Game - New bunch of c***s Page 37

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• ScoutTech 17 Sep 2012 15:27:31 2,425 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Big flagship GAME on Oxford Street has closed down.

These are the final days I reckon.
    Been coming for a while due to the lease supposedly. I am surprised they have held on so long considering the battles that are going on behind the scenes over property in that area.

Edited by ScoutTech at 15:28:22 17-09-2012
  • AaronTurner 17 Sep 2012 15:36:46 7,785 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:

Annoyingly it is still on their website (or was on Friday), wasted a trip for me.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 17 Sep 2012 15:43:35 9,933 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Game in Slough has been replaced by a linen store.
  • billythekid 17 Sep 2012 15:52:25 11,196 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Every shop in Slough has been replaced by a linen store.
    Or a discount luggage shop.
  • captainrentboy 17 Sep 2012 15:59:20 1,022 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:

That closure's been on the cards for a couple of months now. The rent was absolutely insane on the store, so they're going to be opening another big 'un in London... Somewhere.
    I realise the company is particularly destested by the EG gang, but in its shrunken state it's currently doing pretty darn well. Pre-orders for most products are through the roof and profits are generally up on last year.
    I think it's got a few years left in it yet.
  • X201 17 Sep 2012 16:03:52 15,577 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Every shop in Slough has been replaced by a linen store.
    Or a discount luggage shop.
    Could be worse

Could be the plague of Cash 4 Gold, charity shops, or cheap take-away's that my local town has turned into. That's just the ones that aren't boarded up :(
  • nickthegun 17 Sep 2012 16:05:25 60,444 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, my mrs went into game on friday to get me tekken tag 2.

'Can I have the new tekken on the xbox please?'

'the standard or the special edition?'

'whats the difference?'

'Uh...... the special edition is 60...'

'oooookay then, standard edition it is'

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Sildur 11 Oct 2012 14:20:14 14 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi guys, :D

So I just went to my local Gamestation in London to pre-order Dishonored and was told: "It's 44.99 but we've stopped taking pre-orders now as it's the day before."

Fair enough! I went along to my local Blockbusters and pre-ordered it there for 34.99. That's a 28.5%/10 saving (I can do math!! :D )

So I see Game/Gamestation haven't changed at all then. :D
  • Cadence 11 Oct 2012 14:33:14 1,693 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not one bit, there are just less of them now.

Edited by Cadence at 14:33:42 11-10-2012
  • PrivateFloyd 12 Oct 2012 07:05:59 4,181 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So,

All the remaining gamestations are being rolled into the GAME brand. Allegedly happening before Xmas.

That's a shame.

Goat is hungry.....

• YenRug 12 Oct 2012 13:12:25 2,310 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    So,

All the remaining gamestations are being rolled into the GAME brand. Allegedly happening before Xmas.

That's a shame.
    Was announced several weeks ago...
  • PhoenixFlames 12 Oct 2012 13:56:59 9,184 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So Gamestation is soon to go bust then.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• YenRug 12 Oct 2012 16:57:03 2,310 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    So Gamestation is soon to go bust then.
    No, it's going to cease to exist, as the new owners are not subject to the requirement to maintain the brand name that GAME originally were. Now, GAME going bust, again, that's a different matter entirely.
  • binky Moderator 6 Nov 2012 14:09:42 9,703 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's not often I have a pop at GAME but this lunchtime they really annoyed me.
    Game still say they won't be beaten on local trade in prices so I checked the CEX website and they're offering 28 cash or 30 credit for Borderlands 2. That plus the 10 credit in Game/station I have = Halols4 for nout. Sorted I thought.

Got to Game and they priced Borderlands 2 up at 16. I told them that CEX are offering more and could they match it. They said, "oh ok". I told them the price and then suddenly there must have been an earthquake or something because both Dartford and Bexleyheath CEX were not local enough.

