • figaro7 2 Oct 2007 22:31:41 1,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just passed chapter 6 and it just gets better and better! There is some quite funny stuff in here, but please for the love of games, get rid of remembering passwords, we arent in the 8-bit days anymore!

About the dialogue, reading on forums and reviews, it sounded like there was way too much, i dont think theres that much as long as you remember its still an rpg/platformer. Paper mario TTYD had tons more dialogue.

Overall this had me doing what TTYD did and thats getting gitty feeling inside of what the next chapter was going to throw at you next! Great great game!
  • Zelos 4 Oct 2007 12:07:13 23 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished this at the weekend and enjoyed it. I much preferred the dungeon structure of the original Paper Mario to the 4 sub-chapter structure of SPM, though.

The running in the wheel for rubees and the 'run along a single black line' in the black and white world parts were very annoying, I don't know why they included them.
  • TheBear 4 Oct 2007 12:15:45 4,509 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zelos wrote:

The running in the wheel for rubees .

You didn't fall for that one did you? :)
  • catterz 4 Oct 2007 12:25:07 8,763 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Meh, there's a glitch in World 2 on my copy. Every time I speak to this girl she says two lines then the game freezes and a permanent beep emits. Have to switch off the Wii at the mains to stop it. :(

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• famous_roy 4 Oct 2007 12:27:04 4,102 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So far I absolutely love this game (just past the dreaded 'rubee' section). It's beautiful and charming with a really quite stunning soundtrack. Love the pixel-esque art style and inventive use of perspective, not many games can get such great humour into the gameplay mechanics alone!

My main gripe is that it seems worryingly easy so far, really am striding through it without too much thought or effort. On top of that the pacing seems way too fast. My favourite PM remains TYD, the eerie atmosphere of boggly woods is yet to be topped for me in terms of game environments, maybe I'm too used to the slow burning RPG nature of the first 2.

Still cracking game, a real pleasure to play.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Singularity 4 Oct 2007 12:28:50 2,438 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    catterz wrote:
    Meh, there's a glitch in World 2 on my copy. Every time I speak to this girl she says two lines then the game freezes and a permanent beep emits. Have to switch off the Wii at the mains to stop it. :(

That's been well-documented and is in all copies. There's a faily easy work around. It's in this thread somewhere.
  • catterz 4 Oct 2007 12:31:15 8,763 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh, coolio. Was hoping someone would reply something of that nature, would be great if you could find the workaround for me.

• Singularity 4 Oct 2007 12:37:19 2,438 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I haven't actually got to that part yet, I think it's as simple as getting the key before talking to her again. I'll go take a look.
  • Singularity 4 Oct 2007 12:38:05 2,438 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    absolutezero wrote:
    Not trying to give it all away but go to the far right room on the second floor, once you trigger what happens, flip into 3D and everything should be obvious from there.
  • catterz 4 Oct 2007 12:40:42 8,763 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ok, I found with google also. Thanks.

• IMadeThis 5 Oct 2007 18:47:58 1,037 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BASTARD 100 CAVE TRIAL THINGY!

Is it worth going through it? I've just been killed in the 90-somethingth cave. Is there anything worthwhile at the end? I got a bit careless and lost too much HP too often.
  • figaro7 6 Oct 2007 01:47:04 1,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spoilers

Just finished it, clocking in at around 15 hours. Can i just say thank god there is not hint of a sequel in the ending, just a good old fashion ending that you can watch and enjoy. I miss them days!

Chapter 7 was absolutely massive and quite good too. I dont think the backtracking is bad at all, in a platformer its easy to navigate through levels if you leap all over the shop!

Chapter 2 and 3 stick out as being the best though, chapter 5 and 6 come close though!

If there is a sequel, make it less story telling, more platforming please! Hell just make it like mario world, mario 3 or yoshis island with the 3d mode and ill buy it!

A solid 8 out of 10, not quite as good as Paper mario TTYD, but its not quite the same game either. Now bring on super mario galaxy!
  • Page

of 21 First / Last