What are your pet hates? Page 26

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• Dougs 23 Oct 2012 12:47:02 68,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Couple of those nearly mowed me down today as I crossed the Mall at a pedestrian crossing. One did at least stop, 2 others just sailed through the red light. Just unclip numbnuts.
  • Salaman 23 Oct 2012 12:51:34 19,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    This woman the other day single handedly managed to block off the entire bacon section so I just had to stand there like a prat waiting for her to move so I could get what I wanted. The type of person who just can't sense that someone is right behind them giving them daggers and refuses to budge even an inch as if that space is her private property.
    You're outraged at a woman who can't "sense" that you're glaring at her?
    Instead of .. you know ... open your mouth for a second and say "Excuse me". Oooookay.
    Granted, if you're not accustomed to speaking up, it'll probably come out as a hoarsly whispered "excuse me" and she won't hear you but clear your throat, take a deep breath and try again with a bit of volume.
    I find most people when alerted to the fact that they're somehow impeding your progress will move.
  • effinjamie 23 Oct 2012 12:58:57 889 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People who just won't move out of the middle lane of the motorway no matter what!
    Just pull over into the empty inside lane, you selfish, arrogant cunt!
    It's not slow medium and fast lanes. The two outside lanes are for overtaking not for sitting in at at least 20 mph slower than the traffic is moving.

PSN - effinjamie Xbox - effinjamie

• Steve_Perry 23 Oct 2012 13:01:43 4,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    effinjamie wrote:
    People who just won't move out of the middle lane of the motorway no matter what!
    Just pull over into the empty inside lane, you selfish, arrogant cunt!
    It's not slow medium and fast lanes. The two outside lanes are for overtaking not for sitting in at at least 20 mph slower than the traffic is moving.
    I have a friend who moans like hell when people do this. Then proceeds to do exactly the same at any given opportunity.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Arrr9 23 Oct 2012 13:07:45 419 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This thread needs to have it's title changed to "all other road users are bellends apart from me" but another one that pisses me off is drivers ( usually elderly ) who stick to 40mph no matter what. National speed limit... 40, little country village 40, there's just no change. Speed up for the faster bits, slow down when you're meant to for gods sake !

Makes me want to tailgate as badly as that truck driver in Duel.
  • Rusty_M 23 Oct 2012 13:29:35 4,706 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    At this rate we do need a separate road rage thread.

How about lorry drivers who flash their lights and gesticulate for you to speed up / get out of the way when doing so isn't possible. Recently I've had this twice. On the first occasion my reason for going slowly was because I was going the same speed as the cars in front.

The second was due to roadworks. We were between a set of average speed cameras. Fuck off, I'm staying at 40!

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• kalel 23 Oct 2012 13:41:50 87,933 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    As a cyclist I really hate the cyclists that think they own the road and that motorists have to make accomodations for them. We share the road you self important lycra clad cunts. Allow faster vechicles to pass you by cycling closer to the pavement (0.8-1.2M distance), or on narrow roads pull up to one side to allow traffic to pass, indicate before and (if possible) whilst you turn, understand that motorists can't see as much as the road as you can and have many blind spots, and for the love of GOD stop at red lights/zebra crossings and don't try and near miss/scare pedestrians just for crossing the road and not seeing you, we all do it sometimes.
    Well, cyclists should cycle as close to the pavement as is safe, but they should also manage when they are overtaken so that it is safe, so that will depend on where there are islands and bus stops and all kinds of things, (and if there are parked cars that should be far away enough to allow them to open a door and not kill you) yes, but at the same time cyclists are "traffic" as much as cars are, and neither owns the road more than the other.

A cyclist should never feel they should have to "pull up to one side to let traffic pass". That's actually needlessly endangering the cyclist. I was specifically taught not to do this on my cycling road proficiency course, and drivers that put pressure on cyclists to do this are utter cunts.

And yeah, cyclists should observe the rules of the road. Of course.
  • jamievilla 23 Oct 2012 13:43:34 538 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    At this rate we do need a separate road rage thread.

How about lorry drivers who flash their lights and gesticulate for you to speed up / get out of the way when doing so isn't possible. Recently I've had this twice. On the first occasion my reason for going slowly was because I was going the same speed as the cars in front.

The second was due to roadworks. We were between a set of average speed cameras. Fuck off, I'm staying at 40!
    Or lorry drivers that overtake each other on dual carriageways at one mph faster than the other hgv next to them, holding up all the traffic behind. Is there a reason for that apart from being an intentional twat?