Absolute false advertising.
  • spindle9988 6 Nov 2012 14:12:21 3,619 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got a letter through the door saying that I had about 15.00 worth of points. The only problem being that I no longer live near a Game doh
  • Blerk Moderator 6 Nov 2012 14:14:17 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can use your points in the online store, you know.
  • spindle9988 6 Nov 2012 14:16:23 3,619 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ahhh thanks mate. Will have a look when I get home. Would want to trade assassins creed 3 with it once completed
  • Blerk Moderator 6 Nov 2012 14:21:52 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You just need to hook your reward card up to your account and you're away. Get it spent before they follow Comet into oblivion just after Christmas. :)
  • fletch7100 6 Nov 2012 14:36:58 7,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just started using my local game for first time in ages. Got loads to trade in. Staff seem pretty reasonable so far. Had nice trade in offer for new games, where they rotate the special offer on trade ins. Got AC3, traded in dark souls and left 4 dead 2, got AC3 for 4.99 then as I had paid 5 for the preorder I didn't have to pay the 4.99.

Traded in new MOH, AC2 plus 10 on my reward card and minus 5 preorder
    Got new NFS most wanted ltd edt and Darksiders 2 limited edt brand new for total price of 15

Game are doing a sort of achievements give you extra .points on your reward card,first trade in, trade in so many games within 14 days of release etc

Trade in my old games now to fund the Xmas binge on games.

Edited by fletch7100 at 14:38:49 06-11-2012
  • santashi 6 Nov 2012 14:37:52 5,164 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @binky What annoyed me last time I traded games in with them was that they agreed to do the beat-local-trade-in-prices deal with the prices of CEX (two minutes walk away). They traded in the games, put through my now discounted purchases, gave me a receipt and I left.

Glancing at the receipt later in a cafe I realised that they hadn't beaten the prices on some of the games.

I popped in again and was told that they wouldn't do it on games that they would sell them for less than they bought them for. This seems fair enough (although I'm not entirely convinced that they would have been selling them for less looking at the rest of their preowned prices) but they should probably have mentioned it rather than telling me that they were beating the CEX prices.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• binky Moderator 6 Nov 2012 14:47:37 9,703 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @santashi Well this was the store managers argument, that they won't be selling it for 30, which I completely understand but they shouldn't bang on about how they WON'T BE BEATEN ON TRADE INS, when they'll clearly turn it away if they don't like the price!

It's not a massive bother. I'll walk into CEX later if they're still open and get cash in there as it was only 2 difference between that and exchange. Just a bit annoying to be told one thing and then have them do another.
  • santashi 6 Nov 2012 14:56:18 5,164 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Exactly. They especially shouldn't tell you that they'll do it only for you to find later that they didn't.

• SlackMaster 6 Nov 2012 15:00:04 3,134 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm no fan of Game but lets face it CEX are not better. Their stock in all the local CEX's by me in London are largely filthy and DVD's and games are often scratched.

I picked up Otogi on the XBox last week from the CEX in Lewisham. I noticed that there were two copies on the shelve so asked if I could take a look at both and pick one. The guy looked at me funny and said if the disk is scratched he can put it through the polisher for me.

He got the disk showed it to me, which was scratched to fuck then before even waiting for me to say anything walked off and put it through the polisher.

He showed it to me again then boxed it up and asked if I wanted it. I said ok then before leaving the store though I'd check it. The game had no manual, so I went back in and ask if I could have a manual.

The guy said it wasn't a requirement for them to take games or sell them with manuals but after I pushed him he went and got the manual from the other game.

When I left the store I decided that I would not shop at CEX in Lewisham again. Sh*t customer service and their game look like they have been left out in a field somewhere.

Edited by SlackMaster at 15:15:03 06-11-2012
  • santashi 6 Nov 2012 15:08:52 5,164 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Actually, Game operate the same policy with manuals, or at least they did (I got the same response when I asked where the manual was).

I've only been to the CEX in Birkenhead and only got two Vita games but I was pretty pleased. One game was in excellent condition and the other actually seemed new. Both much cheaper than elsewhere at the time, too. They did have one employee trying to tell someone that the DS would play 3DS games though so I'm not convinced about the staff. ;)

• YenRug 6 Nov 2012 16:02:52 2,310 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    before they follow Comet into oblivion just after Christmas. :)
    I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up; when they were rescued, people were saying about how the company taking them over were behind the Comet relaunch and going on about how well that was working...
  • Kangoo 6 Nov 2012 16:18:17 1,021 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Had the same happen to me today, took Dishonored in and they offered me 16 trade. Told them CEX offer 30, said they could only offer me 24 as they only sell it for 30.00 pre-owned and they can't offer the same as they sell it for.

Must be the first game in history that a pre-owned game is not 2 less then the new version.

PSN: Adwab2

• Page

of 48 First / Last