Game - New bunch of c***s Page 73

• Page

of 75 First / Last

• Deleted user 26 February 2017 19:27:17
    Regarding trade ins they apparently have upped their prices to be in line with CEX..well for new games anyway.
  • crashVoodoo 1 Mar 2017 14:22:52 5,165 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Fuck this company!
    Ordered Horizon after speaking with telephone rep who said yeah click and collect and take your order ref in and they'll give you one of their stock and check off collection . Nope.

Guy in store says buy a copy and when yours arrives well refund you and do a load of other complicated bollocks that means we can fuck you over more.

Fuck it, I'll go home cancel it then have it delivered. So that's where I am. Gameless and fucked off. I despise game.
  • foster2007 1 Mar 2017 14:34:29 75 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Fuck this company!
    Ordered Horizon after speaking with telephone rep who said yeah click and collect and take your order ref in and they'll give you one of their stock and check off collection . Nope.

Guy in store says buy a copy and when yours arrives well refund you and do a load of other complicated bollocks that means we can fuck you over more.

Fuck it, I'll go home cancel it then have it delivered. So that's where I am. Gameless and fucked off. I despise game.
    What is even going on there. Game are an unorganised bunch of balloons.
  • pacrifice 1 Mar 2017 16:35:50 4,072 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @crashVoodoo brother, they're a nightmare for me too. The listing for the artbook edition 54.99, page has gone down. Went to the shop just to be told they don't have that one in stock - only for people who pre-ordered and that I could come back on Saturday and see if one's available.

They'll probably get the listing on site back up but at 70.

Really, can't wait to be done with this company. Why couldn't they have just secured stock allocations at the shop, reserve one lot for pre-orders and then allocate an amount for launch day - customers entering the store just to buy there and then?!! At least that way, expectations are set and a customer can't then complain afterwards if they visit the store and find it's no longer available.
  • AceGrace 1 Mar 2017 16:38:59 2,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I once had the misfortune of working with Game in an IT capacity (not at Game directly). The company I worked for was doing some software with them. They couldn't even import a CSV file properly. All data manipulation stuff, I had to do.

Edited by AceGrace at 16:39:31 01-03-2017
  • pacrifice 1 Mar 2017 16:48:28 4,072 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    AND..AND!!! they stopped taking pre-orders at the shop when they reached 10.. 10!!!!
  • Blackmarsh63 1 Mar 2017 17:55:29 1,000 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This is the company that wants 60 notes for the Wii U version of Zelda. :D :D :D
  • Darth_Flibble 4 Mar 2017 12:04:19 2,675 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had some games released from last year (apart from metro redux) and had trouble selling them so I worked out how much I could get due to price matching with CEX. So popped down to game-tronics (aka gamestation) and saw they had extra 5 credit when you trade in 2 games.

Was told they don't price match any more and the piece of shit in charge of the store was a real cunt about it. First he told me "I didn't HAVE TO trade my games in" then said the "trade in prices they offer are good, so they don't have to match CEX!" For the 4 games (Division, shovel knight, metro redux and darksiders) they were offering 10 and another 10 credit! Thats a fucking joke.

If they said sorry we don't price match thats fair enough but its was the fucking cunty attitude from the fat cunt supervisor semen stain. I don't buy from Game unless i want them to price match with CEX (which is next door to them). Not price matching is another nail in the companies coffin. Fuck that company

Went next door to CEX and RE7 (was going to get Horizon zero dawn) but can wait for HZD.
  • NotBdaggers 4 Mar 2017 13:03:58 110 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Are they still charging for PSVR demos ?
  • beastmaster 4 Mar 2017 13:16:21 16,874 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How the fuck have they not gone under? Because they are the only high street company that deals in games. Also...fucktards!
  • Darth_Flibble 4 Mar 2017 13:34:50 2,675 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Should add it was the one in Cambridge.
  • mal 4 Mar 2017 14:01:39 27,571 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Gamestation (or Game-tronic or whatever) are a separate org to GAME still, unless I've not been paying attention, right?
  • Darth_Flibble 4 Mar 2017 14:06:57 2,675 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Gamestation (or Game-tronic or whatever) are a separate org to GAME still, unless I've not been paying attention, right?
    They are still part of Game (unless its changed this year?) they took Game rewards cards, price matched.
  • Deleted user 4 March 2017 14:21:02
    This 'our trade price is good so we don't need to match CEX' line is obviously part of a script that has been sent to store managers as I heard the same thing verbatim earlier in the week. The guy also tried telling me that whilst CEX gave good trade prices their sell prices were higher than GAME and that GAME did not have such a high margin between the buy in and sell on price. I couldn't be arsed arguing with the chap but he was clearly spouting utter BS. They really are a shoddy outfit who exist purely because of the lack of local high st competition. I didn't bother looking round in there as it is always the same old stuff being pimped at laughably high prices. I remember a couple of Christmas back they were selling Captain Toad for 44.99 and the camouflage Dualshock 4's for a piss taking 69.99.