Edited by jamievilla at 13:47:15 23-10-2012
  • catterz 23 Oct 2012 14:02:05 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Thought you rode a bike dog?
    I've tried this once before, but was told it was cruel to put a saddle and stabilisers on a dog.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• localnotail 23 Oct 2012 14:15:00 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lorry drivers will flash to let you know it's ok to pull in front of them.
    Sometimes they play leapfrog to stay alert.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Razz 23 Oct 2012 14:29:33 61,288 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kalel, I've always felt safer being a good guy/empathic cyclist. That's not to say I'd go out of way to let faster vechicles past all the time, only when it makes sense to and when it's safe. I've seen arsehole cyclists hold up long lines of traffic on narrow suburban roads seemingly "just because", as they've had plently of times where they could have safely pulled over aqnd let the traffic pass. Fair enough, they don't have to but in my opinion, it's all about a bit of give and take.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• mal 23 Oct 2012 15:52:34 22,608 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When I'm cycling on quieter suburban roads I tend to occupy the middle of the lane and move over when I hear traffic behind me. On busy main roads, especially if I'm going uphill and can't quite maintain the 30mph/what have you then I just pootle along half in the gutter and let the flow of traffic past me.

Of course, from that position I am occasionally annoyed by drivers not letting me move over to turn right, despite indicating well in advance. But normally drivers are considerate, and then I usually switch over to the center line to let traffic past me on my left while I approach the junction.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• kalel 23 Oct 2012 16:11:24 87,933 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I do a bit of that sure, but I make a point of refusing to be bullied if I perceive any level of risk. I'm not being overtaken unless I'm sure that I'm confortable with that happening. Sometimes that results in drivers getting right up my arse or beeping me or whatever, and that pisses me off, especially as I rarely delay anyone for more than a few seconds.

The basic perception a lot of drivers have is that anyone (not just cyclists) who is slowing them down, is in the wrong, whereas in fact it's rarely the case. Unnecessary impatience is genuinely the scourge of our roads.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 16:15:41
    If a lorry driver is flashing you to speed up on the motorway then you must be driving some sort of pedal car.

Pedal faster Forrest!
  • Mola_Ram 25 Oct 2012 06:11:52 7,447 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    People who say something demonstrably, objectively untrue and wrong, then attempt to cover themselves by saying that "it's just my opinion".
  • SClaw 25 Oct 2012 09:24:23 826 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Humans. All of the fuckers.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2012 19:52:35
    http://cornerstonegroup.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/chavs.jpg
  • jonsaan 27 Oct 2012 20:01:00 25,353 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fucking coat hangers. Stupid interlinking, mind of their own BASTARDS.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 27 October 2012 20:09:03
    People that use the phrases:

..can i pick your brains?..
    - I'd like to reply: 'can I punch you in the face..' ;D

or (when you show them something)
    ..That's the kiddie!..

People that whistle.. bugs me to bits!

People in general.. ;P

Edited by blacksea at 20:16:46 27-10-2012
  • Vortex808 27 Oct 2012 20:32:34 7,217 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    People who decide to live in a country when they cannot speak the language.

Yes, this includes British expatriates living in Spain. Learn the lingo, gringo!
    I'm with you there! I've never understood that attitude of some ex-pat brits.
  • Jono62 27 Oct 2012 20:35:00 14,148 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You mean shouting and speaking slowly isn't right?!

People who don't let others off before boarding public transport.
  • catterz 27 Oct 2012 23:58:30 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    People who don't let others off before boarding public transport.
    In my defence, the pilot had no reason to leave the aircraft.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• Deleted user 28 October 2012 08:07:44
    People who set off large fireworks at 23:00, they had them at 20:00 but felt like waiting until people are asleep.

Edited by revan8 at 08:08:44 28-10-2012
  • Megapocalypse 28 Oct 2012 08:16:52 5,443 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Along with people not letting others off public transport first; those who feel that queuing for it is beneath them and just walk straight to the front when a bus/train pulls up.
  • Deleted user 28 October 2012 15:53:23
    blacksea wrote:
    People that use the phrases:

..can i pick your brains?..
    - I'd like to reply: 'can I punch you in the face..' ;D

or (when you show them something)
    ..That's the kiddie!..

People that whistle.. bugs me to bits!

People in general.. ;P
    Yes, all these.

Also "penny for your thoughts", fuck off they're my thoughts if I wanted you to know them I'd be talking to you.
  • prawnking1980 28 Oct 2012 15:59:04 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jono62 people who get off the entrance to a bus, and those who insist on standing on the lower deck whilst the upper is empty.
  • mal 28 Oct 2012 16:19:14 22,608 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just at the moment, @replies. Just quote what you're replying to, mofos! It's especially annoying when some tard has @replied to someone of the first page of a monster thread.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• MrTomFTW Moderator 28 Oct 2012 16:32:21 38,355 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pet hate: People who don't lurk on a forum to get the lay of the land first, but instead just post lots of shit that winds the regulars up.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 35 First / Last