PS3 FAQ - Ask all questions in here! Page 115

• Page

of 120 First / Last

• dominalien 17 Apr 2013 17:38:37 6,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Two things:

Are these worth considering? I have a low-to-mid range 2.1 system set up with my ps3, which sounds pretty good, but I can't often utilise it to its fullest due to sharing a house with others. Anyone used these? Seems like a good option; only drawback I can see is that I can't use it with my iPod as well.

Secondly, can any reccomend me a really cheap controller that's actually OK? Need one for (very) occasional split screen fun, but being that'll it'll get very little use I don't wanna shell out for an official pad.
    I use them all the time and like them quite a lot. I wrote a few words about them here.

As additional commentary: battery life could be better. Make sure you have a long USB cable to charge them while you're using them, or a powered USB hub to charge them when the console is off.

The blue light at the end of the microphone shines into my left eye if it's extended. It's more annoying when I'm wearing glasses, as then it additionally reflects in the lower rim of the lens. Not annoying enough for me to tape it over, though.

PSN: DonOsito

• imamazed 18 Apr 2013 21:07:31 5,537 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    Two things:

Are these worth considering? I have a low-to-mid range 2.1 system set up with my ps3, which sounds pretty good, but I can't often utilise it to its fullest due to sharing a house with others. Anyone used these? Seems like a good option; only drawback I can see is that I can't use it with my iPod as well.

Secondly, can any reccomend me a really cheap controller that's actually OK? Need one for (very) occasional split screen fun, but being that'll it'll get very little use I don't wanna shell out for an official pad.
    I use them all the time and like them quite a lot. I wrote a few words about them here.

As additional commentary: battery life could be better. Make sure you have a long USB cable to charge them while you're using them, or a powered USB hub to charge them when the console is off.

The blue light at the end of the microphone shines into my left eye if it's extended. It's more annoying when I'm wearing glasses, as then it additionally reflects in the lower rim of the lens. Not annoying enough for me to tape it over, though.
    Thanks a lot for your input. I actually did end up buying them (although they've not arrived yet) so it's good to hear they're ok! I'll be on the look out for a longer cable, but the mic thing shouldn't bother me. The little online gaming I do is on xbox so I don't think I'll be extending the mic - I'm getting them mainly for the sound.
  • thefilthandthefury 20 Apr 2013 11:51:45 24,989 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm doing what I always do near the end of a console's life-cycle... despite having a 360 and a PC, I really want to pick up a cheap PS3 just to hoover up the few games I've missed over the years (granted, that's not a lot what with most things being multi-platform these days).

Anybody seen any decent deals either new OR second hand? I've had a quick poke around some websites but haven't seen anything too special price-wise tbh.
  • Mr_Sleep 20 Apr 2013 12:00:25 16,990 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You should do that. There are games on the PS3 like no other console. Journey, all the Pixel Junk stuff and of course, Heavy Rain, God of War, those sorts of things.

You are a factory of sadness.

• ibenam 20 Apr 2013 16:39:20 1,393 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How in the hell do you make a space between words on the newish PS3 Youtube app?

I'm using a standard PS3 controller and trying the triangle on the horizontal alphabet thing doesnt work.

Edited by ibenam at 16:39:53 20-04-2013
  • thefilthandthefury 20 Apr 2013 19:33:17 24,989 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    You should do that. There are games on the PS3 like no other console. Journey, all the Pixel Junk stuff and of course, Heavy Rain, God of War, those sorts of things.
    Exactly! Now seems like quite a good time as well as they're not THAT much money.

I don't mind which model I get really, because I won't be getting loads of downloads and whatnot... just want to blitz through a few of the games I missed out on. Heavy Rain and Yakuza are first up for me methinks.

So yeah, I'm on the hunt for bargains if anyone knows of anywhere with some!
  • X201 20 Apr 2013 19:36:13 15,287 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The consensus seems to be that the Super Slim is a bit plasticy and getting a Slim, if possible, would be a better idea.
  • Short-Round 20 Apr 2013 19:47:07 1,181 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Exactly! Now seems like quite a good time as well as they're not THAT much money.

I don't mind which model I get really, because I won't be getting loads of downloads and whatnot... just want to blitz through a few of the games I missed out on. Heavy Rain and Yakuza are first up for me methinks.

So yeah, I'm on the hunt for bargains if anyone knows of anywhere with some!
    This isn't a planet post, I've just watched a few of this ebay sellers Vita auctions. He always gets good feedback on them and his refurbished PS3's, good prices as well: One of his current PS3 auctions , check his other items for a 320GB.
  • thefilthandthefury 21 Apr 2013 22:59:36 24,989 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks! I'll check out the auctions - a good seller to bookmark!
  • Folant 4 May 2013 12:46:11 1,161 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone having trouble adding funds to your wallet?
    Just tried to update my card details on the SEN site and for some odd reason they won't save.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• JiveHound 4 May 2013 13:24:06 2,417 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Right. Seriously thinking about getting one today. Where's cheapest on the high street for the 12gb?

Also, this instant game doo whap. Anyone got a link that sums up the whole service?

Stupid question but is the bluray functionality impacted by the redesign?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• dominalien 4 May 2013 13:43:39 6,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can't eject the disc from the pad, you have to press the button on the console/slide the cover manually.

• X201 4 May 2013 15:47:51 15,287 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:

Also, this instant game doo whap. Anyone got a link that sums up the whole service?

Sony's page for it doesn't help much, so here goes.

