The "I've got an iPhone" thread Page 271

• Page

of 273 First / Last

• Mfolf 2 Jan 2018 14:12:09 1,793 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    sherpa1984 wrote:
    Yea same here.

20 months ago I switched from the iPhone 5c to a Galaxy S6. Liked the 5c (despite it being the budget model) and not a big fan of my S6.

Now that I'm close to renewal I google'd "S8 vs iphone 7 comparison" and the specs of the S8 completely smashes the iPhone 7 and it's a lot cheaper on contract.

Struggling to justify going back to iPhone now :(
    2018 and we’re still talking specs on phones like it means anything :/
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 14:13:37 89,643 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    And yet it's been Apple's selling point since the first iphone.
  • Mfolf 2 Jan 2018 14:24:31 1,793 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Why are you considering a samsung when there are phones like the mi mix, essential phone or the pixel? They all make the iphone X look hilariously outdated and the pixel 2 is just the best in every class.
    Apart from the litany of issues with the pixel 2, he is right.
  • Mfolf 2 Jan 2018 14:25:52 1,793 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    And yet it's been Apple's selling point since the first iphone.
    That’s simply untrue. Every manufacturer talks specs when they release a new phone. Only gimps get hung up on the spec sheets when it comes to actually buying a phone.
  • sherpa1984 2 Jan 2018 14:29:27 742 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    sherpa1984 wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Why are you considering a samsung when there are phones like the mi mix, essential phone or the pixel? They all make the iphone X look hilariously outdated and the pixel 2 is just the best in every class.
    Best in every class? Doesn't my old, rusty S6 have a far superior screen than the Pixel 2?

I won't pretend I know all about phones, but my very limited knowledge of the Pixel 2 is that it's only worth it if the camera is your most valued feature on a phone?
    You'd better head to the android thread really. pixel 2 is amazing, screen or no.
    Okay will do, cheers.

I don't have a favourite brand when it comes to mobile phones but can see this thread is getting a bit snippy so will take a look elsewhere.
  • dominalien 2 Jan 2018 14:30:06 8,407 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Specs are crucial. It's the only way to quantify things. You can't quantify user experience, or preference, or opinions. It only makes sense to talk about things on the internet when you can 100% back your statements with hard, numerical fact: "xx is shit because it only has 240fps slow motion video, yy has 360fps" or "the 12mpix camera is utter crap, this other 13mpix one is clearly better".
  • reviewer 2 Jan 2018 14:30:52 4,829 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm not seeing much bad about the one plus 5t. Especially at half the price of some of the alternatives.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jan 2018 14:40:30 20,798 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dirtbox has a posting template , he just replaces “consoles” with “Sony” or “Apple” or “iPhone” and “PCs” with “Android”.
    Swap “Apple sheeple” with “console tards”.
    Surely he creates them with software.
    Except you obviously haven't read a single thing I've posted, your posting template is simply dirtbox posting something that casts something i like in a bad light that I can't construct an argument against, therefore I'll just flick my balls and act like a stunted maggot.
    You post shit like "The iPhone X is hilariously outdated".
    It's embarassing.
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 14:41:57 89,643 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I used to love oneplus, but their bizarre, highly invasive privacy issues, hardware fuckups and their arbitrary price hikes turned me right off them. Xiaomi currently have some of the best looking phones, I'll probably go for them next time.
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 14:43:15 89,643 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dirtbox has a posting template , he just replaces “consoles” with “Sony” or “Apple” or “iPhone” and “PCs” with “Android”.
    Except you obviously haven't read a single thing I've posted, your posting template is simply dirtbox posting something that casts something i like in a bad light that I can't construct an argument against, therefore I'll just flick my balls and act like a stunted maggot.
    It's embarassing.
    Case in point, you can't even read one of my posts without projecting your own insecurities on it. I didn't even say that.
  • Phattso 2 Jan 2018 14:45:34 22,277 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Xiaomi currently have some of the best looking phones, I'll probably go for them next time.
    Xiaomi have some really variable QA, so I'd be a little careful there. Bought one as my main device when I was living out in China, and it has a really dim screen. Took it in for a replacement, and was told "you can still see things, we're not replacing it" despite it literally having half the brightness of the devices on display.

Even sent in a Chinese colleague to see if I was just getting mugged off for being a foreigner, same deal. Turns out there are lots of 'Friday Afternoon Specials" like that from them. Maybe it has improved, but definitely worth looking into before diving in.