Edited by bostonbrakes at 14:21:56 04-03-2017
  • VideoGameAddict25 4 Mar 2017 14:48:39 633 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    60 for Zelda BOTW on Wii U. Ummm... how about fuck off!
  • pacrifice 4 Mar 2017 16:04:12 4,072 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been put off big time. If they're charging 44 online for a new release or 50 at store, if rather go digital and give Sony the extra money. Really, just spend the GAME store credit on psn cards and let Sony reap the profits.
  • Darth_Flibble 4 Mar 2017 16:57:25 2,675 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I mate of mine got told the same thing about not matching CEX but the staff at his local Game shop were not shit stains about it.

Thats funny about "CEX gave good trade prices their sell prices were higher than GAME " as Game tronics were selling RE7 on X1 for 46.99 second hand but 42 at CEX
  • Kichii 10 Mar 2017 13:40:17 338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I'm confused. I just got a better price from game than cex? Is it the brexit factor? Never thought this day would come.
  • Deleted user 10 March 2017 14:35:54
    As above...was quoted 32 trade in on Uncharted 4 and Last Guardian with GAME on Wednesday. This was 3 more than CEX. Went back yesterday to trade and increased to 35. First time they have ever been better than CEX for me.
  • Deleted user 10 March 2017 14:37:29
    ...cunts are still charging 60 for Breath of the Wild on the Wii U though.
  • Fourfoldroot 10 Mar 2017 18:51:26 2,181 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    zisssou wrote:
    Regarding trade ins they apparently have upped their prices to be in line with CEX..well for new games anyway.
    They upped their prices but it's still usually lower than CEX (games like Titanfall 2 are an exception); they also removed their promise to beat any local price though - which I always used to get prices better than CEX guaranteed. Overall, not good.
  • AceGrace 13 Mar 2017 15:06:43 2,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What's the point of getting a higher trade-in value if Game's prices are more expensive?
  • Blackmarsh63 13 Mar 2017 15:12:55 1,000 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @bostonbrakes ... and 49 in Argos next door. :)
  • StaffyDog 1 May 2017 01:48:24 1,297 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ooh I got a 5 off voucher with my purchase yesterday. But only if I spend 50 or over within a specified date slot. And it's not valid against the purchase of Prey for some ridiculous reason. Not that I was going to buy it but yeah fucking wankers.
  • SomaticSense 1 May 2017 10:17:36 14,690 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Eh?

I hate this shit tier company as much as the next person, but they didn't have to give you a voucher for anything. I could count the amount of times Amazon gave me a money off voucher on one hand... after I chopped all my fingers off.

The term 'entitled' is so often overused and thrown out incorrectly, but it sounds like a perfectly valid description here.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 May 2017 12:16:35 965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My local Game seems to have moved into the arena of comedy. Like most branches, they have an "on sale" rack near the front of the store. Today's highlight? Titanfall 2 on PS4 or XB1 for 50. Amazon currently shows 19.99 on PS4 and 28.94 on XB1.
  • StaffyDog 2 May 2017 10:51:10 1,297 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense 5 off your next purchase of 50 or over but not valid against a new release that happens to be out during the small time slot allocated sounds invalid to me.
  • Cath4rsis 2 May 2017 11:31:39 92 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    StaffyDog wrote:
    @SomaticSense 5 off your next purchase of 50 or over but not valid against a new release that happens to be out during the small time slot allocated sounds invalid to me.

So you'd rather they not have that offer at all? People will be making use of that besides you, on other goods.
  • Kangoo 2 May 2017 11:34:37 1,163 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Amazingly, Game gave 3 more for Yooka-Laylee over cex and then gave an extra 1.50 as I was picking up Little Nightmares which wasn't overpriced in store.

Maybe not ripping people off is the way forward.
  • Page

of 75 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.