PlayStation Plus, 40 per year (also available in 3 month chunks)

There are always 12 games in the Instant Game Collection(IGC).
    The games change at differing rates, but you usually get 2 or 3 news games per month.

Some games are in the IGC for the whole twelve months, some for just a month.

The best thing to do each month is go to the Sony Entertainment Network website and add any new games to your download queue by going through the checkout process with them. They won't actually download (unless you use the new schedule do-dah) but they will be in your download list, which means that you will then be able to download them at any time during your subscription, even after they've left the IGC.

This page lists the current IGC titles
    http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/#select-tab-gamecollection

Motorstorm, LBP 2 and Infamous 2 are the long terms titles.

PlayStation Plus also gets you discounts on games, and usually an extra 10% off anything that is in a sale.

It also enables auto patch downloads and installation and cloud saves etc.

When your subscription ends, access to the games ends, when you resume, access resumes for the same point.

If you forget to add a title to your download list and it leaves the store - tough cheddar, its gone.

Edited by X201 at 15:50:11 04-05-2013
  • JiveHound 4 May 2013 18:39:01 2,417 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Okay, thanks guys.

Just bought a 160gb slim as I really didn't like the look of the new super slim variant. Preowned from Game it was 150 and I was assured it was actually mint, just old stock since the supers came in. I'm cynical but it is immaculate.

Got 3 mnths subscription of Playstation Plus and I wanted to try Infamous 2 so I'm pretty happy.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Syrette 4 May 2013 18:50:43 43,359 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Should have gone on Ebay.

• Sharzam 6 May 2013 00:38:56 2,840 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought my PS3 at the start of 2012 (i think) and picked up a load of great games. I think i might actually do that for next gen, wait for to be tons of games and by then the price would of gone down.

Sure there is excitement at the start of a generation but makes so much more practical sense to wait.

Edited by Sharzam at 00:47:17 06-05-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• johnthewliss 16 May 2013 13:03:15 34 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Im in the UK and changed my DNS so I could watch US Netflix on my PS3. Stopped working randomly today and I get the AIP-701 error. Anyone having this issue? Any fixes?

Edited by johnthewliss at 13:33:38 16-05-2013
  • macksed 28 May 2013 08:48:28 3,798 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure, but have you tried googling for an updated DNS? I've heard it needs changing every few months?
    Hopefully you've solved it by now anyway!
  • andijames 28 May 2013 20:07:47 2,716 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Since when the fuck did PS3 pads cost 45! Went into Tesco to buy a new one tonight and they were charging this! told them to shove it needless to say but i'm damned if i can remember a new pad costing this much for the machine.

vivir el momento

• Spectral 28 May 2013 20:11:44 4,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thats about right for instore tbh. They're around 36 on amazon.
  • andijames 28 May 2013 22:20:09 2,716 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought they were around 30? Christ i must have been in stasis for a couple of years :/

vivir el momento

• Rodriguez 28 May 2013 22:37:30 1,092 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andijames

Not sure if it'll help, but simplygames do PS3 pads for 33.85 with free delivery here.

I've seen a few people here on EG say simply games are fairly good to deal with too.
  • Trafford 1 Jun 2013 18:34:32 5,739 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Noooo!! Just put a hard drive in my 12gb super slim. It's always been near silent.

It now makes an audible hum. I have nothing holding it in place yet, hopefully that will sort it.
  • Trafford 2 Jun 2013 09:58:59 5,739 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The noise has gone now, it returns now and again when downloading stuff.

Had a couple of crashes at that point the noise was whirring up to launch 360 levels.
    Sorry for the blog, but I know some like these anecdotes.
  • freddymercurystwin 2 Jun 2013 10:09:55 431 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Noooo!! Just put a hard drive in my 12gb super slim. It's always been near silent.

It now makes an audible hum. I have nothing holding it in place yet, hopefully that will sort it.
    What did you buy to do this Trafford if you don't mind me asking, I may need to do this in the future?
  • Trafford 2 Jun 2013 10:31:44 5,739 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just a regular hard drive. The guy in the shop set it to the correct format for me ( I don't have a pc at the moment.)

The right hand side of the unit slides away to reveal a slot for the drive. There's a bracket to buy to keep the drive in place.
  • Syrette 2 Jun 2013 10:32:34 43,359 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Replacement-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B009CV1OVC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1370165239&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MDT-320GB-2-5-drive-Laptop/dp/B003ZFRGN6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1370165364&sr=8-9

43 for 320GB and a mounting bracket. Only a few quid more for a bigger capacity drive (see related products).

Edited by Syrette at 10:33:11 02-06-2013

• dominalien 2 Jun 2013 10:36:41 6,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    The guy in the shop set it to the correct format for me ( I don't have a pc at the moment.
    Did he charge you for it?

• Trafford 2 Jun 2013 10:47:02 5,739 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Trafford wrote:
    The guy in the shop set it to the correct format for me ( I don't have a pc at the moment.
    Did he charge you for it?
    No, local Polish electronics shop, I was having a key cut.
    Paid 40 for what appears to be 300gb.
  • freddymercurystwin 2 Jun 2013 10:50:59 431 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Replacement-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B009CV1OVC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1370165239&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MDT-320GB-2-5-drive-Laptop/dp/B003ZFRGN6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1370165364&sr=8-9

43 for 320GB and a mounting bracket. Only a few quid more for a bigger capacity drive (see related products).
    Ahh OK thank you, and so if I find a dummies Youtube guide its just a straight fitment?
  • Page

of 120 First / Last