Have they moved the MiUI on from "iOS in Android Clothes" mode yet? I always quite liked that - cherry picked the best of both worlds.
  • Mfolf 2 Jan 2018 14:46:22 1,793 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Specs are crucial. It's the only way to quantify things. You can't quantify user experience, or preference, or opinions. It only makes sense to talk about things on the internet when you can 100% back your statements with hard, numerical fact: "xx is shit because it only has 240fps slow motion video, yy has 360fps" or "the 12mpix camera is utter crap, this other 13mpix one is clearly better".
    well no actually. Specs fall apart when the actual tests show phone X, is significantly faster in use than phone Y despite the latter having the stronger spec sheet. It’s been like that for years but people still get overly excited about ghz despite it meaning fuck all until the use test cases come out.
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 14:47:39 89,643 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I heard that, but now they're entering the international market they're forced to stay on point.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jan 2018 14:48:08 20,798 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    It's embarassing.
    Case in point, you can't even read one of my posts without projecting your own insecurities on it. I didn't even say that.
    Your exact quote "they all make the iphone X look hilariously outdated ".

Doesn't the pixel 2 have a fucked display?
    If I was as much of a lunatic fanboy as you, I'd be over in your thread telling everyone how shit their phone is. Thankfully I'm not.
  • dominalien 2 Jan 2018 14:49:17 8,407 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Edit: Oh, fuck it. I won't be dragged into this mire.

Edited by dominalien at 14:49:57 02-01-2018
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 14:51:26 89,643 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Pretty phone:

Pretty fucking amazing looking phone:

The key word in the sentence you're desperately trying to misquote is "look".

Edited by Dirtbox at 14:51:37 02-01-2018
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jan 2018 14:51:33 20,798 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been playing with my gf's iPhone X, really looking forward to getting mine.
    It seems great, face id is brilliant, it's fast, the screen is great, size just right, takes great photos and is solid.
  • Phattso 2 Jan 2018 14:52:03 22,277 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I heard that, but now they're entering the international market they're forced to stay on point.
    You think that'll change anything? They're making so much cash in their home market that branching out is by no means a necessary move. I guess they might just bin them like CPUs, with the fucked ones staying in China and only the best ones going International? Fingers crossed.
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 14:55:58 89,643 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It did with huawei, so who knows.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jan 2018 14:56:18 20,798 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What case are people using?
    I'm thinking about this one:

• Phattso 2 Jan 2018 14:57:00 22,277 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They have a decent rep inside China though - far more consistent quality. They have super budget phones, which are dogshit, but they're priced in the same ballpark as dogshit so it's fine. :)
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 14:58:14 89,643 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Looks hilariously outdated.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jan 2018 15:03:51 20,798 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Looks hilariously outdated.
  • SolidSCB 2 Jan 2018 15:06:16 9,996 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love my 5T, it's probably the best phone I've ever had in all honesty. As a free upgrade on my contract, I'm more than happy with it and will be quite happy with it for the next couple of years barring something mind blowing being released.

Of course I'm completely ignorant to whatever privacy issues DB is referring to, so they probably have images of me from the front camera tugging through the vinegar strokes at OnePlus HQ somewhere. Good phone though, like.
  • Phattso 2 Jan 2018 15:08:33 22,277 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If you were banging one out at OnePlus HQ they probably have you on CCTV to be fair.
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 15:17:06 89,643 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They were keylogging everything, search and browser history and uploading it to a server in china. Take from that what you will.
  • Addy_B 2 Jan 2018 15:23:47 2,463 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I had a Xiaomi mi5s last year. Lovely looking phone and a great spec and price but unfortunately I had several bugs with it that began to really get on my tits so got rid.
  • ozthegweat 2 Jan 2018 15:37:01 1,666 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    What case are people using?
    How dare you bringing this aborted fetus of a thread back to topic.

I've always used mine without case, but thinking about a folio case now my wallet has less and less stuff in it. Most are too bulky though.
  • Fake_Blood 2 Jan 2018 16:21:21 8,042 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I've been playing with my gf's iPhone X, really looking forward to getting mine.
    Things are going good in la swisse it seems.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jan 2018 16:28:21 20,798 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Things are going good in la swisse it seems.
    We're both paying them up with our contract tbh, she drowned her iPhone 6 Plus a few weeks ago.
  • Page

of 273 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.